Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Razor 1-6 HD Gen II

AlamoShooter

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vortex also has there name on the MGM which you might be able to find easier. I didn't think I would like the long arm on the MGM but after I got the scope I'm glad I got the MGM because mine is really hard to adjust so the extra leverage is a blessing.

Those that are running a 200 yard zero, what are you using for a 7-10 yard hold?

Its the same at 7 to 10 yards pretty much with any zero. Hold 2.5 inches high due to bore off set.

Pat

What he said.

Never thought about it but shots that close will be fast and it will be faster to put that red dot at the top of the scoring ring and pull the trigger. Looking for the lines will slow you down.

After thinking about it, that makes a lot of sense. I run an eotech on my other rifle and the 65 moa outer ring works perfect for those shots. I will just have to practice with the new setup/rifle.

Never thought about it but shots that close will be fast and it will be faster to put that red dot at the top of the scoring ring and pull the trigger. Looking for the lines will slow you down.

Just wanted to thank everyone who has posted in this topic. While I was deployed I searched and searched for the perfect 3gun optic and chose the Vortex based off of this thread. It saved me some serious cash vs. the Swaro and having seen and used both now I’m glad I went the way of the Vortex. Phenomenal optic and just purchased another for my wife’s rifle. Omar at Southern Guns was very helpful and for those looking he has 40 more coming in August!

My only minor complaint is even with the MGM Switchview the magnification is a bit stiff when switching powers. Anybody have a fix or is that just the way it is?

• 2 weeks later...

The ring is stiff even after a year. But I don't notice it as a problem any more. I have the MGM lever clocked with the leaver at the * O clock position for 1X . I catch it open handed in the web between my thumb and finger to push it up and over for 6X. I roll the gun just a bit to the left with my right hand as I push the throw ring over with my open left hand.

The 3 Gun Stuff ring is fine if you like to hook it with just your finger or thrumb

Edited by AlamoShooter

• 2 weeks later...

The ring is stiff even after a year. But I don't notice it as a problem any more. I have the MGM lever clocked with the leaver at the * O clock position for 1X . I catch it open handed in the web between my thumb and finger to push it up and over for 6X. I roll the gun just a bit to the left with my right hand as I push the throw ring over with my open left hand.

The 3 Gun Stuff ring is fine if you like to hook it with just your finger or thrumb

Are the Vortex and the MGM throw levers the same? If not, anyone know the length of both of them?

• 3 weeks later...

FedEx called, mine should arrive today. Thanks Omar!

And thanks to MGM for the Switchviews they're supplying to all the shooters at Montana Multi-Gun next weekend

How far forward are people mounting this scope.

AlamoShooter's looks like the eye-piece is about 1/2 forward of the charging handle

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=157295&page=2#entry1770201