Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good non-smelling Cleaner, Lubricant and Protectant?

Looking for recommendations for a non-smelling CLP for away matches.

I usually use Breakfree CLP. At matches I usually have to clean my guns in my hotel room. I find that BCLP stinks up the trash and immediate area. I'm not sure but that smell may have been the reason why one hotel we stayed at charged us extra (after the fact) for cleaning up the room after our stay.

Given that, any recommendations for an odor free CLP (or any multi product combination) for pistol and long guns?

I use Froglube, it works good. Doesnt have a chemical smell. Smells like menthol.

A lot of internet hype behind it, some folks have problems with it not running in cold weather. But I have yet to have a problem. Its not a magic lube like some have claimed it to be, but it has worked well for me, I now run it exclusively.

George

I've been using FIREClean. No odor, works good. Better than everything else? I don't know, but I have no complaints with it. It seems to stay on the surfaces to which it's applied, and really does well at cutting carbon.

I can't think of the last time I cleaned a gun at a match.....

Well this particular incident was on the way to a match (Ironman). We hadn't fired a shot yet and had dirty guns to begin with. We had stayed at this hotel numerous times and the only time they dinked us like that was when we cleaned our guns. I guess it was like smoking in a non-smoking room.

I clean my guns during Ironman as well. If I don't clean my guns sometime during Ironman (especially the shotgun)... I have problems. The Parma dust, relatively longer stage times and higher rounds counts can take its toll.