Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Ohio State Match

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since the squads started with 100, 200 etc..., will squad 201 start on bay 1 with 200 going to chrono or will squad 200 starting on bay 1?

100, 200, 300 will start on Chrono. 01 stage one, 02 stage two, etc

I know I'm lagging a little but man there is a lot to try to do in the last week or so before the match. I have a matrix of start time, lunch time, etc from the RM. I will try to get it posted here and put on the website, and try to get it emailed to all shooters.

I'll try to get the get the WSB's posted as well. Maybe that will answer some questions looming out there. Such as the questions about stage one. The RM answered that earlier.

Shirts are supposed to be here Friday. I'll try to post a picture for a sneak peek.

Looks like we stabilized at around 310ish

Other than that please feel free to ask any questions either here or in an email sandfam7300@gmail.com

Thanks everybody

Count Of Class Division
Class Limited Limited 10 Open Production Revolver Single Stack Grand Total
A 11 8 8 1 2 30
B 24 6 20 27 4 5 86
C 28 1 20 33 1 22 105
D 6 3 2 9 2 22
GM 3 3 2 1 9
M 4 9 4 1 1 19
U 10 6 7 12 1 2 38

Grand Total 309

This will be my first year shooting your match. If the match runs as good as the information about the match has it will be great. I can't remember having the WSB's a week before the match. The stages were posted very early and look very cool. I can't wait!

You are right Chris. I noticed that yesterday. It will get fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

I think we squadded you with 10 brand new shooters so you could help them out buddy. lol

Thanks, we'll get it fixed

Self-Squadding page is blank ..... doesn't show anything ......

Can't tell what squad we're on ... where we start ... or who else is on our squads. :blink:

It's a surprise! You know the drill.

Kevin,

How will the Chrono stage go? This is my first match and I don't like surprises. I heard from people that sometimes the RO randomly picks the rounds out of the shooters bag and sometimes the shooter hands the RO the rounds he wants checked. Please let me know how this will be done. I hate to load up all my mags if I have to empty them out so that the RO can pick his/her bullets. I also wasn't planning on carrying 500 rounds in my range back from one end of the earth to the other. I figured I would bring a few hundred and then go back to my car at lunch or when I got low. Long days are even longer when you are carrying around an extra 20 lbs of bullets. Thanks,Craig

Chrono ammo will be collected at your first stage. You won't need 500 rounds since only 7 are collected for chrono.

So they will just pick 7 rounds from my ammo that I bring? Does that mean I can go back to my car later in the day to get more ammo.or must I bring all of it for them to get their sample?

Actually, you need to place 8 rounds in the baggie provided along with a sticker with the backing still on. If they follow standard procedure.

However, the Chrono Officer can ask for 8 rounds from the magazines on your belt when you come to chrono as well. He does not have to use the 8 rounds you supplied on the first stage. Chrono guys just hate it when you grab ammo from a box marked "DANGER CHRONO ONLY!!!". :devil: See Appendix C2 in the current rulebook for a complete desription of the chrono procedure, but here is the pertinent part for you:

Competitor Ammunition Collection and Storage

28. An initial sample of eight rounds of ammunition will be collected from each

competitor at a time and place determined by Match Officials. Match

Officials may require that a competitor’s ammunition be retested at any time

during the match and may collect further samples as necessary.

29. It is recommended that ammunition be collected from competitors as randomly

as is possible to insure that the collected ammunition accurately

matches the ammunition the competitor is actually using in competition.

30. Collected ammunition must be clearly labeled with the competitor’s identity.

31. Collected ammunition must be stored in a shaded location, out of the direct

effects of the sun. When stored overnight, collected ammunition must be

stored indoors at normal room temperature.

And yes, you can go back to your car at lunch and get more ammo.

Bud

Chrono ammo will be collected at your first stage. You won't need 500 rounds since only 7 are collected for chrono.

So they will just pick 7 rounds from my ammo that I bring? Does that mean I can go back to my car later in the day to get more ammo.or must I bring all of it for them to get their sample?

You can go to your car all you want. The ammo collection is more of an honor thing. Not sure how the RM will instruct our RO's but every match I have been to simply asks for your ammo and a label to drop into a supplied baggie. It goes to chrono where they break a round down and weigh the bullet. It's not too complex of a procedure really. I don't see any reason for the Ohio to be any different.

Don't forget, the chrono guy usually sets up a billboard with all kinds of little statistics. Hi PF, Low PF, closest to PF floor, etc. It's usually interesting reading until you show up on it.

The board of despair. Don't sweat chrono...like its been said, it's a honor thing. Just grab 8 of whatever yer shooting and put it in bag provided. Then, and this is important, pray. Lol.