Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WHAT DIGITAL SCALES ARE YOU USING?

DJCAREY

I need to replace my digital scales. From the reviews I've read alot of them fail. I want one that i can depend on, and last longer than a week like mine. So what scales do you like and what scales should I stay away from?

I also need a good scale to way my guns to make sure they aren't overweight.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know most scales for powder measure weigh in grains & sometimes grams. You need a scale that weighs ounces for your guns. IOW, you probably need a larger scale to weigh your guns. The post office used to give out a nice scale for lbs/oz to folks doing a lot of shipping. Those work great for weighing a gun.

MLM

I do not use an electronic scale anymore. I have had 3 of them crap out within months of being set up. I use a Redding balance beam scale now. If I did decide to go the electronic route again I would look at something like the Gempro or any other scale that is designed for the gem industry because I have not had good luck with those designed for reloading.

Hi,

I have 2 Dillion electronic that are at least 5 years old and 1 Herter's mechanical. I check them all for accuracy before I use them.

I bought a food scale for the guns. Took it to the post office and used their weight to check it. It was very close to being correct. Then when I wanted to know for sure, I took the gun over and weighed it. Just don't take the gun in without asking first!!!

I use the RCBS Chargemaster 1500. I had a problem with it and RCBS was great and sent me a new one since then zero issues. I check it with test weights at the beginning and end of use.

To weigh a firearm a digital baggage scale such as the ones from Walmart.

How about some support for our favorite forum provider...................

Brian's digital scale @ $75 or Brian's High Performance Digital Scale WITH A LIFE TIME WARRANTY $135!!!!!!!!

I have the High Performance one and it is great, perfect, no problems and any other superlative words that you could use.

GET ON THE BAND WAGON.

Edited by mjohn

The My Weigh scales are definitely the way to go in my opinion. Until you step up to an Ohaus I don't think anything can touch them on performance, or reliability.

The high-performance scale Mr. Enos is selling is a My Weigh model, so is the Gem Pro 250 mentioned above. To weigh your pistols I'd suggest a second scale, the capacity of the scales best suited for powder aren't going to get you where you want to go.

For what I load I prefer the GemPro-250, if you're weighing .50 cal bullets or something the 500 might be the way to go. They give resolution down to .02 and .05 grains respectively. The ibalance 201 carried here "only" resolves down to .1 grain. Quotes around only because any of these are so far ahead of what most people are using it's splitting hairs.

I bought a cheap ebay scale for weighing my guns and postage. Specifically one of these (don't know the exact seller it was a while ago):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEIGHMAX-35-LB-DIGITAL-POSTAL-SHIPPING-SCALE-W-AC-Have-it-in-1-3-Biz-DAYS-/390404573976?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae5ed0b18

My wife uses it to weigh our kid (7 months) because she has OCD.

For powder scales, I really dig the Enos High Performance scale.

Hi,

I have 2 Dillion electronic that are at least 5 years old and 1 Herter's mechanical. I check them all for accuracy before I use them.

I bought a food scale for the guns. Took it to the post office and used their weight to check it. It was very close to being correct. Then when I wanted to know for sure, I took the gun over and weighed it. Just don't take the gun in without asking first!!!

I don't recommend ever taking a gun into the post office, even if you ask. It is still a crime.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2