Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How far do you drive to your range?

DonovanM

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drive about 25 min -30 min to get the range, although its not that bad of a drive, sometimes I hesistate just thinking about the drive. But once I drag my lazy butt of the couch its never as bad as it seems.

Biz

I would go to the awesome range unless I was just trying to chrono a load or doing a single drill. It is kind of like the old saying, "Life is too short to drink cheap booze." In the back of your mind, you will always know you are shooting at a crappy range and that excuse will forever hang in the back of your subconscious. I currently drive 30 minutes to my range. Shoot drills twice a week and matches twice a month.

Indoors-- 40 minutes, typically twice a week, 300 round average session.

Outdoors-- 1:15, once a week without fail, 600 round average session.

I'd kill to be one of the guys who could step off his back porch or ride out a bit onto his property and shoot. And if I never pull the handle on a press again... my dreams would come true. :lol:

MY practice area. About 5 min on a four wheeler. I've got target stands, barrels, picnic table, bianchi barricade, 3 8" steel target stands, 100 yard 10 inch plate. Just finished up a bobber target. And need a few posts to make my clothes line mover complete.

It's about a 15 mile drive to and Idpa range.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have to drive an hour to get to the range to shoot my pistol.

I have an awesome gravel pit 500 yards from my house (I shoot rifle there) and a great place a few steps from my farm house with 140 acres yard but Canadian gun laws don't permit me to shoot anywhere but an "approved" range with my pistol. It is legal for me to throw either door open and start blasting with my .300 win mag though....walks away frustrated shaking head.

I just signed up for a range about 40 minutes away. It has pistol bays and an 80 yard rifle range but the best part is you get a code for the lock on the gate and then you're on your own. No checking in, no RO's, rarely anyone there. Well worth the drive and $14 a month.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's what's killing me right now. I used to have a range about fifteen minutes away. I was even be able to visit it in the middle of a work day and my boss didn't mind. I was practicing twice a week and matches every month. I've changed jobs and moved, and now I am lucky when I get to a match!

There are many times I wish I didn't make that change...

Its literally a 1 minute drive to my indoor range, 30 min to the outdoor range where i shoot uspsa, and about 40 min to my buddies house in the hills where we occaisional shoot clays and random targets of our own design. Needless to say the close pistol range gets the most visits.

Id say go for the awesome range if u already have to drive a little anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Closest outdoor range is about 5 minutes away but they get mad at you for breaking double taps that aren't 2 seconds appart. Indoor range is about 20 minutes away for pistol and pistol caliber carbine practice and our better outdoor range is about 1 hour away in a different state.

Ive got a 3 mile drive to my range, and its only $25 a year with a steak dinner at the christmas party. I wish they had more than 100 yard range, but its still a great deal for what we get.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2