Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Ohio State Match

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks to ALL of the people who made this huge endeavour run -- all of the volunteers from the host club who helped construct, then helped clean up; to the club's current and past President (and wife) who were there every minute helping with supply runs and ensuring that lunch happened.

Special salute to "Mrs Sarge" whose home and schedule has been taken over by this match for the past year, and who was on-range the entire weekend ensuring that all of the Clubhouse functions kept running.

Thanks to all of the new C/RO's, graduates of classes earlier this spring, who stepped up and ensured that this mission got completed. Thanks to the helpers at Stats & Chrono -- girlfriends of RO's who got 'drafted' and performed their tasks admirably. Thanks to all of the staff who kept going when you might rather have sat down.

This was a year of firsts -- Sarge as MD, Larry in Stats. OUTSTANDING job (with a very steep learning curve), gentlemen!

Thanks to all of the sponsors for their tremendous and overwhelming generosity [if you won something, please send a thank-you email].

Thanks to all the shooters who came cross-country, and across international borders, to join us. We recognize that gas, and ammo, isn't cheap.

The most amazing thing is that, by Friday, we were all talking about doing it again next year ...

Great weekend, proud and thankful to be part of it.

Fran (the RM 'Padawan')

A big thanks goes out to Kevin and the RO'S and everyone else that help put on this match! Me and the guys from WV had a blast the stages were great and it ran very smoothly, Can't wait for next year!!!!!!

Congratulations on a job well done! :cheers:

Thank you to the shooters...made being an R.O. awesome. Great match. Thanks Kevin.

"The Dave". :-)

I tried extra hard not to hit the "facade".

Thanks for the comic relief. It was a treat towards the end of a long day.

Edited by robb315

Also want to say thanks to MD, match crew, helpers and match sponsors for a great match!

It was good to see many old friends again and I am looking forward for the next year. It totally worth 7 hours drive from Canada. :)

I would just like to thank all who made this match possible. This was the first major match for my son and I and we had a blast. Awesome match. He started talking about next year as soon as he got up this morning.

Again, thanks to all who gave their time.

Scott and Dean P

I would just like to thank all who made this match possible. This was the first major match for my son and I and we had a blast. Awesome match. He started talking about next year as soon as he got up this morning.

Again, thanks to all who gave their time.

Scott and Dean P

You guys shot great and your son did awesome! Was glad to have a great squad including you guys.

Thanks everybody WE ALL truly appreciate the kind words. Much more will follow in the coming days such as reaching out to thank our sponsors, thanking everybody who helped in even the smallest way, congratulating all the top performers, etc. Right now though I need to get a few important notes out to everybody.

I have been contacted regarding a missing gun. It was left at or near the chrono stage in a green zippered pistol bag. Please check all of your bags, carts, trunks, truck beds, campers, etc..

PLEASE take a few minutes to look so we can possibly have a happy ending to this story.

Speaking of happy endings! I was contacted a few weeks ago by a gentleman who had received very unpleasant medical news which required him to miss the match for testing and a possible procedure. I was informed by one of his shooting buddies at the match that he received very good news from the shooter that the testing all came back clean and he will be fine.

Please enjoy your Memorial Day and unwind a little. I know I will! :yawn: But please remember our military and their families on this most special of days. THEY made our match possible. :bow:

Big thanks to the staff, RO's and behind the scenes folks that put this match on.

Glad I was able to make it

performance wise I will take it, do wish I could have hit those poppers sho on stage 2.....

2nd match this year shooting limited so overall I was pleased with 13th

Edited by JakeMartens

Thanks to MRPC & crew for hosting another state match, Paul Hernandez, Kevin & Kay, Larry, Mary C/ROs and other volunteers for the geat long weekend. It was great to see friends, fellow shooters and couple of my stage designs in action.

I'll make sure one of the sponsors, Kames Sports of North Canton, Ohio gets a good thank you and a picture of their stage.

Jeff

Thank you to the shooters...made being an R.O. awesome. Great match. Thanks Kevin.

"The Dave". :-)

I tried extra hard not to hit the "facade".

Thanks for the comic relief. It was a treat towards the end of a long day.

LOL, sadly I did. That was quite funny.

This was my first large match and I wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped put it on. While my finish wasn't the best, I had a great time and will be back. Going to try to get my RO certification and help out next year.

Was there a photographer at the match like years past and if so where can those photos be found?

Unfortunately no. I had one lined up all year ,so I thought. They backed out at the last minute. If I do this next year I will get a signed contract.