Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Sauer Max 1911 !

AznDragon533

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

One of my local gun stores has one of these, I have not shot it only held it. My first opinion was that it was nice overall but the fit and finish just wasn't what I was expecting. The barrel fit was really good but the slide to frame fit was slightly loose and it was very gritty feeling when racked. The grips looked pretty good but really weren't as grippy as they look like they should be. The trigger broke clean an crisp but was a little heavy. Overall it was nice and would probably smooth out with some use but I still think a trojan w/ a techwell or dawson ice magwell and different grips will get a little nicer gun for around the same price. YMMV

One of my local gun shops has the max on a black Friday sale for 899 almost picked it up. The trigger wasnt that smooth it had some creep and the pull was a little more than expected. Also the rear sight were big and has some sharp edges. Think I'll save the money and put it towards a x-5

• 5 months later...

I found a .45 in stock at my local shop and brought it home last week, overall very happy with it. Have only had it to the range once, but it was impressive. Shot tight groups right out of the box.

Looking forward to shooting in competition this year, as soon as I get some more practice rounds through it to get used to it a little more.

Edited by sarge450

• 1 month later...

Has anyone got any experience with one yet?

I am having some issues with not getting the mags seated up in enough during a reload. Twice in a match now I haven't gotten it all the way in. I switched to Chip McCormick mags and that seemed to help, but I had it happen again this past weekend.

I ordered some extended base pads for the wilson combat mags, I hope that will fix the problem with them. Need to find some extended pads for the McCormick mags.

Other than the mag problems I love the gun, very nice.

Edited by sarge450

Well now August 1 and no 40 yet anyone have any info? Very disappointed when their customer service info is wrong they at least could give some type of explanation, or at least plan on extending the promo as a way of thanking people willing to show loyalty to them.

Has anyone got any experience with one yet?

I am having some issues with not getting the mags seated up in enough during a reload. Twice in a match now I haven't gotten it all the way in. I switched to Chip McCormick mags and that seemed to help, but I had it happen again this past weekend.

I ordered some extended base pads for the wilson combat mags, I hope that will fix the problem with them. Need to find some extended pads for the McCormick mags.

Other than the mag problems I love the gun, very nice.

Using any type of Magwell I have found you need the extended bases for the mags, even the McCormick s.

Edited by greyhounder