Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 IRC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

What have you heard Richard? They are making the Bianchi Target a legal target this year. ( The one with the printed rings in black and the blackout 10 or X Ring. At least that is the jest I got for the Web page. Inquiring minds want to know.... Later rdd

What have you heard Richard? They are making the Bianchi Target a legal target this year. ( The one with the printed rings in black and the blackout 10 or X Ring. At least that is the jest I got for the Web page. Inquiring minds want to know.... Later rdd

Hey Bubber. I found the new target was adopted in Cylinders Turn, but haven't seen anything official for its use in Far and Near. I'm using the Carmoney Method of score enhancement. Just wanted to be sure I'm shooting at the right target. I also noted in CT that I'm getting younger! No longer a super senior. Life is great. I'm going back to open this year after two years of shooting limited. I've got a new blaster that shows some promise. I'll see ya there, my red necked friend.

Far and Near Standards will be shot with the traditional par times and will be using the newly approved NRA AP-1 targets (the black circles and blacked out X-zone). However, the overtime shot penalty will still be 10 seconds since my rule change proposal was unanimously rejected.

We are still accepting stage design ideas! Please send us your designs and applications.

Thank you,

Chris Sallee IRC MD

Hey Bubber. ................ I also noted in CT that I'm getting younger! No longer a super senior. Life is great. I'm going back to open this year after two years of shooting limited. I've got a new blaster that shows some promise. I'll see ya there, my red necked friend.

Super Senior was a misnomer for you anyway. It should have been Old guy..me.... and Damn old guy..you :) later rdd

• 1 month later...

Hey guys I am looking into shooting the IRC this year but I've never shot a ICORE match before. I won a entry to the IRC at last years Bianchi cup and I figured it's a sign to try something new. I'm wondering about classifications. Since I've never shot ICORE will I be put into the Unclassifed class and compete against the High Masters???

Also, given the choice to shoot a 4" 6-shot SSR, 6" 6-shot 686 or a giant PPC Model 68, what would be the best for me to use as a first timer? And can I use .38 SWC to compete with?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

D

Y

Hey guys I am looking into shooting the IRC this year but I've never shot a ICORE match before. I won a entry to the IRC at last years Bianchi cup and I figured it's a sign to try something new. I'm wondering about classifications. Since I've never shot ICORE will I be put into the Unclassifed class and compete against the High Masters???

Also, given the choice to shoot a 4" 6-shot SSR, 6" 6-shot 686 or a giant PPC Model 68, what would be the best for me to use as a first timer? And can I use .38 SWC to compete with?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

D

You certainly can shoot unclassified but it just so happens they setup classifiers that you can shoot on Thursday from 8:30 till 3:30. I think you need 4 and that is what they setup.

http://www.icore.org/IRC_2013/2013_IRC_Information_Letter.pdf

When you arrive at registration, tell them you want to shoot the classifier and they will give you directions to the range where they are setup up.

Meangreen -

I'd suggest glancing over the rules. Ammunition must make 120 Power Factor (Bullet weight times velocity). One round out of five tested must pass. Some factory 158 grain bullets are also approved and do not need to pass the chronograph. Semi wadcutters can be used but they are not ideal, reloading is very important to your time and the wider meplat makes loading the SWCs slower than round nose.

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at the Far and Near standards. You need to be able to shoot 6 strong hand 6 weak hand with a reload in 10 seconds. Oh and your 6" 686 is the one to bring, with the 4" as a backup should #1 go down. Reloading skill on the clock is required. So we rarely see wad or semi-wad in our game. They are certainly legal as long as they make 120pf. The penalty for not making power is 360 seconds added to you match score. Read the rulebook. All 6 pages. I will be there. Hit me up if you need more tips.

~when you miss issuing an earned procedural, you just successfully gave it to everyone else.~

It was a fun match. It was a little warmer than normal but still way better weather than back home. I brought 2 friends with me for their first IRC, they are hooked now.

I tried to eat a years worth of fish and chips but I already want some more. It was great seeing friends and shooting.

To all that were involved in making this IRC happen, Great Job! :cheers:

Great match! Thanks to everyone involved! It was great seeing shooters from all over.

Thanks

John

Congratulations, and great shooting John!

Another Limited win! That's 6? (hope I have that right)

Another great IRC. I had the awesome fortune to get to shoot with the very best.

Mike Carmony, Seiichi Ishikawa, Scott Folk, Cliff Walsh, Brian Brockway, Ky-Won Lee, Brian Gonsalvses, Sam Carmony, Ty and Wendy Hamby made up squad 1b.

7 of the 10 of us took home at least one belt buckle. Mike Carmony defined smooth. It was an honor to watch him take 1st Master. Squad 1b even took some stage wins without a single blue shirt, who by the way decided not to support the IRC this year. Ky-Won and Seiichi are amazing shooters. Both Brians showed amazing talent. Cliff was very fun to watch run. Wow! can that boy shoot. Wendy and myself both shot our best IRC ever. Not a single optic on our squad.

When i thought it couldn't get any better. Scott and Maddie Folk opened up their home to a large group from multiple countries. They showed us just a small sample of the kindness and love they and others have for the shooting community. Mike, Cliff and Maddie were an absolute hoot to play cards with till wee hours of the morning. Thank you to the entire ICORE staff, the Hogues and especially Scott and Maddie for their kindness.

FYI...Pole dancing videos may one day surface that will make you forget about any hot tub.Let's all hope not, there are some things can not be unseen.

It was a great match. The stages were challenging, great organization, great people. I knew when I drove up on Thursday that the ROs were shooting well because they SET THE RANGE ON FIRE!!!!!!!

It was a great match. The stages were challenging, great organization, great people. I knew when I drove up on Thursday that the ROs were shooting well because they SET THE RANGE ON FIRE!!!!!!!

I gotta say, hats off to the fire response from the local fire troop. We were just finishing up zero checks on our guns at the public range when someone noticed a fire just past the 100 yd line, it was very small at that point but two minutes later it had covered a couple acres. It was probably less than 10 minutes from the time the phone call went till trucks were there, a bulldozer, two planes and at least 25 guys on foot were there putting it out.