Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 High Desert Classic

For our 8th year, Rio Grande Practiacl Shooting Club will be hosting the High Desert Classic.

Match dates are set for September 27-30, with the RO's shooting on the Sept. 27 and 28.

We have heard the complaints about the wind, and hopefully Mother nature will cooperate this year. September is typically one of the best months for weather, in Abq.

More information will be coming soon.

Ray Van Valkenburg

HDC Match Director

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello: This is a great match and very well run. Having it in September will be alot better wind wise and the weather is a little cooler also. If you have not shot this match you need to since it is a great one. The stages are always challenging but fun. The staff are great and easy going. Hope to see you there :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Excellent!!! Rumor was that we would not be shooting this awesome match this year. Please count me in and send me the RO info once set.

Mark

I also thought this was not going to happen in 2012? Last years drive home thru three different fires was a little different and not in a good way. Not worried about the sandstorm this year all the sand was blown away last year.

Newby question, but this is or is not the same as Area 2?

Not the same. The Area 2 match has been held at the Rio Salado range in Mesa, AZ.

The High Desert Classic is usually the New Mexico sectional or championship.

Oke dokee, thanks for the info.

I think I still have some sand in my range bag from this year's HDC...

Two weeks before Nationals too. Nice!

Yeppers!

Going to be a great match as usual, not to mention two weeks before Nationals. Fall in Albuquerque is sweet!

CYa there,

Pat

Is this the send in your entry and hope to get picked in the lottery, or if you get it in in time you are in the match?

Previous matches have been limited to 150 competitors plus staff. Last year sold out, but the wait list all made it. Details haven't been completed yet for 2012.

• 2 months later...

When the application be posted?

For our 8th year, Rio Grande Practiacl Shooting Club will be hosting the High Desert Classic.

Match dates are set for September 27-30, with the RO's shooting on the Sept. 27 and 28.

We have heard the complaints about the wind, and hopefully Mother nature will cooperate this year. September is typically one of the best months for weather, in Abq.

More information will be coming soon.

Ray Van Valkenburg

HDC Match Director