Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Sauer Max 1911 !

AznDragon533

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, not unless it shoots 2" groups or less at 50 yards from the box.... Though I'm sure its a good gun. Kinda overpriced for what you get IMHO. I could build something alot nicer for the $1500 they are asking for it. You could buy an STI Spartan competition ready with the magwell from Dawson precision for $500 less, and I bet its probably going to perform alot nicer...

The Spartan is a bottom basement gun. It is a price point, almost loss leader for STI.

There is a huge difference in the quality of the Spartan v. Max 1911.

IMO, it looks like the Max 1911 is a competition ready gun with quality bar stock parts.

If the price is ~$1500 then it is a good introductory price for a high quality gun.

I think it looks like a very nice option for SS, and one I might seriously consider. The only possible drawback to me is it's external extractor, which is probably not a big deal any more. It certainly wasn't for Max. :cheers:

Edited by GregJ

Looks like the street price will be 1300ish. I dont see a problem with the external extractor and as soon as they release the .40, Im gonna have to seriously consider adding it to the collection. I love the way it looks.

I think they made a mistake here. Max pushed it on his Facebook page. I went looking as I wanted a 1911. Could find no 40's anywhere. No one on the Internet had it. Bought a uspsa sti 1911 instead with one click of an Internet buy button. I think Travis did it right with that para 1911. Announce it and have a bunch ready to buy. I even think they sold out of them. Max can sell these but he should do what para did. Special limited price and have someone like shooters connection have a stock of them so we can buy. This gun missed my boat. Looks good though.

Hello: It looks kinda cool but again the cocking serrations are in the wrong place like the Para. Also if you are going to show a promo picture like that make sure the rear sight is not in everland :surprise: I also agree that the price point is right on par with others in that group. Thanks, Eric

I met Max and was able to handle his personal 1911 MAX the Thursday prior to the NRA Convention. Max told me the only difference in his gun and the one in the picture was a Dawson fiber optic front sight and the trigger was worked on to make it lighter than factory specs. I was quite impressed with the pistol. Max mentioned he would be shooting that gun at the Single Stack Nationals.

Marty

A-7424

what's funny about his achievement in area 6 rocking the SS is that he is clasified as " U " in that division , looks like he is one of those shooters that can pick any gun at any game and still beat you with it , congrats Max is really nice to see you shoot