Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production optics

Wilkenstein

Some people are just a bit thick it seems

Dunno if I'd say that, but it IS certainly unrealistic to expect someone else to do the work of creating a new division that you *claim* you want to shoot. I would call it naive and selfish, rather than thick.

I was referring to you

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if I'd say that, but it IS certainly unrealistic to expect someone else to do the work of creating a new division that you *claim* you want to shoot. I would call it naive and selfish, rather than thick.

I was referring to you

Really? You mean like you were trying to insult me on the internet? That doesn't even make any sense..... I'm not the one complaining on the internet instead of actually doing something constructive.....

Edited by motosapiens

I was referring to you

Really? You mean like you were trying to insult me on the internet? That doesn't even make any sense..... I'm not the one complaining on the internet instead of actually doing something constructive.....

You sure are are trolling the topic

Enough. Time out while everyone reviews the prime directive.

Posting Guidelines

Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.
No trolling. No alternate accounts.

If you think there's a concern with another member, bring it to the attention of the moderating team. Discuss the issue -- not each other.

I think production optics is a reasonable idea, especially if we can get rid of the whole revolver thing. I have seen 2 people shooting guns that would probably fit in a production optics division at the weeknight steel match I run. If y'all can get 2 or more to show up on a regular basis, I will break out the results separately, and if you can get 10 to show up, I will call my section coordinator and report how popular the division is.

If you post on the internet or circulate petitions, I will simply point out the fairly obvious flaws in that tactic. :devil:

We don't need any more divisions. We have 1 and perhaps even 2 that we can eliminate at present. A new division isn't going to expand our sport or do anything useful.

Single Stack folks felt the need for a new division, while most others felt they were doing just fine in L10 (did I get that right, reading older stuff?).

You could take just about every argument offered against production optics and say that should be the case as well with Single Stack - L10 is there, why add a division? But at this point, I don't think anyone has on the table elimination of Single Stack because it's failed to attract participants. It's not the biggest division, sure, but people love to shoot it.

Production optics I believe is similar - sales and development of slide mounted / compatible optics from Trijicon, Leupold, Burris and more are flourishing with those products in their 2nd and 3rd generations. There is a lot of interest for many reasons given earlier. And the point of Production Optics (again, I believe) is to tap into that interest with something folks will identify as distinctly different from an Open race gun -- a more or less stock handgun with an RDS.

I have read this thread with interest. I think several valid points have been made.

1. Some people, maybe a lot, want PO.

2. Said people should get an action plan together.

3. Said people should shoot their PO guns in Open now.

4. People who do not want PO should get off this thread, lol

I am a big fan of just shooting what you have/like. I am currently running a Browning Hi-Power in L-10 shooting minor

Against full limited 2011s shooting major. I am having fun. I support PO. But if you want it to happen I agree that it will be a big help to your cause if people SEE THE GUNS AT MATCHES.

Spare SP01, check!

Spare Aimpoint, check!

Ready to rocknroll in Production Optics, check!

Don't forget a production legal holster if you don't already have one. :)

We don't need any more divisions. We have 1 and perhaps even 2 that we can eliminate at present. A new division isn't going to expand our sport or do anything useful.

Single Stack folks felt the need for a new division, while most others felt they were doing just fine in L10 (did I get that right, reading older stuff?).

You could take just about every argument offered against production optics and say that should be the case as well with Single Stack - L10 is there, why add a division? But at this point, I don't think anyone has on the table elimination of Single Stack because it's failed to attract participants. It's not the biggest division, sure, but people love to shoot it.

I would bet there were many people showing up with SS legal guns and actually shooting them in L and L10 prior to the adoption of SS division

I would bet there were many people showing up with SS legal guns and actually shooting them in L and L10 prior to the adoption of SS division

Frankly, L10 makes more sense to me than singlestack for shooting a 1911 because the stages in a normal uspsa match will flow better. Between the two divisions we might get 3-4 participants per match. I'm sure in capacity-restricted states that is different tho.

I don't mind shooting singlestack in ss-only matches tho. For sure there is a similar place for production optics.

Can we trade revolver and SS for PO (and keep L10 instead of SS)?