Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Mag Pouches

S197Shelby

I am looking for competition pouches for M&P mags. Most of the makers don't specifically say anything about M&P mags. They make concessions or offer inserts for STI/Glock/1911 mags but nothing specifically about M&P. Which seem to work best with the least amount of modification or sacrifice?

The ones that i have been looking at include the CR Speed; DAA Race master, Racer and Universal; and Blade Tech. Other choices of course are welcome. These would be for USPSA production.

I have used the CR speed mag pouches with my M&Ps since the very beginning. They have done very well by me and I have even posted a video on Youtube on how to modify for the M&P mags. I will probably use them for my Tanfoglio mags this year also.

Edited by Aggieddad02

I have used the CR speed mag pouches with my M&Ps since the very beginning. They have done very well by me and I have even posted a video on Youtube on how to modify for the M&P mags. I will probably use them for my Tanfoglio mags this year also.

+1

I'm not sure how he modded his, but I just put a flat washer behind the CZ inserts. Easy Peazy

If youre just shooting production division, theres a guy on glocktalk called tacticalkydex who makes them for $10 each free shipping. They are a simplistic design but work great, i am using 4 of them for production. They are made around the shape of a m&p mag so its a perfect fit.

He can make whatever belt size u want, and they have adjustable retention. However they cannot have adjustable cant so i wouldnt recommend them for limited or open.

Email

Tacticalkydex@bellsouth.net

yju4ezat.jpg

Edited by Sheperd80

I used Blackhawk pouches in the beginning that I would heat up in the oven and just mold around the mag. Now I just use the CR speed pouches with the washer behind the insert. Can't remember what size washer it is, but a quick google will tell you or you can order 4 packs of the nylon ones from SSS

For Multi-Gun I use the Raven Concealment pouches because they ride close, I don't need that many of them and I can roll all over them in prone if I need to without causing any issues or getting dirt into the mag pouch and the mags.

For USPSA Limited, I use the CR Speed. The mods I did are covered on my blog in Video 3.

https://weaponkingpin.wordpress.com/2012/09/09/shooting-uspsa-limited-major-on-a-budget/

I have a Safariland ELS and the mag pouches work with Glock 34 9MM/CZ SP01 Shadow/M&P Pro 40 and 9MM.

I shoot all of these on a single belt only changing my holster.

Safariland ELS is very versatile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I run Safariland mag pouches on an ELS rig. Great pouches, they accept all double stacks, I adjust the width with an Allen screw for my Glock 34, CZ SP01 Shadow, M&P Pro 40/9MM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I love the DAA racer pouch design and I just put a 1/4" spacer (a piece of .250 kydex with a hole drilled in it) behind the insert and it fits perfectly and I can still use the tension dial and it's a far better feel than the CR speed versa pouches for me anyhow. I'm going to switch over to them on all my rigs once I get the new single stack belt in