• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks a lot guys, very kind of you.

I love this pistol.

Well, to be honest, I love all my pistols. :blush:

This one is not the most accurate, but it is good enough to hold the nine on the ISSF-plate from 25 meters, and that´s ok for IPSC.

But it runs without any malfunction and it´s a beauty.

:wub:

Here is my TS. I replaced the front sight with a CZCustom fiber optic, lowered the rear sight, CZCustom aluminum trigger, full frame reduction, reduced the wooden grips, and refinished in DuraCoat FDE.

That looks like a really nicely done grip reduction. It looks like it could have been that way from the factory. Any tips for the rest of us planning on doing one ourselves soon?

Here is my TS. I replaced the front sight with a CZCustom fiber optic, lowered the rear sight, CZCustom aluminum trigger, full frame reduction, reduced the wooden grips, and refinished in DuraCoat FDE.

Looks good. How did you lower the rear sight, mill it down and recut the notch?

Wow, that looks great Trigger! I like the grip reduction and duracoat, very nice.

very nice. man I wish CZ would make nice deep widely spaced serrations like that on the shadow slides. The current thin narrow ones suck and I hate that the rear serrations are different from the front. it's one thing that really makes the gun look a bit unco...

Just need to put it back together.

54e50f0a-f9ef-415c-b09d-33d6ec062029.jpg

I can't wait to see that one all put back together too! How does the balance feel now with that much of the dust cover chopped, I am planning on doing about the same on mine. You may wait to answer till its all back together, I guess pesky parts like barrels and trigger groups do add a little weight...

Just need to put it back together.

54e50f0a-f9ef-415c-b09d-33d6ec062029.jpg

I can't wait to see that one all put back together too! How does the balance feel now with that much of the dust cover chopped, I am planning on doing about the same on mine. You may wait to answer till its all back together, I guess pesky parts like barrels and trigger groups do add a little weight...

I am guessing that the frame was shortened right upon to the SN. I saw Matt's shop did one similar but with an angle taken off under the SN http://automaticaccuracy.net/?wpsc-product=deposits-for-all-automatic-accuracy-pistols

So how's much goes it cost to get CZC to cut it to CTS length and move the SN?

Yes, that's up to the sn. Just before the dust cover gets thin. Im not sure how it'd look with a big gap there between the slide and dustcover.

I couldn't really tell much difference in the balance. I cut it for cosmetic reasons as much as anything. I bet cut back like the CTS it would have a different feel.

Edited by SDM

I am guessing that the frame was shortened right upon to the SN. I saw Matt's shop did one similar but with an angle taken off under the SN http://automaticaccuracy.net/?wpsc-product=deposits-for-all-automatic-accuracy-pistols

So how's much goes it cost to get CZC to cut it to CTS length and move the SN?

That frame cut is the link is very similar to what I plan to do, but I want to make the angled cut parallel to the cooking serrations. Anyone ever seen one like that?

I want to make the angled cut parallel to the cooking serrations. Anyone ever seen one like that?

I have the same thing in mind for when I get around to it: 11 degrees (pretty sure...) and flat on the front. Mine will also have a portless comp to extend the sight radius and create a "sight tracker" effect.

Just got this put back together. Thanks to Canyon Creek for welding a piece of metal for the safety extension, Cheely Custom for machining the slide, CZ Custom for the bushing and Yousef and IonBond for the coating.

0a5b33c9-eabf-4df0-834b-c17cd510f916_zps

czts_022_zpsb520982b.jpg

czts_039_zpsf46a6107.jpg

czts_034_zpsb92200bc.jpg

Edited by huskerlrrp

Wow! Tell us about the checkering on the back strap, was it recut?

After the grip reduction I did it with a hand checkering file. Wanted to do the front too, but didn't have an offset file. Regardless, it was a pain in the butt. Apparently, the frames are made in an investment cast process, so they are hard as heck.