Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Cart

Sarge

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used jogger and two pairs of All Rite Pack Racks works for me. Will tear out the cloth seat and replace with something to stack stuff.

post-3273-0-65204300-1327561875_thumb.jp

You may want to look into some wheels also! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm thinking a few wheels'll make all the difference in the world on that rig!

Haha... that's one nice thing about that jogger... removable wheels and with shocks too. Wheels are so easy to take off and put on, stores much easier.

Well, the new shooting season is just around the corner and it's official. I will need a cart of some kind this year, what with all the shots in my back.

Most of the threads seem a little out dated so I thought I would see what the latest trends are.

Jogging strollers still the way to go? I am not crazy about wagons as I think I would rather push than pull unless I could pull something short.

Golf cart or ATV.

Of course you can do what I do and that is use my walker to move things around. Of course if you shoot where there is a lot of loose soil or sand you will have problems as the tires they have on them are best used on hard surfaces.

Edited by West Texas Granny

I have tried several different things. For Multi Gun and/three gun, I have a Rugged Gear cart my wife gave me for Christmas in 2010. I like it but not for pistol only matches.

For Pistol only, I use the inner bag for my Shooter's Connection bag. If with others or at a major that uses more ammo, I have used a folding garden cart a customer of mine gave me. I have seen others with them also.

LINK

The cart folds small making it easy to transport. It rolls easily on sand, gravel etc. It can hold 4 bags...

When shooting revolver, I used a fishing cart. Still have it. It was well suited for revolver work but was not easy to haul around.

LINK

With bad knees and back, I have learned what I need and what I need room for. The easiest "Range Cart" I have is made by Coleman.

LINK For $40 you can buy a new one every couple years if your tough on gear. Mine is three years old and still fine. They sell replacement plastic hinge kits which is the weak point of the cooler.

The cooler holds all my gear and serves well as a seat too.

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

I never stripped it off and I use it as my park brake. It's easier than using the wheel locks.

Don't let RePete kid you, he runs between stages and needs the brake to stop with

why do you think he is so fit?

Thanks, I needed that, but i'm a tad overweight and I need the brake to stop me from getting into a speed wobble. :roflol:

I never stripped it off and I use it as my park brake. It's easier than using the wheel locks.

Don't let RePete kid you, he runs between stages and needs the brake to stop with

why do you think he is so fit?

Thanks, I needed that, but i'm a tad overweight and I need the brake to stop me from getting into a speed wobble. :roflol:

tad overwieght.....ha, I have a permanent wobble!!

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?keyword=gadren+cart&selectedCatgry=SEARCH+ALL&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&Ntpc=1&Ntpr=1

I also have one of the small wagons from H D,what I do in the summer it is,mount a peice of pvc pipe to it and put up a beach umbrella on the back,man I get a lot of friends at 95 degree weather,,add a couple bags and go.

I have the same set up that I use here in Hawaii, average temp 80-90+. The beach umbrella really comes in handy, and you're right that every body wants to hang around you between shoots :rolleyes:

Well, I have a lead on an Eckla. Like new $250. That is still a lot. But I am thinking about it.

Eckla Beach Rolly goes for around 125 euro here, so 165 dollars. Must be possible to ship one to the US for less than a 100 dollars I'd say.

Well, I have a lead on an Eckla. Like new $250. That is still a lot. But I am thinking about it.

Eckla Beach Rolly goes for around 125 euro here, so 165 dollars. Must be possible to ship one to the US for less than a 100 dollars I'd say.

I'm actually more interested in the multi rolly. It's about $100 more here.

I"ve been searching for a cart as well. I'd stay away from the Amazon cart because I've heard the individual steering wheels make it difficult to maneuver. The Eckla Gear Cart looks great, but pricey. There's a new cart coming from CED. I saw it at Shot Show. Looks well built, some great options, lightweight, and has pneumatic tires (great for the range). It's supposed to handle at least 100lbs, and priced at $99 bucks. It should be easy to add rifle mounts, has a drop-down shelf for loading magazines, and it even has dual cup holders. I'm going to try one when they're available, or go with a converted jogger.

What about the current CED cart? $59.00 and a capacity of 200 pounds. In my case it would just be used for two range bags. Thoughts anyone?

I"ve been searching for a cart as well. I'd stay away from the Amazon cart because I've heard the individual steering wheels make it difficult to maneuver. The Eckla Gear Cart looks great, but pricey. There's a new cart coming from CED. I saw it at Shot Show. Looks well built, some great options, lightweight, and has pneumatic tires (great for the range). It's supposed to handle at least 100lbs, and priced at $99 bucks. It should be easy to add rifle mounts, has a drop-down shelf for loading magazines, and it even has dual cup holders. I'm going to try one when they're available, or go with a converted jogger.

What about the current CED cart? $59.00 and a capacity of 200 pounds. In my case it would just be used for two range bags. Thoughts anyone?

I have one similar to the CED unit and IMHO they are a waste of money.

The wheels aren't big enough for anything worse than pavement.

Get something better.

I have one similar to the CED unit and IMHO they are a waste of money.

The wheels aren't big enough for anything worse than pavement.

Get something better.

I agree 100% - I have both the CED cart & a large fold-up wagon I've used once each, & they're both sitting in my garage collecting dust. The wheels on both units aren't big enough & trying to pull through gravel or un-even surfaces is a real pain - they would work for small local matches but Sectional & State matches I wouldn't recommend - anyone looking for a CED cart or fold-up wagon I'll make someone a great deal on.

Others have accurately chimed in...the older CED cart's wheels are the week link. They're the hard rubber tires common to hand trucks. The new CED/DAA trolley has large (I'd guess 9") pneumatic tires that should roll over any gravel, rock, or loose surface with little resistance. 100lbs isn't the final load rating...that's just what they've verified so far. I'm finishing up my video review from SHOT Show, and will post a link here when it's available.

I gave my CED dolly to my wife to haul books and art supplies from her car to her classroom. It's fine for square loads on concrete, and nice for travel, since it folds. But it doesn't work well on mud, gravel, or uneven ground, and trying to stack a cooler, ammo, and a range bag meant I had to stop two or three times during the match to rebalance or pick up something that fell off.

BB

Edited by bbbean

Here is what I use. Bought it a few years ago for High Power Rifle shooting. It's somewhat popular in that discipline of shooting, where carts are imperative. It a First Strike range cart. Not much on their website, but I talked to Anna earlier this season and they are going strong. They also sell long gun attachments for the sides to convert to a 3-gun rig. I installed a bottom to hold a normal size range bag. The cooler in the back came with the cart. I also attach an umbrella for the hot summer days. The seat folds up and attaches to a small working surface for reloading mags or just sitting things on it. You can pull or push it. I keep my range bag in and take it everywhere, practice sessions, even the indoor matches. Not sure what the price is now, but I think it is over $400.

post-25782-0-24908300-1327784954_thumb.j post-25782-0-49272700-1327784984_thumb.j post-25782-0-35060800-1327785008_thumb.j

Edited by Rick Stone

I gave my CED dolly to my wife to haul books and art supplied from her car to her classroom. It's fine for square loads on concrete, and nice for travel, since it folds. But it doesn't work well on mud, grave, or uneven ground, and trying to stack a cooler, ammo, and a range bag meant I had to stop two or three times during the match to rebalance or pick up something that fell off.

BB

Well, now I know why no one has mentioned it :surprise: