Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W CORE

bpipe95

• 3 weeks later...

It seems like a good first effort - but the other half of the equation would be a factory threaded barrel or *better* , a threaded and comp'ed barrel. If they'd offer such a gun or package, I'd bet they wouldn't be able to keep up with demand.

My two cents,

Mark

Does it come in 40? If so, you could convert to 9 MM with a Storm Lake conversion barrel and some 9 MM mags.

Several question come to mind. Is this going to be a true open platform? Can you lengthen the chambers to accept 1.180 OAL 40 S&W?

Will it take the higher pressures of 40 & 9 MM major, comp'd and ported?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like a good first effort - but the other half of the equation would be a factory threaded barrel or *better* , a threaded and comp'ed barrel. If they'd offer such a gun or package, I'd bet they wouldn't be able to keep up with demand.

My two cents,

Mark

Mark,

I think you're 1000% correct. I'd buy two if they made a C.O.R.E. with a threaded barrel and comp.

Mark II

My buddy just got a pro CORE model. Nice gun but I'm not really interested.

Matt- They come with surpressor style iron sights so you can co witness through the optic.

What I want to know is will the stippled back strap be SSP legal in IDPA. Technically illegal, but one could make the arguement that its the same as the glock extended slide release- since its stock on one model, adding it to any model is OK. Splitting hairs I know, but perhapse interesting debate (since I think the stippling rule is stupid anyway)

What I want to know is will the stippled back strap be SSP legal in IDPA. Technically illegal, but one could make the arguement that its the same as the glock extended slide release- since its stock on one model, adding it to any model is OK. Splitting hairs I know, but perhapse interesting debate (since I think the stippling rule is stupid anyway)

You can stipple the removable back straps in SSP. You can't stipple the frame in SSP.

(At least in the current rule book :surprise: )

Edited by eisenhow

Really?? Because its an external part I guess huh......interesting :ph34r:

PERMITTED Modifications (Inclusive list):

2. Grips may be changed to another style or material that is

similar to factory configuration (no weighted grips; see

“weighted grips” in glossary for further details).

EXCLUDED Modifications (NON-Inclusive list):

1. Externally visible modifications other than grips or sights.

http://idpaforum.yuk...get#reply-34474

• 2 weeks later...

the backstrap stippling allowance is supposed to be like changing grips or mainspring housing on a 1911 since they are "interchangeable" and not a permanent part of the gun its allowed for SSP as soon as you hit the iron on any other part though its right into ESP. But with ESP you can get the speed shooters specialties magwell and base pads stipple the crap out of the frame and its basically like running a limited gun. i definitely like being able to run it for 3-gun tactical and ESP without having to change anything in between.

and back to the original topic:

I see this as a nice attempt but this looks like a "tactical" competition gun, I would still change out the trigger (gotta have that FSS kit) the front sight, magwell it and stipple a ton of other stuff as well as give a good relief cut under the trigger guard.

If they had a threaded barrel with this it would be a 9/40 version of the FN FNP 45 tactical. cool gun but unless I'm running a suppressor the sights are kind of useless. just rock a good fiber optic front and you can use the window as a rear if your dot goes down. that big ass rear seems like a pain.

But if it floats some boats more power to 'em

• 1 month later...

Saw Jerry Miculek use one at an exhibition shoot a couple weeks ago. He let me check it out before the shoot, and it was nice. He said that he plans to use it in 3gun, and that he is going to get the slide cut and the barrel ported. I aksed the S&W rep there if they planned to offer a comped or ported version, and he said not at this time. But also mentioned that they have been getting a lot of requests for that, so maybe a future version would offer that as an option.

Putting an optic on the slide like that is getting pretty popular in the tactical crowd, so I think this pistol is geared mostly towards them for now. But it would easily be adaptable for IPSC or 3gun.

Here's the video of Jerry shooting it.:

Edited by Tuflehundon

My two cents,

Mark

Seems that Smith and Wesson can't keep up with production on current models, let alone new ones, so I don't think demand is an issue for them right now.