Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 IRC

from facebook:

OK, Here's the sccop from Match Director Chris Sallee:

The 2013 IRC will be held at The Hogue Action Pistol Range in Moro Bay (San Luis Obispo) California. The dates are Thursday May 30 Thru Sunday June 2, the usual format. There will be 12 stages. Check here and the ICORE.org site for updates.

looks like Kalifornia again....

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!

Was so hoping it would be the weekend AFTER Bianchi! OK, preparations must be made . . . . . :D

If I'm gunna fly to the otherside of the world I might as well stay the extra weekend & shoot the IRC!

Jimbo

If I have to choose it will be Nationals. I think that we need to support the inaugural match. The future of the division might be riding on it.

If I don't choose the Nationals will my puppy die, too?

I will shoot my Area match the following weekend and the IRC which I know will be worth the time and money rather than a match designed so someone can shoot the single stack and revolver nationals the same week close to their house.

$200 for a one day match at PASA is not worth it. If the future of the division is going to be decided by something as weak as

the turnout to a match like this, maybe it should go.

I wish your puppy a long and happy life. While your puppy's life is mainly dependent on your actions the future of the USPSA revolver division depends on the entire revolver shooting fraternity. I agree that if the turnout is weak, then the division should go. I'll shoot a little ICORE every once in a while and go back to my bottom feeders for USPSA shooting. I apologize for highjacking this thread. We should be celebrating another IRC. :cheers:

If I have to choose it will be Nationals. I think that we need to support the inaugural match. The future of the division might be riding on it.

I will shoot my Area match the following weekend and the IRC which I know will be worth the time and money rather than a match designed so someone can shoot the single stack and revolver nationals the same week close to their house.

$200 for a one day match at PASA is not worth it. If the future of the division is going to be decided by something as weak as

Underlug, you haven't bothered to show up the past few years to a 3-day USPSA Revolver Nationals event which was located in the western part of the U.S., so it would appear that moving the match to Illinois would not affect your shooting schedule anyway.

Underlug, you haven't bothered to show up the past few years to a 3-day USPSA Revolver Nationals event which was located in the western part of the U.S., so it would appear that moving the match to Illinois would not affect your shooting schedule anyway.

I missed the IRC and my Area match this year, too. Heart attack and a complication with my left hand. A couple of previous MIs and failure on the wait list also were involved.

The one I really regret not going to is Memphis which illustrates that a serious stand alone match is viable

I'll be back. Enjoy your week of shooting bliss. I might change my mind if I could do both. too

Edited by underlug

So excited it is still in California. So glad I get to shoot it again. Thanks for keeping it in the most beautiful range in the most beautiful oceanside city.

I'm with Ty! Very Happy I can still drive to match! If you haven't been to the Hogue Range, it's worth the trip! Great range, great staff and a great area to stay!

I am going to try to make the USPSA nationals and to the S&W Winter IDPA Nationals (shooting ESR) as well. I want to support revolver matches whenever I can, just not sure how many times a year I can fly back and forth across the country. Harley sales aren't what they once were!

Anyone need a new Harley? rolleyes.gif

Well now that I can at least jog even if I can't run I will definately be at the Revolver Nationals. It is only half way around the world for me. I am going to try to go all the way around the world and make the IRC also. My wife has moved her office to the house. She will probably contribute if I promise to stay gone for 2-3 weeks. I don't know why she gets upset when I ask her to stop working and fix my lunch. Seems quite reasonable to me.

With all these Carmonized revolvers I own I need to go to every revolver match there is.

• 3 weeks later...

Straight off of the ICORE Facebook page.

Chris Sallee is IRC Match Director, Jim Chapman is Range Master.

Near & Far will be shot at the IRC with Par times, overtime shots will receive a 6 second penalty.

I dont remember? what were the overshot penalties last year?

Last year as in 2012, yes, it was par time with overtime penalties. I observed lots of people getting slaughtered by it...

We wanted to continue the Far and Near Standards tradition, but we also wanted to reduce the overtime shot penalty. A six second penalty rather than a 10 second penalty should reduce some of the stress associated with the stage and still maintain the tradition of a great stage following ICORE rules about par time stages. The rules were clarified at last night's ICORE board meeting to define an overtime shot as a shot occurring .31 seconds after the par time has ended.

We wanted to continue the Far and Near Standards tradition, but we also wanted to reduce the overtime shot penalty. A six second penalty rather than a 10 second penalty should reduce some of the stress associated with the stage and still maintain the tradition of a great stage following ICORE rules about par time stages. The rules were clarified at last night's ICORE board meeting to define an overtime shot as a shot occurring .31 seconds after the par time has ended.

Looking forward to it. I hope the .31sec ot allowance and 6 second penalty will help those that dont like the par. I prefer the par. And practice the crap out of the 2, 10 second strings.

Looking forward to it. I hope the .31sec ot allowance and 6 second penalty will help those that dont like the par. I prefer the par. And practice the crap out of the 2, 10 second strings.

6 seconds is easily enough to move you a position or several positions in the overalls.

The OT was .30 last year. I don't know that an extra .01 is meaningful, but more is better.

.31 is the duration of the beep presumably, so as long as the timer records the shot before the par beep ends, you are good.

6 seconds is easily enough to move you a position or several positions in the overalls.

The OT was .30 last year. I don't know that an extra .01 is meaningful, but more is better.

.31 is the duration of the beep presumably, so as long as the timer records the shot before the par beep ends, you are good.

Thanks, I thought the OT limit was .20 last year. You are right .01 is not much of a change. The 6 seconds may help some that go over. Not me though... I will not go overtime. God willing I will start breathing prior to the second beep. Those 2 reloads in the N&F are the two most important reloads of the entire match.