Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are you reading right now?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished James Clavell's Tai-Pan about the settling of Honk Kong by Europeans. Tomorrow I will order his novel Gai-Jin. I already read Shogun, which is a paralell for the Takagawa Clan taking over Japan in around 1600. I have Veincent Bugliosi's Outgrage, and I will get to it soon, but every time I try to read anyting about O. J. simpson I get mad all over again.

Currently reading a stack of Front sight Magazines from the late 80's- early 90's. A shooting friend offered them to me and I find them very interesting. Funny how many things have changed, yet many things have stayed exactly the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from our men's bible study this morning and we are working through "Four Pillars of a Man's Heart" by Stu Weber. Excellent book about how we as men are supposed to act and live our lives... as Men.

• 3 weeks later...

I read What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank. Pretty decent short stories by Nathan Englander.

Reading Boxing Is... by Thomas Hauser. Boxing reporting printed in 2009. One piece about Joe Frazier shows what an jerkoff Muhammed Ali could be. Another biographical piece on Sugar Ray Robinson was interesting. I think I like reading about boxing more than I like watching it.

I am listening to The Mark Inside A Perfect Swindle, a Cunning Revenge, and a Small History of the Big Con by Amy Reading.

Trudge zombie series by Shawn Chesser. Eh, not bad, but not great. Probably going to go back to Lee Child or Vince Flynn next. I love the zombie genre, but have yet to read one that ends well, or even ends, with the possible exception of WWZ.

B

Listening to FUN AND GAMES by Duane Swierczynski. Fun but sometimes frustrating because the main character is (purposefully) a bit thick.

Started reading CHASING A BLOND MOON by Joseph Heywood. Novel with a Michigan game warden as main character.