AznDragon533

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it possible to be on Gunbroker?

Also.

from max:

My SIG 1911MAX ran flawlessly as I finished 4th out of nearly 375 competitors at the Single Stack Nats. That makes two top 5 finishes for my first 2 years at that Championship!
Max Michel Thx for the congrats guys!

Mike- I believe they are shipping this month. Call SIG customer service if you're interested. Thx!

I bid on one that was on Gunbroker and didn't get it. I would up buying a STI USPSA edition Single Stack in .45. Awesome shooting gun!!

Jan

I also bid on the Max 1911 on gunbroker. But I didn't win the bidding.

So apparently, like the Sig P227, there are a few out in the market, but only a few. At the NRA convention at the Sig booth they were giving away a free Sig P227 in a drawing.

I'm interested in both the Sig Max 1911 and the P227.

No one hit the reserve on Gunbroker...I even sent the guy a message thru gunbroker expressing interest and never heard back. Makes me wonder if the gun was "real"

Jan

No one hit the reserve on Gunbroker...I even sent the guy a message thru gunbroker expressing interest and never heard back. Makes me wonder if the gun was "real"

Jan

Yeah I doubt it was real as well.....what was the highest bid btw?

• 3 months later...

I've been out of the game for over a year, decided I want to shoot SS again. Hopped on sigs website as I liked their 1911s, saw the Max, googled it to find a thread on BE..... and realized it was at SHOT last year, and still hasn't been released/can't get your hands on it. seriously, why even release a gun last year if it wont be on sale for over a year later, or advertise it comes as 40 and not have that as an option.....

I guess I'm shooting limited again, as I owned a Trojan (great gun) and don't want another.

Convenience, in reloading really. You can argue reduction in recoil all day long! 40 and 45 just shoot differently, period! But, only if your shooting Limited already, well its really a matter of convenience in reloading components.

If you don"t shoot Limited, well it really doesn't matter. The cost of shooting 45 is only slightly higher due to the brass and its only by 20 to 30 dollars more than 40sw brass per M.

Here in California, 40ss guns are really rare to come by. Either you make your own or you do the Single Shot Exemption which allows you to buy outside of the state a gun that is not on the DOJ Roster of approve handguns. But that clause will most likely end this year.

And what guns are in 40sw as a single stack? STI only that I can think of, sure Para has one but where do find that one???

Or you can get Kimber 10mm or 9mm and convert over. Some of those guns have checkering but no adjustable sights or have fix sights and do have checkering! Those guns are on the Calif DOJ list. In California there are lots of ss 45's available! So, shooting a 45 at least here in California, might be easier than getting a gun and reworking it.

Max M 1911 in 40, is very cool gun and in 40...WOW! Its all done, has all the parts you want already, its ready to go for the most part!! So in California, just do the SSE clause and be done with it.

Heck, even the Max M 1911, 45acp, isn't on the DOJ list either so I guess doing a SSE for that also, is the only way, am going to get one!!!

JMO

Id go for one in .40

Any particular reason why everyone is picking one in .40 S&W instead of 45 ACP? Just reduction in recoil?

There are a few reasons

10 round .40 mags fit in the box so if you are shooting a local match where it is particularily geared towards 10 round mags you can use them with some nice soft minor ammo.

Bullets are cheaper (about $14 per 1000, but it adds up)

Brass is easier to find, personally i have buckets of .40 brass that is just given to me from my friends at the local PDs, .45 however is horded by everyone who shoots it and its fairly pricey so you dont want to lose it. Nothing ruins my day/match/practice than worrying about getting my brass back.

Also I have noticed 90% of the guys shooting .45 in my area shoot a 200gr swc anyways so whats the advantage over a .40 with a 200gr tc?

Id go for one in .40

Any particular reason why everyone is picking one in .40 S&W instead of 45 ACP? Just reduction in recoil?

For the reasons mentioned above 40 is becoming a powerhouse in single stack sales. Para is introducing their single stack ready 40 1911, STI sells a ton of Trojans in 40. Sig better get on the ball with their 40 if they want much participation in USPSA Single Stack.

Edited by Chris_C

Just like I posted earlier about the Stock II in production, It seems like availability/production is the only thing holding back a lot of firearms sales. Why would you introduce something two years before they are available?

I'd love to know the reasoning as well with companies showing new for 2012 items at shot show and then they never hit shelves for 16 months.

If you know you have a good product, you should be ready to ship the week after so everyone drooling and spend their Christmas money!

To the best of my knowledge SIG only produces 45acp and 357sig in their 1911s. 9mm and 40 only exist on websites and press releases. Go direct to the horse's mouth and call the SIG Pro Shop. If they can't get what you are looking for it doesn't exist.