Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

what i liked about AM you had time to do all the side matchs and some more than once. as i understand it the pro did not free time,

Pros had 1 extra stage spread over an extra 1/2 day, and many were at the side matches. I know because I was taking lots of notes at the Benelli and LaRue sides by watching those guys. Now, the pros and others that didn't have time were the ones busting their butts as ROs and match staff. Those guys not only missed much of the side matches, they shot 8 stages in 1 day, then worked the next 3!! They were a key part of the success of the match. So, while I join everyone in thanking the sponsors, I also give a huge thanks to the staff that pulled it off. You guys/gals ROCK!!

Thanks,

Robert

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i liked about AM you had time to do all the side matchs and some more than once. as i understand it the pro did not free time,

Pros had 1 extra stage spread over an extra 1/2 day, and many were at the side matches. I know because I was taking lots of notes at the Benelli and LaRue sides by watching those guys. Now, the pros and others that didn't have time were the ones busting their butts as ROs and match staff. Those guys not only missed much of the side matches, they shot 8 stages in 1 day, then worked the next 3!! They were a key part of the success of the match. So, while I join everyone in thanking the sponsors, I also give a huge thanks to the staff that pulled it off. You guys/gals ROCK!!

Thanks,

Robert

I second that... :cheers:

Thanks,

Robert

true the RO,s and Staff did Rock and worked hard.

i had several friends that shot pro, and at the end of each day we would talk about the day. and i was going by what they said. i guess they were in a large squad, i got the impression that each time they finished a stage it was time to be at the next one. and i know they were disapointed they did not get to try the cave. but they had a great time both at the match and giving me hell about shooting AM.

Edited by RWF

Thanks,

Robert

i had several friends that shot pro, and at the end of each day we would talk about the day. and i was going by what they said. i guess they were in a large squad, i got the impression that each time they finished a stage it was time to be at the next one. and i know they were disapointed they did not get to try the cave. but they had a great time both at the match and giving me hell about shooting AM.

The cave was figuratively and literally the coolest side match. Justin (from Crimson Trace), if you're reading, bring extra ammo this year!!

Thanks,

Robert

I don't know about the other stages, but the one I worked had "ghost squads" in the rotation so there was some down time. It seems reasonable to think the other stages would have as well. The match planning and scoring would have supported at least one more squad, maybe two in pro.

well, Mike i made a phone call was told that my brain spots (legions) must be acting up again. its true that they did not get to do the cave (TV crews) each they went and did not do the Larue, because they were out of 308. oh well at least i got part of it right maybe.

Sorry guys, I built and maintained the website for the match last year (with a some help) as well as being match director and that is the link above, I know they have a very capable guy lined up and working ot get a site up and running but not sure of when it will go live. I guess once it does I may kill the old one as much as I hate too, it was a good year my friends, looking forward to an even better

Jeff

Some folks had doubts we could pull off the event last year so it did not fill in seconds as I had hoped, but now that last year was such a success I do think it will be filling very quickly this year, so be ready on registration day, i think the plan is to follow the template from last year and hav eregistration on Feb 15, be good on Valentines day and get permission.

jc

Sorry guys, I built and maintained the website for the match last year (with a some help) as well as being match director and that is the link above, I know they have a very capable guy lined up and working ot get a site up and running but not sure of when it will go live. I guess once it does I may kill the old one as much as I hate too, it was a good year my friends, looking forward to an even better

Jeff

Can you not just turn over the domain for it to the next MD?

Anyword on registration? It just got way more important!!!

The 3-Gun Nation Pro Series is an exciting new points series format, designed specifically for the best 3-gunners in the game.

The 3GN Pro Series will comprise two (2) 3GN-produced matches:

3GN Pro # 1 St. Augustine, FL, presented by Stag Arms

3GN Pro # 3 Covington, GA, presented by Stag Arms

The 3GN Pro Series will comprise two (2) 3GN-affiliated or "host" matches:

3GN Pro # 2 Larue Tactical Texas Multi-Gun Championships

3GN Pro # 4 AR15.com-Rockcastle Pro-Am

The 3GN Pro Series will comprise one (1) 3GN-point series finale match:

3GN Pro # 5 FNH USA 3-Gun Championship

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

The 3-Gun Nation Pro Series is an exciting new points series format, designed specifically for the best 3-gunners in the game.

3GN Pro # 1 – St. Augustine, FL, presented by Stag Arms

3GN Pro # 3 – Covington, GA, presented by Stag Arms

3GN Pro # 2 – Larue Tactical Texas Multi-Gun Championships

3GN Pro # 4 – AR15.com-Rockcastle Pro-Am

3GN Pro # 5 – FNH USA 3-Gun Championship

Jesse - Where are you getting this info from? I hadn't hear that LaRue was going to be on 3gn this year.

Thanks,

Aaron

Jesse - Where are you getting this info from? I hadn't hear that LaRue was going to be on 3gn this year.

Thanks,

Aaron

I think the guys that got invited to the 3GN circut probably got a schedule of what they will be shooting. Just my guess.

Thanks,

Aaron

You didn't hear? I'm the Mayor of 3 gun.

That bit of info I posted was from the 3 Gun Nation invitation that was sent out earlier today. The top 64 shooters from last years standings were invited to participate as "Pros" in 2012. Here is the entire message. I guess I assumed that this would be all over 3 gun nation website already.

3-Gun Competitor, 

Congratulations on your 2011-2012 finish in the Top 64 of the 3-Gun Nation points standings. Due to your demonstrated skill and ability, 3-Gun Nation formally invites you to compete in the 2012 – 2013 3-Gun Nation Pro Series.

The 3GN Pro Series will comprise two (2) 3GN-produced matches:

The 3GN Pro Series will comprise two (2) 3GN-affiliated or "host" matches: 

3GN Pro # 2 – Larue Tactical Texas Multi-Gun Championships 

3GN Pro # 4 – AR15.com-Rockcastle Pro-Am

The 3GN Pro Series will comprise one (1) 3GN-point series finale match:

3GN Pro # 5 – FNH USA 3-Gun Championship 

As a 3GN Pro, it will be MANDATORY* to compete in the two (2) 

3GN-produced matches:

March 31, 2012 – Ancient City Shooters Club, Jacksonville, FL 

June 16, 2012 – South River Gun Club, Covington, GA

* To be exempt from competing at any of the two (2) mandatory 3GN Pro Series Points matches, the competitor must show they are actively deployed oversees for the US Military OR special circumstances invoving personal tradgedy. Exemptions will be granted by the 3GN Director of Competition as a case-by-case basis. Each competitor applying for exemption must produce no less than 3 total scores at 2012 3GN affiliated events – at or by the FNH USA 3-Gun Pro Series points finale held at the FNH USA 3-Gun Championship in GlenGary, WV. 

Your third (3rd) series match (mandatory for 3GN Championship qualification) can come from one (1) of the three (3) following matches:

1. The Larue Tactical Texas Multi-Gun   – OR –

2. The AR15.com / Rockcastle Pro-Am  – OR –

3. FNH USA 3-Gun Championships

If you choose to shoot all five (5) 3GN Pro Series matches, then the best three (3) scores will be used for overall 3GN Pro Series points. The three (3) scores will determine entry into the 3GN Pro Series Championship — held in conjunction with SHOT Show in Las Vegas, January 2013. The top 30 competitors, based on series points, will advance to the Las Vegas 3-Gun Nation Championship shoot-off Finale.  Shooters will be seeded based on overall points. Top 2 shooters will receive a first round bye. 

3GN PRO SERIES FORMAT

The two (2) 3GN-produced matches will introduce a professional 3-gun format designed specifically for the top-level 3-gun competitor. It features a one-day, six-stage match format that will be the proving ground for the entire 2013 3GN Tour – as all 2013 3GN Pro Series matches will be produced by 3GN. The rules system will be simplified, and targets will be standardized for professional-level competition and a national audience.

Each 2012 Pro Series match will feature an elite, 64-man field. From here forward all 3-Gun Nation Pro Series events will be Tactical Optics only. 

The two (2) 3GN "host" matches for 2012 will be similar to previous 3GN partnered matches, with points collected based on overall match finish – and the top 8 Pro Series Tactical Optics competitors advancing to the 3GN Shoot-Off.

Only 3GN Pro Series (Tactical Optics) competitors will be eligible for 3GN Points, 3GN Shoot-Offs and 3GN cash payouts.

In addition, Pro-Series competitors will be allowed to use their own Tactical Optics equipment and ammunitition in the 3GN Shoot-offs, ommitting the final round – of which sponsor products will be used. 

Cash payouts at all 3GN events, both 3GN-affiliated and 3GN-produced, will increase in 2012, with a guaranteed $10,000 cash going to the top three competitors: $5,000 for first place, $3,000 for second place, and $2,000 for third place. Each 3GN-produced Pro Series match will feature a 100% cash payback system based on paid entry fees.

At each (non) 3GN-produced match, a $25 administration fee will be assessed to 3GN Pro Series competitors.

3GN DIVISIONAL SERIES presented by Hornady

Registration as a 3GN Pro also allows you to compete in the 3GN Divisional Series, presented by Hornady. Similar to the 2011 season, Hornady will award $5,000 for the overall points winner of the following divisions: Open, Tactical Optics, Tactical Iron, Heavy Metal and Heavy Metal Optics. 3GN Divisional Points will be awarded at the following 3GN divisional matches: Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun, Rocky Mountain 3-Gun, CMMG Midwest 3-Gun, MGM Ironman, Leupold & Warne Northwest Multigun Challenge, Adams Arms Ozark 3-Gun, Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun.

You DO NOT need to be a 3GN Pro Series competitor to compete for the divisional awards. Divisional series rules, fees, requirements will be available online on-or-before February 10th. 

The total cost to the Pro Series competitor:  $675.00

2012 3GN Pro Card Fee: $100 (Non-Refundable)

3GN Match Fee - 3GN Pro #1: $250 (100% Payback - Non-Refundable)

3GN Match Fee - 3GN Pro #3: $250 (100% Payback - Non-Refundable)

3GN-Affiliated Match Fee - Texas Multi-Gun: $25 (Non-Refundable)

3GN-Affiliated Match Fee - AR15.com/Rockcastle Pro-Am: $25 (Non-Refundable)

3GN-Point Series Finale Match Fee - FNH 3-Gun Championship: $25 (Non-Refundable)

3GN Las Vegas Championship Finale - FREE 

Competitors must respond and remit minimum payment of $300 postmarked by Wednesday, February 8th. After which, 3GN Pro Tour cards will be ordered. The balance of $350 will be due at the 3GN Pro Series Event #1 (St. Augustine, FL) match registration March 30th. All remaining available slots will be offered to the remaining shooters from the top 100 after February 8th. The full documentation of rules and regulations will be posted on www.3GunNation.com by January 31st. 

Please remit check or money order via U.S. Mail to: 

National 3-Gun Association

424 Ridgehill Drive

Lexington, SC  29073

***PAYMENT MUST BE POSTMARKED BY FEBRUARY 8, 2012***

For inquiries regarding payment, contact: 

Pete Brown, 3-Gun Nation President

pete@3gunnation.com

For inquiries regarding rules, dates or match structure, contact: 

Rob Romero, 3-Gun Nation Director of Competition

rob@3gunnation.com 

Chad Adams, 3-Gun Nation Vice President

chad@3gunnation.com

Sincerely,

3-Gun Nation Staf

Just like last year, registration will take place on Feb 15th at 9:30pm EST. Our stats and scoring guru Linda Chico will post all of the details this week. She will have a link to a "practice" page that you will have almost two weeks to get familiar with the system.

We have a dedicated website for this match and Michael Pridemore is the webmaster. Gary, Michael, Linda and I are proofing the final content as we speak. When it is launched the site will be rock3gun.com. I promise it will be up soon.

I will tell you that we are not trying to reinvent the wheel. The match format will VERY SIMILAR to last year. Why try to fix something that was a raging success? Pros shoot 8 stages, AMs shoot 7. Stages are being designed by eight of the top Pro's as part of the "Rockcastle Signature Series."

We want to thank Chad and Pete at NBC Sport's 3 Gun Nation for giving us the honor of being one of "THE matches."

We have added two more Pros to the Pro Clinics and you will get a chance to go to more than one of the clinics this year, if you so choose. We will be putting a much bigger emphasis on the Pro/AM dimension of this match. We hope to achieve far more interaction between each Pro/Am team and both groups in general.

Sponsorship support continues to amaze me and we will once again have an All-Star staff running the match.

Stay tuned for more details......thank you all very much for your support.

Shoot the ROCK!

Nick

If I manage to get registered for this event, my plan is to shoot in the "pro" division.

Is there any issue with this from a registration standpoint?

I don't want to register for pro just to find out that I don't qualify for some reason and miss an opportunity to register as an amateur.

In the mean time, I'll get my clicking finger warmed up.

Thanks

Paul

If I manage to get registered for this event, my plan is to shoot in the "pro" division.

I don't want to register for pro just to find out that I don't qualify for some reason and miss an opportunity to register as an amateur.

Thanks

Paul

Paul

No problem, you can shoot in either division.

Thanks

Paul

Paul

No problem, you can shoot in either division.

To expand this thought, if I attempt to shoot am and its full and Im willing to be a bottem dweller in pro can it be an automatic defalt to go pro on the registration?