Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Cart

Sarge

Well, the new shooting season is just around the corner and it's official. I will need a cart of some kind this year, what with all the shots in my back.

Most of the threads seem a little out dated so I thought I would see what the latest trends are.

Jogging strollers still the way to go? I am not crazy about wagons as I think I would rather push than pull unless I could pull something short.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sinclair makes the one I have it folds up and has a optional cover for a rainy day.Its under Benchrest Range Cart

That's the one I use. Note, however, that if you drop it fully loaded off the top of a pickup while driving from stage to stage, you will find yourself in the market for a replacement basket.

Seriously, I love mine.

BB

Well, the new shooting season is just around the corner and it's official. I will need a cart of some kind this year, what with all the shots in my back.

Most of the threads seem a little out dated so I thought I would see what the latest trends are.

Jogging strollers still the way to go? I am not crazy about wagons as I think I would rather push than pull unless I could pull something short.

I think a used jogging stroller is the way to go. cheap, sturdy and folding

Do you think that could handle the weight of a full match load? Over and over for several seasons? I like the way it folds.

I have used at a lot of matches with two to three shooters stuff in it at one time,also we use it at little league ball game,with coolers and chairs,it also went to Memphis CC,so far so good..

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?keyword=gadren+cart&selectedCatgry=SEARCH+ALL&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&Ntpc=1&Ntpr=1

I also have one of the small wagons from H D,what I do in the summer it is,mount a peice of pvc pipe to it and put up a beach umbrella on the back,man I get a lot of friends at 95 degree weather,,add a couple bags and go.

Edited by EEH

What? You don't have a range cart yet?? Been napping on the sofa all freaking winter, haven't you! :roflol:

I picked up a "jogging cart" for twins at a thrift store for $5. Yanked off a lot of the canvas, built a loading shelf up top, added two shelves for gear, left the catch area underneath for all the brass(the netting doubles as a debris remover). I'm in it $15 and it will haul three shooters and a 40 qt. ice chest, no problem. It still folds like the factory cart and most think it was cu$tom built. I also have a single cart that I used a conduit bender and made an ice chest rack and load table for. Find a jogging cart, game it like a stage, and save some money.

What? You don't have a range cart yet?? Been napping on the sofa all freaking winter, haven't you! :roflol:

I must admit I haven't done a whole lot!cheers.gif

I run a modified jogger and it suits me.

IMG_2858.jpg

Where do get the stuff to finish the change over?

I stipped the attachments off the sroller, and the clamps are Kolpin rifle clamps but I need to install a double unit on the other side. I have installed a cup holder on it to carry a water bottle.

I've seen a few of these around...

http://www.outdoorph...-gear-cart.html

$299.95, Free Ground Shipping

Holy moly, that's almost exacty what I've been looking for. I love my Schiffmeyer/Sinclair cart, but that seat would be worth a lot during all day matches with no benches or bleachers.. Considering what I've spent on guns, ammo, travel, and misc gear, $300 isn't all that much if it makes long afternoons at all day matches more pleasant.

BB

I"ve been searching for a cart as well. I'd stay away from the Amazon cart because I've heard the individual steering wheels make it difficult to maneuver. The Eckla Gear Cart looks great, but pricey. There's a new cart coming from CED. I saw it at Shot Show. Looks well built, some great options, lightweight, and has pneumatic tires (great for the range). It's supposed to handle at least 100lbs, and priced at $99 bucks. It should be easy to add rifle mounts, has a drop-down shelf for loading magazines, and it even has dual cup holders. I'm going to try one when they're available, or go with a converted jogger.

try Craig's List for the jogger. you can get them as cheaply as $30. Now that I have a welder, I would probably just make my own ATV style gun racks and dip them in that plastic tool handle dip stuff. use something like a bungee cord to secure the long guns into the homemade racks.