Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Razor 1-6 HD Gen II

AlamoShooter

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

calling around tomorrow, does it really weigh 25.2 oz?

EDIT: no one has 'em :angry2: swaro? mmm tempting, the wife said ok but she doesn't know about the mount it's gonna need along with the throw lever, and the new lower to build the rifle the gun is supposed to go on(duh, who puts a new scope on a dirty used gun? j/k)

Edited by dukduk

• 2 weeks later...

vortex uses ADM

anyone know of one for sale? (the scope)

Patience...they claim to be in around the end of the month. Living in New England, our season ends shortly, so I'll wait for one.

CS Tactical's site claims the to be in stock. Other's have too, but, didn't have them.

Edited by Dan Sierpina

Not a single person that looked at my scope at Rockcastle thought that the RED Dot could be should be any brighter. The Red dot is small enough that I could leave it on to shoot the steel targets through the trees on stage #4 at the ProAm.

In fact I was able to hit some targets faster than the RO could be "Herd" calling hit.

?Couldn't find the Razor at Rockcastle ? ... :blink: Did you see the guy with the bight Green and white Vortex shirt passing a scope around ? :surprise:

Not more than two Jaimie's allowed at one event

I was the RO and you were slapping the steel mighty quick. Again, sorry for the mix-up and glad it worked out the way it did.:cheers:

Thanks for letting me shoot your rifle between squads. I'm already saving the cash to put one of these on my rifle for next season. I was considering the Bushnell 1-6.5 but not after shooting that thing. I like it better than my brother's Swaro too. Asthetically, functionally and financially it just works better for me. Always thought the Z6i looked long and goofy. :rolleyes:

With my 55gr load, My holds are as follows with a 100 yard zero

Center - 100

First Hash down - 215

2nd down - 318

3rd down - 422

My 69gr load is even better

Center - 100

2nd - 212

3rd - 313

4th - 418

what would a 200 yd zero with the center do?

Setting this scope up for the best image takes a bit more time than most scopes. Its Not a 'Plug and Play" scope.

I am surprised how every one thinks my scope is perfect. = I have a astigmatism so finding the best place in the focus was several try. NOW Its always good , unless :blink: I demo the scope at a match and thin don't reset it before my make ready on the stage. But I allwaZ drag my feet just to Game the RO

Brownells claims to currently be in stock. (10/11 7:47pm CT)

Sure wish I had the cash so I could upgrade my Vortex Viper PST 1x4. Does Vortex have an upgrade program?????? B)

Ryan

Edited by AggieMM

What makes setting it up more complex? I want to buy one, but I will have to wait until spring.

I don't know if its more complex ..its that the glass is capable of providing a stunning clear Image. =if its focused for your eyes.

at 100 yards the targets and what ever look more clear at 1x than with a Naked Eye. even looking across the room at my TV screed = it picked up in a photo how clear it is.

I can set it up quick for the reticle to be clear , but with some 'tweaking' like the Optometries does the image cleans up to Wow clear.

As a near Side Note * I have a light Prescription to correct my eyes at distance and a astigmatism. = Shooting 3 gun and Iron sights on the handgun I just ware Rudy Photo X with out an insert.

The Razor focus ring lets and something about the Glass lets me correct that. at 1X my vision is as good or better than it was 10 years ago. I think -'But I don't know' that may be one of the benefits of a High quality scope. even one not made by Vortex. ;)

Edited by AlamoShooter