Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Strikers

Jromanowski

I Built a glock 24, I still need to purchase a striker for it. I have heard good things about the Jager strikers, but I can't seem to find them. What is everybody using? Are there any that I should stay away from? Do the aftermarket strikers really make a difference?

Aftermarket strikers allow you you use a lighter striker springs and still have reliable ignition. Don't know what you were going to do with your trigger. I sent an e mail to jaeger about 2 weeks ago and they told me 6 weeks until they are back in stock

I Built a glock 24, I still need to purchase a striker for it. I have heard good things about the Jager strikers, but I can't seem to find them. What is everybody using? Are there any that I should stay away from? Do the aftermarket strikers really make a difference?

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Glockworx-ZT-V4-Skeletonized-Striker-9mm-40-SW-357-Sig-P2002.aspx

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Jager-Ultra-Light-Striker-9mm-357-40-SW-P1798.aspx

I bought a used titanium striker off the classifieds. Can't remember the brand. I ran it with a Zev spring kit. It ran good with Fed sp primers. I ran out of pistol primers and had problems finding more so I switched to rifle. My gun started to getting light strikes after that. I ended up putting the stock stuff back in.

I use Lightning Strike lightened steel strikers in both my G17 and G34. And I use Wolf reduced power striker springs.

Both guns run with CCI and Winchester primers (if you make sure they are seated correctly).

I have used the Lightning strike and the Jager. Neither of my Glocks would fire with the LS installed, and with the Jager caused a crunchy terrible pull.

I'm not sure what I was searching for by buying either of them anyway, I never have light strikes.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a used titanium striker off the classifieds. Can't remember the brand. I ran it with a Zev spring kit. It ran good with Fed sp primers. I ran out of pistol primers and had problems finding more so I switched to rifle. My gun started to getting light strikes after that. I ended up putting the stock stuff back in.

SR have harder cups.

I have found that with the exception of Winchester Win-clean and some obscure variant of "Green" Fiocchi, all of the primer cups are all most the same hardness, it is the priming compound that is more or less sensitive to ignition impact from the striker.

with that being said all Glock strikers are not created equal.

stock strikers: stainless steel and last forever, or until the tip breaks off.

Aftermarket exotic metals: Titanium, high dollar and cool especially when coated with pretty colors, the pretty colors (Like Gold TiN will render a slightly harder surface. but titanium is not the preferred metal to be hit by a stainless trigger bar repeatedly, coated or not. yes you will get a faster lock up, but if your loosing the match and a trip to the prize table by .0001 sec . . . man up cupcake and practice some more. the down side of Titanium is that I have found it just does not last as long as the price i paid should work out, most of the time the tip of the striker will start to chip and then it's a trip to intermittent light strike land.

Aftermarket Steels: as long as the tolerances are meet these work reliably for a long time.

Lightened Aftermarket Steels: again as long as the tolerances are meet these will work very well, you need to make sure that the "Leg" of the striker is a minimum of .440, any shorter and you have a wonderful light trigger that most likely will go full auto,

The Glockworx has a slightly longer tip so that a lighter striker spring will work reliably with the widest variety of primers on the market,

that is you free advice for the day, let the flame wars begin

I use stock strikers. For years I thought Titanium, and any kind of a lightened striker was the way to go. The titanium strikers started to chip on the tip causing missfires, and they were really expensive. Then I started lightening my stock strikers. In the end I went back to an unpolished stock striker with a 4lb Wolf striker spring and have had my best luck doing so. Stock strikers are pretty expensive now but Glock armorers can buy them for 30 dollars, anywhere else they are in the 45 to 50 range. Lately I have been seeing a lot of chipped tips on stock strikers too. I don't know if they're too brittle or what, but I have been replacing a lot of them lately. Hope this helps.

I recieved my replacement generation/version 3 of the Lone Wolf Distributors strikers. They seem to be a little more stout than the previous two versions. Feel is still nice and crisp. I have close to 500 rounds with no issues. I do hope that this is a permanent fix and that there are no more issues. We will see! Hopefully third time is the charm here.

McGlock

www.customglockshooters.com