Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Sauer Max 1911 !

AznDragon533

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to look at one in .40 if they ever make it.

When Sig first came out with their version of the 1911, they promoted the .45 with a .40 to follow. That never happened. Hopefully with Max M. there, we'll see the .40 version.

I'd like to look at one in .40 if they ever make it.

When Sig first came out with their version of the 1911, they promoted the .45 with a .40 to follow. That never happened. Hopefully with Max M. there, we'll see the .40 version.

Also promote a 9mm on their website but I have yet to see one in person.

Per the Sig guy I talked to ~ a month ago the traditional slide target guns in 9 and 40 were also supposed to be introduced in late June fwiw. Hope its true... I've been waiting on them since they were announced 2 years ago...

:eatdrink:

Addict

Per the Sig guy I talked to ~ a month ago the traditional slide target guns in 9 and 40 were also supposed to be introduced in late June fwiw. Hope its true... I've been waiting on them since they were announced 2 years ago...

Addict

I knew someday you would be buying a Sig.

Edited by JWeber

Addict

Thanks, I'm interested in one of the Max in .40.

It very well may be a nice gun. It might be an absolutely dead reliable tack driver.

But it LOOKS like they pilfered a slide from another product line and fit it on a 1911 frame. It loses the elegance of the original line and brings NOTHING to the table in the way of advancing the aesthetic. If it were gorgeous, fine. But its not.

Addict

Thanks, I'm interested in one of the Max in .40.

I just talked to my Sig rep and it should be out sometime this summer...hopefully. I want one as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a Tac Ops with the traditional slide and it is a very nice factory pistol. It is definitely better than the last few Kimbers I have owned or handled. I took it out of the box and ran 200 rounds through it without stopping. It chewed up every round and the mags functioned perfectly.

• 2 months later...

no FO front sight why? annoying to buy a 1700 msrp gun marketed to competition and have to still add stuff to it

This is Max's signature gun, maybe he doesn't use FO on an iron sighted gun. A FO front sight is only $36 anyways.

I met Max and was able to handle his personal 1911 MAX the Thursday prior to the NRA Convention. Max told me the only difference in his gun and the one in the picture was a Dawson fiber optic front sight and the trigger was worked on to make it lighter than factory specs. I was quite impressed with the pistol. Max mentioned he would be shooting that gun at the Single Stack Nationals.

Marty

A-7424

• 4 weeks later...

I understand and agree and would be concerned if I was buying one. At the 56 second mark of the video, you can see the front FO sight. For the tie breaker, call Sig and see what the say and for grins tell them about Max's video if they say no FO front sight! :surprise:

Edited by mjohn

• 1 month later...