Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3nd Annual AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championships

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 2013 AR15.com – Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship will be August 23th through August 25th. If you shot it last year, you also got this in an email message. It is a 3 day match for Pro shooters and a two day match for Amateurs. Signing up for the match is a 2 step process. First, you sign in to obtain a registration code. The sign in process (to get a registration code for the application) will be Wednesday, February 13th at 9:30 PM Eastern Time (8:30 PM Central, 7:30 PM Mountain & 6:30 PM Pacific). Then, you add that code to the top of a completed application and send it to Rockcastle with your entry fee.

The TEST Sign in

Before the REAL Sign in on February 13th, feel free to fill out the information (http://www.LChico5u.com/ar15-2.html) and click the submit button. You will get a "form letter" email message from me within 24 hours. Also, the screen that appears when you successfully submit your information will say:

Added entry for John Doe from 98.25.244.248 with verification number 135985849869.84 -- You will receive a Registration Code for the application by email within 24 hours.

Please note that the 2 numbers in this message are NOT the registration code. That will come in a separate email. I will clear any information at 8:30 pm Eastern Time on February 13th, so you can practice up until then, signing in.

The REAL Sign in

If you cannot personally be online at the designated time of February 13th, get someone else to complete the sign in for you. You can get shooting buddies to sign you in. You can have your child or spouse sign you in. There is no rule that you have to do it personally. If you plan to designate someone else to complete sign in, have them practice on the Test Sign In before the thirteenth of the month.

Only the first sign-in will count, there is no need to continue once you get the message that your entry was added. Note that I will not accept any official sign-in on the on-line list before 9:30 PM Eastern Time on February 13, 2013. There is an official clock on the page. Don't hit the submit button on February 13th before 9:30:00 on the clock. This advance notice lets you look over the information early, get familiar with the process, so that you can you get a registration code on the 13th.

We will not accept applications without a code. Please note that filling in the screen is NOT a speed event. Errors in the email address or phone number may make it impossible to reach you. Please make sure contact information is correct. On February 13th, get to the webpage a few minutes early, so that you can fill in the information correctly, and only need to click on the "submit" button once the time is correct. I will email you a code after you successfully submit the information to me after 9:30 PM February 13th.

First, get into the match. Then send me your squad requests (by email, by phone, or scribbled on the application, etc). We DO NOT need applications in the same envelope. Do Not wait until you have all your friends together. I will honor your squadding requests.

These are 2 separate matches held at the same time: Different number of days to shoot, different stages, and different prize tables. You are welcome to try and obtain a registration code for both matches, but you will have to decide on the application which match you prefer to shoot. There will be separate registration lists and separate waiting lists for the Pro & Am matches.

If you are match staff – the registration code is RO. Once the application is available, you can submit an application using that code. You DO need to submit an application if you plan to work and shoot. If you are assuming you will be a sponsored shooter, check with your sponsor, to be sure they are already committed to sponsor the match. Several sponsors gave Rockcastle a commitment at the SHOT Show. In that case, you can skip the sign in process, and submit an application after it is available. Your registration code is the word “Sponsor” followed by the name of your Sponsor. Every year we get applications from shooters who claim sponsorship with companies that have not signed a contract with Rockcastle. In that case you STILL need to sign-in for a registration code. The details of how the sponsor covers your match fees will be negotiated between your sponsor and the folks at Rockcastle.

At this time, we are still finalizing the match website and the application. I do not know what the match fees will be, but I expect them to be close to the amounts from last year ($250 for Pro and $125 for Am). The application will be on the updated match website before February 13th. Please email if you have any questions.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2013 ARFCOM-Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Statistician

LChico@msn.com

I've been working on the submit button also plus a little on stage design.

Is there a stage designed around being the fastest to hit the "submit" button? That would be kinda funny, running from name boxes, to division box, to email/telephone box with a "submit" box finale of four disappearing swingers.... muahahahahaha

The link to the application will be provided in an email message together with the registration code. Everyone who signs in after 9:30 PM Eastern Feb 13th will obtain a Registration Code. Lower registration codes mean you are being offered a slot in the match. The email you get with the code will tell you how to proceed next:

Your Registration code number for the Am match is: 436

Congratulations! That number means you will be confirmed to shoot the match after you complete the next step:
[this is where I give you additional instructions and you get an Application Link.]

or

At this time, all the slots at the 2013 ARFCOM-Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun - Pro Match are full. I am sorry, but your Registration Code ( 787 ) was too high to include you as a shooter in the match at this time. [
this is where I send you waiting list information]

There are about 250 slots in each match. By Thursday night, all 250 slots in the Am match & 250 in the Pro match will be full and about 100 to 150 people will be on a waiting list for each match. If we post an application, and get 600 to 800 completed applications for 500 total slots, we would need to put them in a barrel and randomly draw for slots. With the online registration code process, you know within 24 hours if you have a slot. You do not have to send a check or money order unless you have a slot. Match administrators do not have to deal with checks and money orders for those on the waiting list. Or, you can pay by credit/debit card. And, you do not need to spend big bucks for expensive delivery services or to worry that delays in the postal system means that you have no chance to get into the match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2013 ARFCOM-Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun

Edited by LChico

Only space to sign up one person this year? Any input why? Just curious.

This is not a change. That is what we have done for this match every year. Are you thinking about the Ft Benning matches?

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2013 ARFCOM-Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun

Maybe I am, Linda, not sure. This match has replaced Ft. Benning for my buds and me since we don't want to drive to Texas. My brother and I were discussing it, and thought there were two sign up spots, but I obviously defer to you're recollection.