Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Since most of us pack our luches to local matches I wanna know who is the sandwich grand master. :D

Ya know it's not actually cooking so I am immune to flames. More like putting together a puzzle or slapping it together....hahah i like that one!

I once heard that avocados are the food of the gods...err or was that chocalate.

When I wake up late it gonna be hotdogs.

Well, here's my dream sandwich.

Dutch crunch or sour dough, dry salami with honey turkey or roast beef.

Of course the usual mayo with any spicy stone ground mustard. Maybe some red onions depending on who I gotta see later on. Cheese can't forget the cheese! Swiss with the roast beef or provalone with the honey turkey. And last but not least, at least half of an avocado. Imma go make a sandwich right now! :)

The best sandwiches at matches are free and made by someone else.  :D

I agree. That's why the 3-gun matches that my club in Austin hosts provide free lunch at each match. B)

And if there's leftovers, they're provided free to the shooters at the next monthly pistol match.

So... Look for free snacks at this Saturday's IPSC match (14 August 2004) :)

-Chet

I may not shoot well, but I know how to eat! and I usually bring one for my shooting partner.

Feta, garlic and chive spread

Smoked turkey and or ham

Lettuce and chopped tomatos

pinch of salt and pepper

shredded chedder cheese

wrap it all up in a flour tortilla

Easy to eat on the range, takes up only a little space in the cooler

down the road there is a joint called Reggie's Deli and Bakery who make, IMO, the greatest sandwich on the planet: The Grilled Chicken Club

grilled chicken breast

bacon

tomato

green leaf lettuce

havarti cheese

dijonaise

grilled between two thick pieces of homemade sourdough

it is definately a 10 on a 10 napkin scale!!!

I have traveled far and wide, and consider myself an above-average cook myself, but nothing, nothing compares to this sandwich.

A well-executed Peanut Butter & Jelly with high-end components is very hard to beat.

The variations add variety.

Toasted or not

Squishy white bread or whole grain

crunchy or smooth

various jelly and jam options

etc.

A very good breakfast before the local match should last for the shooting session... maybe bring some jerky or a power bar. Then after the match go with the shooting buddies for wings and beer!!

There's my recipe for you! ;)

The only time you don't use Dukes as mayo is when live in a place that doesn't sell Dukes. Once you try it you'll have a steady supply shipped to your house, preferably with some Rutgers tomatoes when in season.

Foccacia bread

hard dry salami (lots of it)

honey ham (lots of it)

provolone or good swiss (not the processed crap)

red onions

pepperoncini

Romaine lettuce

vinegar and oil

salt and pepper

Leave on front seat of truck until around noon so it is nice and warm (this is a summer sandwich...winter calls for pastrami and/or roast beef)

Local micro bakery makes foccacia rolls. About the size of a large hamburger bun. Perfect for sandwiches.

Damn. Just ate dinner a bit ago and now I am hungry again.

Vegemite.

I have tasted Vegemite.

I was not impressed.

Okay, I was disgusted. It reminded me to the crud I have to clean out of the bottom of my fermenters after brewing beer...no, wait, that's what it IS! :wacko::blink: