Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Razor 1-6 HD Gen II

AlamoShooter

Jerry M has been shooting the 1-6 in open class and he got an overall win at BRM3G nudging out Daniel for HOA in combined classes.

Pro's frequently shoot what they are payed to shoot and Jerry could win just as easily with a BSA, so I don't put any stock in what the pro's use.

That said, I have been lusting after a z6i for a long time but it is just too expensive. This Vortex is at the level of pain that I can deal with, but my only reservation is that the reticle looks too fine. Hopefully I won't get an opportunity to look through one and blow a wad of cash.money.

Well <_< That would be one effective way not to catch the Fever .....Just don't look through one, & don't look at the smile on the face of a shooter after he uses one. and Don't listen to happy remarks on how they could see the bullet hit the target way before the RO Call "Hit". so If you see no Vortex and hear no Vortex , And you can keep from speaking that you Want one. === You may be OK and not catch the Fever. And your unhappy cash will stay in your pocket. B)

Good Luck with That.

I personally did not think that I would ever let go of the 1-4 FFP Razor with its fantastic reticle for ranging. But having the 1-6 in my hands and on the gun won me over big time. The drop bars are only hard to see at 600 yards = you have to pay attention and I don't think thats a bad thing for a 600 yard shot. But on 10" plates at 400 to 525 the reticle is near perfect

Edited by AlamoShooter

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had one, get the 3" for versatility

I have both mounts and put my 1-6 on the 2" mounted to last notch in the upper. I just liked the way the 2" looked better balanced in it, and I don't put my nose on the charge handle so the ER worked fine.

But 3" would be the most -versatile

I have not had my hands on a Mark 6 - so no help from me. But most shooters I found that are drawn to the V1-6 like the bright fast center red dot and the M6 does not have that. The M6 is FFP and the Vortex 1-6 is SFP

I don't think the scopes are comparable. If you wanted a FFP scope it won't be available from Vortex in the 1-6 for over a year from what I heard any way.

I still love the Vortex1-4 in the FFP , and if I was to shoot a team event ware I hade to range targets at unknown distance on the clock I would use it over the 1-6 in SFP.

• 2 months later...

My 14yr old worked, traded and saved since these came out and finally got his last week. He shot it yesterday in it's first match. Nothing but smiles since. We had a long range stage with La Rues from 320 to 500 and a 20+ head wind, he got 3 of the 4. It took him a little bit to get on on the clock but after the match he shot it again and was pinging them, he could hit the 500 as soon as it came back up! Talk about an equalizer, especially for a kid who ran an Eotech last year.

ok, just got back from the range for the 1st time with this beast. awesome scope. bore sighted it on neighbor's forehead across the street before i left. shot 3 rounds at 100 and was real close. couple clicks and it's dead at 100. dialed in the estimated drop at 200 and set target to 200...minor adjustment and the 200 zero is on. zero the turrets and set a target at 300. fire 5 shots, walk down range and WTF? nice group, about 7" low. idiot! realized i used the dot for 300...gay. go back and try again at 300 using the first tree. back down range and i am friggin' done. nice sub moa group dead on at 300. after that, it was too easy at 360 and 410 yds on a flasher. tried a 2' x 3' rectangle up a hill at 560 yds...first shot money. quit for the day.

glass is clear...real clear-acog clear. field of view a joke. at 300 yds i can see tons of stuff . so used to 3.5x that i was in shock seeing hits on a flasher at 350+. going to a 3 gun match sunday to put it thru it's paces on the clock.

at 58, my eyes are not like they once were and now i can honestly see wtf i'm shooting at beyond 300 yds. might add this is just plain cheating. you guys that have been using swaros and this thing should be ashamed of yourself. :devil: