Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

8th Annual 2013 CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there going to be registration available Thursday? I see registration on the schedule at 0700 Friday, but checking in the day before is usually way easier for everyone.... Thanks.

DanO

Round CountPistol 120,Shotgun 110 Rifle 85

Firearms can be grounded hot as long as the safety is on.

Shotgun ammo #6 or smaller, no steel, no slugs, no buckshot

Longest rifle target is 385 yards

We will only post COF's on our website if time allows, as you can guess we are all very busy.

Registration will be 3:00-6:00 on Thursday the 16th and 7:00-8:30 on Friday.

Thanks, Ken

I see Michael and you missed being on the super squad with us..... ;)

I thoroughly enjoyed the match. Ken was right when he said you can't find nicer RO's anywhere. Thanks to everybody who had a part in making this a fantastic event.

I had a great time with a bunch of good guys in squad 1. We all worked well in getting the steel back up and ready for the next shooter. Thank you CMMG, RO’s and all the sponsors!

Thanks to all who attended. It was truly a joy to run this years match and I could not have had a better group of shooters to run it for. Everyone was appreciative and the weather was fantastic!

See you in September for the Brownell's United States 3 Gun Amateur National Championships.

Ken

We had a great time this weekend shooting with squad #15! Thank you to Ken and his team, all of the hard-working ROs, the young service men and women who came out to volunteer and help us out, and all of the sponsors that supported the match.

This was my first Midwest 3-Gun match and I'm looking forward to shooting again with you guys next year.

Nick

Ken and Larry did a great job!!

The RO's at this match are some of the best I've seen.....helpful and just down right nice people! All that put on this match should be proud of the job well done!

The stages are deceptively simple.....KNOWING where you pistol shoots is paramount!!

We were on squad 10.....shooting with the guys from Midway along with the Miller brothers (1st TAC OPS & 1st TAC IRON) and my good friends Hung and Chris.

Shooting isn't this only reason why wwe go to these matches and going out to dinner with the boys OK, Benny and JK was very pleasurable.

We'll be back next year......and.....if you need an RO for the Sept match.....give me a call. It would be an honor to help out!!

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

Thanks to Ken, Larry, the Overstreets, the RO's, the military help (what great young people), the sponsors, and the fellow shooters.

I was lucky enough to be on Squad #1, and everyone worked as hard on the reset (it became a competition amongst us) as they did on their shooting. I learned a lot from members of this squad as well as members of some of the other squads we followed, or were in front of most of the match.

I was impressed with the number of newer shooters I saw at the match. Also with the number of shooters that I had never seen before, that had obviously been doing some diligent practice. Anyone thinking they could come to this match and have an easy time climbing the ranks because the "Pro's" were not there were sadly mistaken. This had to have been one of the strongest group of shooters I have ever seen grouped into one match. It made for a very enjoyable weekend.

The MN3GunGroup was well represented by 20+ shooters from our state with two Division winners in HM and HMO, and a 3rd in TI. Good job guys!! way to represent.

As always a top notch match, and top notch R.o.s! This match is very pistol and shotgun accuracy intensive . I was very impressed with how smooth it ran. I will be back in September to work for all you great guys at the Armature National Championships! Great job Ken, and thank you to all the GREAT R.O.S!!!!!!!!

My dad and son shot the team event. 3 generations of 3 gunners. Likely the only time this will happen though we are hoping to all see you next year. As always Ken you and the staff ran a great match. I have been up there so many years that the RO's are old friends. What a great bunch of guys. Thank you.

Team Gen 3:

Side Match Results:

Day 1 Side Match

A Class

1. Nick Kalishek $25

2. Don Bednorz $20

3. Michael Lindsey $15

B Class

1. Kevin Pratt $25

2. Jeremy Maddox $20

3. Mike Reed $15

C Class

1. Doug Schmidt $25

2. Mark Yackley $20

3. Larry Nickle $15

Day 2 Side Match

A Class

1. Nick Kalishek $15

2. Michael Lindsey$10

3. Nick Kalishek $5

B Class

1. Steve Gerek $15

2. Blaise Sanford $10

3. Adam Maxwell $5

C Class

1. Ben Martin $15

2. Julie Sanford $10

3. Adam Martin $5

Day 3 Side Match

A Class

1. Nick Kalishek $24

2. Lucas Webster $20

3. Michael Lindsey $10

B Class

1. Nick Kalishek $24

2. Lucas Webster $20

3. Adam Maxwell $10

C Class

1. Mike Stephens $24

2. Adam Maxwell $20

3. Brandon Hafner $10

We will be mailing checks soon to those who did not get their payout at the match. Sorry, I forgot to mention this at the awards.

Ken

Well another Midwest Championships is over and it was another great match. Ken, Larry and the RO's once again did an awesome job. Everything seemed to run super smooth and I don't recall seeing a single stage fall behind schedule. Big thanks to the sponsors and everyone who made this match happen.

Performance wise, for me personally this was a rough one. But at the same time, experience wise, it was one of the coolest matches I've ever attended. I owe a lot of that to my mates on squad 10, what a great bunch. Shooting with the Miller brothers, Hung, Will and Tim was a hoot. Congrats to both Kurt and Eric Miller for winning your divisions. You guys are both truly world class shooters and ambassadors to the sport. Was also great to see 20+ shooters from MN at the match. Congrats to our own Chris Cazin and Jomar Villamor for their division wins in HTO an HM.
Part of what really made this match memorable didn't even happen on the range. Spending the evenings hangin out at WJ's with the boys (Kurt, Eric, Benny, JK, Tim, Will, Hung, Jake, Austin) was epic. Sitting there listening to Eric, Kurt and Benny tell stories about the old SOF matches was as much a lesson in the history of 3-gun as it was hilarious entertainment.
Oh' and Benny.....if you make it up to MN for the shotgun match, I know of a place that makes great "cackle" :roflol:
Hope to see you all again soon........maybe in Sept even.
Chris Sell

Another big thanks to Ken, Larry, and all the RO's, staff, and military help.

Accuracy was a big factor here.

Stages were not overly complicated or long which kept things moving.

Got to talk with lots of good people.

Good job!

Nick