Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Razor 1-6 HD Gen II

AlamoShooter

I ordered a Vortex Razor HD 1-6 today.

I hope it is as good as you say!

Dave

Its better than I say. ;) Please post in with a better description than I provided.

And If your NOT happy with it we could start a wait list on this thread of people that will buy it form you.

That will be with a Throw Ring from MGM, Rite?

Edited by AlamoShooter

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave

Its better than I say. ;) Please post in with a better description than I provided.

And If your NOT happy with it we could start a wait list on this thread of people that will buy it form you.

That will be with a Throw Ring from MGM, Rite?

Glad you reminded me. I will order the throw lever tomorrow. Nordic is out, I bought it from CS Tactical. Hope to have it next week.

Thanks,

Dave

Can Somebody post some pictures with the reticule lit? From the photos I have seen the dot appears to be so small as to be pointless. I realize you don't want to have a 4MOA dot, but it would be nice to have one big enough to see. Maybe I have been spoiled with the Trijicon Accupoint Triangle :unsure:

Dave

That will be with a Throw Ring from MGM, Rite? Is that the SVIOR CQB?

Optics planet is notorius for not letting you know if it's in stock or not. If you click on there availability icon (that's new), it says call or email to discuss it. They don't have any right now. The season is almost over up here, so I may wait untill they become widely available. I really want one though!!!!

How is the eye box compared of that of the Razor 1-4 at 1x, 4x, and how does it look at 6x?

You did not like the photo? I thought that was good for 1000 words. Wow is the most common term that shooters use to describe the big screen TV at the back of the scope.

Not a single person that looked at my scope at Rockcastle thought that the RED Dot could be should be any brighter. The Red dot is small enough that I could leave it on to shoot the steel targets through the trees on stage #4 at the ProAm.

In fact I was able to hit some targets faster than the RO could be "Herd" calling hit.

?Couldn't find the Razor at Rockcastle ? ... :blink: Did you see the guy with the bight Green and white Vortex shirt passing a scope around ? :surprise:

Not more than two Jaimie's allowed at one event

How is the eye box compared of that of the Razor 1-4 at 1x, 4x, and how does it look at 6x?

You did not like the photo? I thought that was good for 1000 words. Wow is the most common term that shooters use to describe the big screen TV at the back of the scope.

Not a single person that looked at my scope at Rockcastle thought that the RED Dot could be should be any brighter. The Red dot is small enough that I could leave it on to shoot the steel targets through the trees on stage #4 at the ProAm.

In fact I was able to hit some targets faster than the RO could be "Herd" calling hit.

?Couldn't find the Razor at Rockcastle ? ... :blink: Did you see the guy with the bight Green and white Vortex shirt passing a scope around ? :surprise:

Not more than two Jaimie's allowed at one event

Sorry but I wasn't able to look at it when you were demoing, I was to busy trying to figure out why my pistol was crapping out on every stage :angry2:

The Reticle that Jerry designed for this 1-6 is fast like Jerry and even a Zombie could learn how to use it in seconds.

Lite it up and its going to burn every thing under 100 yards = Turn off the lite for longer shots and the detail on the targets is going to spoil every one.

I'm a Zombie AND I like lasers; do you think this scope is right for me?

The Reticle that Jerry designed for this 1-6 is fast like Jerry and even a Zombie could learn how to use it in seconds.

Lite it up and its going to burn every thing under 100 yards = Turn off the lite for longer shots and the detail on the targets is going to spoil every one.

I'm a Zombie AND I like lasers; do you think this scope is right for me?

I have been married twice = the first one taught me a lot, most of it I have hopes of forgetting.

Is it rite for you? This scope is like the Hottest woman you have ever met , And she thinks your smart and handsome. How could that not be "Right for You" even if you never shot out to 500 yards and over the field of view and high definiton of the targets make it great.

I have very little exsperiance with a Laser sight, But I did shoot open handgun for 18+ years 1/2 of it with a Target Focus like you would shoot a Lazor. I think this scope with the red dot on has advantages over a Lazor becuse you can set the red dot up over the Head area on a 4 yard target and still know it will hit below the dot on the center of the A in the head.

Any one have these in stock yet? I'm unable to find one.

Give Mike at CS Tactical a call. He had at least one last week when I was there... You'll have to wipe my drool off if it's the one I looked at :)

CS Tactical @ 916-670-1103

I just spoke with Mike. Mine will be enroute today. He told me one of the top 3 gunners in CA looked at one last week and really liked it. Would that be you?

Give Mike at CS Tactical a call. He had at least one last week when I was there... You'll have to wipe my drool off if it's the one I looked at :)

I just spoke with Mike. Mine will be enroute today. He told me one of the top 3 gunners in CA looked at one last week and really liked it. Would that be you?

I can remember more than two Great shooters from CaliForina that liked the scope <_< your asking some of them to come out of the Closet though.... I think they had other scope mfg sponsor flags on their shirts. :devil: I'm not naming Names

I can remember more than two Great shooters from CaliForina that liked the scope <_< your asking some of them to come out of the Closet though.... I think they had other scope mfg sponsor flags on their shirts. :devil: I'm not naming Names

And I mentioned you when I ordered the MGM switchview.........is there a pond you walk across to get there? Apparently, you are quite the big dog with them :cheers:

Dave

Edited to add: California shooters coming out of the closet...good one!

Edited by Airedale

Subjective question; do you see the reticle for the Razor II getting "better?" Or if anybody has heard any feelers about what they MIGHT offer for reticles. On one hand I guess I just like knowing what my options are before I buy. On the other, this seems pretty good in that it's simple, uncluttered, and has all I think I'd use. I'm curious how people think it compares to the Razor EBR-556 reticle. I suppose I can just wait and find out what else they throw out there, just thought I'd ask the peanut gallery.

-Cheers

Subjective question; do you see the reticle for the Razor II getting "better?" Or if anybody has heard any feelers about what they MIGHT offer for reticles. On one hand I guess I just like knowing what my options are before I buy. On the other, this seems pretty good in that it's simple, uncluttered, and has all I think I'd use. I'm curious how people think it compares to the Razor EBR-556 reticle. I suppose I can just wait and find out what else they throw out there, just thought I'd ask the peanut gallery.

-Cheers

The New 1-6 would not work very good with the EBR 556 reticle. ( I Do Like ) the EBR reticle in the 1-4 Razor very much. But it 'in my opinion' would be too big and clumsy for the 1-6.

When Vortex has something new with the Reticle, I doubt very much it would be something that is "Throw out there" = it will be good.

The Reticle as is would have worked for 99.5% of the match shots I did this last year.

• 2 weeks later...