Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Razor 1-6 HD Gen II

AlamoShooter

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To help some I finally got to take some through the scope pics of the Vortex 1-6x with the JM-1 reticle. Again I will give my usual PSA that I am not good at through the scope pics and these are more to show the reticle for both hold over marks and the center red dot as I can't really get a good picture of the whole FOV especially at 1x as it's large.

Pics of the neighbor's house again at about 75 yards. Need to laser their house so i know for sure but around 75 yards is a good guess.

1x
DSCN2069_zps32a96c03.jpg

1x at a telephone poll at about 10 yards. Curtain is blocking right of picture.
DSCN2070_zps995ddf8a.jpg

6x
DSCN2068_zpse2d1197a.jpg

Edited by Rob01

Just looked through a Vortex 1-6x at today's match at some 200 yds targets. Set at 4x it is way brighter, way wider field of view and the JM reticle was easy to see without getting in the way than my 1-4x MTAC. I was amazed how much clearer the scope was. I do know I'm comparing a $400 to a $1400 scope. I'm in on a Vortex!

Does the power ring ever get easier to move? Mine is very stiff.

:cheers:

Mine hasn't but I wouldn't say it's "very" stiff either.
That's how I would describe mine too. Some have spent them back to the factory to get them loosened up. Edited by alma

Mine hasn't but I wouldn't say it's "very" stiff either.
That's how I would describe mine too. Some have spent them back to the factory to get them loosened up.

A Switchview lever definitely helps with the stiffness but one can also send it back to Vortex to have it loosened as previously stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I am getting ready to plunk down the money for this scope, but just can't figure out which reticle to get between:

JM-1

MOA

MRAD

Anyone have any thoughts on which would be best for the 3 gun game? Have any of you bought one of the above and been disappointed or have buyers remorse wishing you had gotten another reticle? Are the reticles other than the JM-1 too 'busy' for the quick determinations and shots we need to make, don't get in the way when hosing up close? Anyone know where the best prices can be found?

Thanks for your feedback!

In my opinion, for 3 gun, the JM-1 is the way to go. Its easy to use. Hashes line up perfectly in my guns with XM193 or equivalent (changes a little different loads). However, I'm not a "rifle" shooter really. I need a pretty stupid proof reticle, and the JM-1 is it. If you are a rifle guy though, and are familiar with MOA or Mils, then the other reticles may work.

Hey guys, I am getting ready to plunk down the money for this scope, but just can't figure out which reticle to get between:

JM-1

MOA

MRAD

Anyone have any thoughts on which would be best for the 3 gun game? Have any of you bought one of the above and been disappointed or have buyers remorse wishing you had gotten another reticle? Are the reticles other than the JM-1 too 'busy' for the quick determinations and shots we need to make, don't get in the way when hosing up close? Anyone know where the best prices can be found?

The JM-1 isn't busy, if you think it is, the others will have you nuts counting down the lines to where you think is the right one.

JM-1

MOA

MRAD

Most definitely the JM-1. The others are for tactical applications or for use on rifles chambered in calibers other than 5.56/.223

JM-1

MOA

MRAD

To your final question regarding financial issues, I'd encourage you to call or otherwise directly contact our Forum Dealer, Southern Guns LLC. My simple solution for buying anything Vortex is to call them. I don't think I'm alone in that either.

JM-1

MOA

MRAD

To your final question regarding financial issues, I'd encourage you to call or otherwise directly contact our Forum Dealer, Southern Guns LLC. My simple solution for buying anything Vortex is to call them. I don't think I'm alone in that either.

+1!

Pat

JM-1

MOA

MRAD

My opinion seems to vary from the others but for what I mostly shoot (factory .223/5.56 that's not hot like XM193) I found the VMR-2 MRAD reticle hashes to best match what I shoot out to 400 yards. After that it's a little more work but pretty doable. The reticle is for sure more busy than the JM-1 with the wind hashes but if you ever need'm they are there.

My advice, chrono your loads and download Strelok+ to see which best works for you. +1 to Southern Guns.

Edited by mngunguy

I received my new Razor today from FedEx.

First Impressions:

Holy cow guys, you were not overselling this scope! Very clear glass, nice fine hash marks and crosshair. Going to 6 power really makes my old 4 power seem,,,inadequate!

The biggest thing I noticed was how bright the red dot was when at it's brightest levels. I am not over exaggerating when I say that the dot is brighter than an Aimpoint Pro. I hope that is not just a new battery and it stays that way.

Looking forward to zeroing and using at some matches!

Also, BIG +1 on Southern Guns whom I bought this from. Very nice to work with, great customer service all the way from the friendly staff I talked to on the phone, to the quick and free shipment!

Ok, 2nd impression.

I mounted the scope onto the rifle and looking through it, what the scope lists as 1x seemed more like .75x. As in the targets I have on my wall for dry fire seemed smaller through the scope on "1x" than they did through my other eye. When I put it close to 1.5x they seem to size up correctly. Has anyone else noticed this or should I book an appointment with my ophthalmologist pronto? :surprise:

ETA:

Nevermind, I need to make a booking with my proctologist so I can have my head removed from my rear end :o , once I adjusted the diopter it brought everything right together.

Edited by Fathead302