Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 United States 3 Gun Amateur National Championships

We are please to announce the 1st annual United States 3 Gun Amateur National Championships be held at Fire For Effect Range outside Columbia, MO. on September 27-29, 2013. This is the same range and management as the CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships.

This match is open to all amateur shooters and shortly, we will announce the requirements to be able to attend.

We feel that it is important top support the vast majority of the 3 Gun competitors who are not sponsored professionals, but amateur shooters with their own championships. These shooters are great ambassadors and are what sustains and advances our sport.

We will be using the Lewis class system in each division to divide shooters into A, B, and C classes and will award prizes in the same manner giving everyone a chance at a top tier prize. Essentially, there will be a A, B and C Class National Champion in each division followed by 2nd, 3rd place etc.

Divisions are:

Tac Ops

Tac Iron

Open

Heavy Metal

Heavy Tac Ops

We will be launching a new website soon...stay tuned

Entry form enclosed.

Thanks,

Ken Flood

Match Director

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are sorting that out now but it will be what percentage a shooter finished in any major match in the last year. Obviously Tac Ops will be different that the other divisions because of the amount of total shooters.

An example would be if you finished in the top 15% of any match in Tac Ops, you would be considered a Pro Shooter.

Stilll working on the details.

Ken

We feel that it is important top support the vast majority of the 3 Gun competitors who are not sponsored professionals, but amateur shooters with their own championships. These shooters are great ambassadors and are what sustains and advances our sport.

I really like this idea. It will be interesting to see how you make the cut off between "Pro" and "Amateur" because I am really interested in coming.

Great idea - I am going to see if I can make it. Having been a golfer for many, many years before shooting took over my life I always wondered why there weren't amateur categories and awards at matches. In golf it was very clear that to be considered an amateur you were not allowed any sponsorship at all. If you received any equipment\discount\etc in return for promoting a company you were a professional. You could wear companies logos to show your support, but you couldn't be compensated for it. Seems like this would fit in the shooting world at least to recognize high amateurs at a match... Cheers, Allen

Lewis class example. There are 30 shooters. 1-3 would be 1-3 "A" class, 11-13 would be 1-3 "B" class, 21-23 would 1-3 "C" class. Make sense?

This is definitley interesting and Katie and I will be participating.

Edited by abn-rgr

I really like the concept of this match, and I applaud Ken for taking this on. With 3GN PRO only matches and such it is nice to have something like this for the AM shooters. With the TV show and media spotlight pushing everything towards the PRO series this isn't something that anyone would expect to emerge. I hope that this match does well, and I hope that I shoot in it!

Just to keep the pot stir'd up a little, it is also going to be fun to watch how many of the PRO shooters try to find a way to shoot this match :devil:

Why should finish at some other match matter? I think a better definition of Pro and Am could be thought of.

If you are refering to being sponsored, you may as well not even have a match. Rustin B would come in there and win it all as he is not a sponsored shooter. I think placement of finish at a large outlaw match would be a good indicator. Im sure Ken would be up for suggestions, but I think he is on the right path.