Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

So what exactually determines wether you're AM or Pro?

The general idea last year: you know which one you are. If you've shot a couple of the major 3guns before (RM, Blue Ridge, Iron Man, FNH, etc etc) then you probably should shoot Pro. If you're new to 3gun or if the Pro-Am would be a first major, then Am may be a good place for you.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think returning shooters should get first chance at registration, much like DPMS did in the past. Then after a set time to get the entry in, registration is open to all. Not only will it cut down on the computer/internet overload of everyone trying at midnite, it's an incentive to those who helped make the inaugural match such a success.

Of course I would be one of the returning shooters..... :rolleyes:

Craig

this sound good to me

+1

Actually, new shooters however should be required to buy some Makers Mark for their squad mates!! :cheers:

JDKnotts1, you really should shoot AM so I don't have to worry about you beating me in PRO

Edited by ap3

If anyone is considering renting an RV, why would you need an rv park? Sit the RV at Rockcastle and rent a couple of golf carts.

We stayed at the RV park close by last year, it was very affordable. Where can you park your RV and get hookups onsite at Rockcastle?

I am on the waitlist for the lodge, but imagine that will be full just for staff and sponsors. I will probably find a hotel this year.

Edited by Kevin Holman

I have heard that due to the size of the place there is no real need for a cart. That it's possible to drive between stages and park then carry stuff close to the stage?

I have heard that due to the size of the place there is no real need for a cart. That it's possible to drive between stages and park then carry stuff close to the stage?

Kent

You will be able to drive to most if not all the stages. I will know more next week after we sort out all the stage locations.

A cart is useless just pull your gear out of your vehicle. Looking forward to this.

I don't know, i thought our range cart worked out pretty well.

Hurley

It worked great! The SUV cart carried it all with ease. Hope we can do it again minus my virus. :sick:

Ryan

Edited by sono

I don't think they ever found that one squad that got turned around last year....... But on cold, clear nights, you can still hear them hollering help.....

Thats why I took a ball of string into the cave stage...so I could follow it back out... (it was dark in there)

This was my first BIG 3gun match and I ended up in 96th in PRO TO and took over $300 in prize table goodies. The CMMG .22 conv. for my AR15 runs great. Thanks CMMG!

I'm nowhere near an AM, but shot like one, and am very far from playing with the big boys at the top.

My goal for this last match was top 50. I see I have plenty of work to do to get there.

I almost edged out Taran on the JP side match. He beat me by like .23 seconds. Maybe next year!!!!

We also stayed at the Sleep Inn. Really nice place for the money. Newly renovated rooms. Just don't book it up until I can make my reservations <_<

I'll be back next year. Don't miss this one!!!!

When registration opens will there be opportunity to register as a pro automatically if the am side is full?? As in first choice and second choice on the registration??

JDKnotts1, you really should shoot AM so I don't have to worry about you beating me in PRO

Hopefully I can get a spot in the match. Maybe I'll give you a run for your money. It is not wise to teach the enemy your secrets... :ph34r:

Kurt and Trapper will be back in 2012 as our Range Masters!!!!!!!!! Linda Chico will again be in charge of stats!!!!!!!!

Better alert the Edmonson Co. Sheriff Dept. that Trapper will be back in the area.

As long as he doesn't wear that green shirt again, he should be fine...