Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

One guy even told me, after making ready on the long range rifle stage, he had never fired a centerfire rifle. He did quite well!

I hope you aren't talking about that burning squirrels dude cause I know he shot 3 rounds thru an AR previously lol.

that was me :roflol::devil:

it was a hoser so it wasn't bad, took forever to hit the one on the hill. that stage was AM#5 with the car. barrels firs twiht the rifle, then from the car a lollipop thing and a couple flashers wiht one up the hill in the shade, finish on pistol around the car.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linda, Gary,

Do you have the number of registered competitors by division yet? Pro Open/Tac-Optics, AM Open/Tac-Optics?

I shot AM TO last year...going Pro Open this year. Last year was my 2nd 3 gun match ever, so I'm jazzed up and ready for a major butt whippin'

Gary...I read the rules and still have a question...thought everyone might be interested in the answer so posted here...

Regarding Rules section 5...if shooting open, can we install/remove slings and/or bipods on rifles between stages?

Or does the bipod have to remain on the rifle the entire match if used on one stage?

Gary...I read the rules and still have a question...thought everyone might be interested in the answer so posted here...

Regarding Rules section 5...if shooting open, can we install/remove slings and/or bipods on rifles between stages?

Or does the bipod have to remain on the rifle the entire match if used on one stage?

Slings and bipods can be added and removed as needed. What you can not change according to Section 5.5 is that which is defined by Section 5.3 of the rules.

And 250-300 on the am side I think on stage five. Only one shout past 200 yards though.

Im thinking that most of us in the AM side should be able to easily deal with a flasher at 200-300. AM should mean AM as in not a true pro level shooter. NOT someone who has never shot a few 3 Gun matches.

Why not, I shot it last year and it was my first 3 gun and I wasn't alone. I didn't do great but I wasn't last and I was shooting my heavy metal gear against the TO guys. It was a great place to shoot and a bunch of really great people. I couldn't think of a better place to start 3 gun. :sight:

Alan

Good. Everyone has to have their first match in multigun. I was just wondering if a major like this was the right place to start. Seems I was wrong.

And 250-300 on the am side I think on stage five. Only one shout past 200 yards though.

Im thinking that most of us in the AM side should be able to easily deal with a flasher at 200-300. AM should mean AM as in not a true pro level shooter. NOT someone who has never shot a few 3 Gun matches.

Why not, I shot it last year and it was my first 3 gun and I wasn't alone. I didn't do great but I wasn't last and I was shooting my heavy metal gear against the TO guys. It was a great place to shoot and a bunch of really great people. I couldn't think of a better place to start 3 gun. :sight:

Alan

Good. Everyone has to have their first match in multigun. I was just wondering if a major like this was the right place to start. Seems I was wrong.

Last years ProAm and I think this years too is a great place to start shooting 3-gun. One will be able to experience a wider variety of stage design than most club matches. Plus there are the pro clinics and side matches, Larue brisket wraps etc. Lots going on, be safe and have fun. If you aren't having fun at the ProAm, you're not trying.

Alan

No you are not wrong! Kent-this will be fun-the guys shooting pro division have all the stress. I signed up for AM simply because I didn't want to shoot all three days.

Dave

Alan

No you are not wrong! Kent-this will be fun-the guys shooting pro division have all the stress. I signed up for AM simply because I didn't want to shoot all three days.

Dave

I didnt want to shoot sunday as well but looks like I may already be regretting not going to the pro side a be a celler dweller.

Edited by Kent Grewe

The FNH 3gun last Nov was my first major 3 gun match.

Before that I attended two small matches in Sept.

I registered in Pro for the ProAm and will do the same for all other events I enter, given the option.

I want push myself and compete against the best in the sport, and see how I measure up.

I'm gonna have to quote Rick Flair here and say "In order to be the best, you have to beat the best....Wooooo!"

LOL

Side note, I called in to pay for the match today and have to say the lady on the phone had one of the sexiest voices I've ever heard.

Greetings to all! From the perspective of your friends at "The Rock," the match is progressing nicely. Shooter registrations are rolling in, and just as important, so are the sponsorships. I can tell you that none of the companies from last year's match have dropped out of the sponsorship rhealm, and most are increasing for 2012. We'll just give a quick shou-out to those who have sent in paperwork so far. Thank you to AR15.COM, Brownells, Hornady, the NRA-ILA, the National Shooting Sports Foundation, LaRue Tactical, DPMS Firearms, Daniel Defense, Ergo Grip, XS Sight Systems, Tac Pro Shooting Center, Vortex Optics, 5.11 Tactical, Nordic Components, Viking Tactics, Warne Scope Mounts, XRAIL, Black Hills Ammunition, Blue Line Gear, Burris Optics, CPWSA, MGM Targets, and Sierra Bullets. Some of the companies that have increased their support of the match are Bushnell Tactical, JP Rifles, Leupold, Cheaper Than Dirt, Ergo Grip, and LaRue Tactical. New match sponsorships have rolled in from Trijicon and Stag Arms. And so much more to come.

All we can say, is that unbelievable prize table from last year is just getting bigger by the moment. We are very excited to see the level of conversation on the match, and looking so anxiously forward to seeing you, all of our friends again soon. Thank you to all of you and our sponsors. We'll keep you posted as thing progress. Nate Noble, Owner/COO Rockcastle Shooting Center

Has everyone gotten their confirmation E-mails,or are they still being sent out?

Sent mine out last week with USPS delivery confirmation. According to the USPS it was delivered @ 0745am on Feb. 23rd, but I still have not received anything from mis Linda. :mellow:

I'm crossing my fingers for tomorrow. :D

Has everyone gotten their confirmation E-mails,or are they still being sent out?

Sent mine out last week with USPS delivery confirmation. According to the USPS it was delivered @ 0745am on Feb. 23rd, but I still have not received anything from mis Linda. :mellow:

I'm crossing my fingers for tomorrow. :D

Let me explain the process: You mailed your application & check to Rockcastle - Park Mammoth Resort (the address on the application). I am a match volunteer, and I live in South Carolina, about a 10 hour drive from the range in Kentucky.

Once it gets to Kentucky, a lady named Amy logs all the information into a spreadsheet & sends it to me by email. My last update from her had 182 names (out of nearly 500 we expect to have by mid March - Postmark dates. . . NOT arrival dates). I've never had to deal with 500 applications in a two week time period, but I imagine she is swamped. When I did the Ft Benning matches & got 200 applications within 2 weeks, I was killing myself trying to stay ahead of it & she has double that.

Once she sends me a list, I send out email confirmation messages. There is usually a few days lag between your application arrival, your check hitting the bank in Kentucky & my confirmation email message. So NO ONE will be dropped off the list on March 1, because you still could put it in the mail on March 1.

Dark Roast Coffee & Dark Chocolate make the best bribes. :D See you in Kentucky.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2012 ARFCOM-Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Statistician

803-629-7095

Let me explain the process: You mailed your application & check to Rockcastle - Park Mammoth Resort (the address on the application). I am a match volunteer, and I live in South Carolina, about a 10 hour drive from the range in Kentucky.

Once it gets to Kentucky, a lady named Amy logs all the information into a spreadsheet & sends it to me by email. My last update from her had 182 names (out of nearly 500 we expect to have by mid March - Postmark dates. . . NOT arrival dates). I've never had to deal with 500 applications in a two week time period, but I imagine she is swamped. When I did the Ft Benning matches & got 200 applications within 2 weeks, I was killing myself trying to stay ahead of it & she has double that.

Once she sends me a list, I send out email confirmation messages. There is usually a few days lag between your application arrival, your check hitting the bank in Kentucky & my confirmation email message. So NO ONE will be dropped off the list on March 1, because you still could put it in the mail on March 1.

Dark Roast Coffee & Dark Chocolate make the best bribes. :D See you in Kentucky.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

803-629-7095

Linda, all of us appreciate what you are doing.:cheers:

So NO ONE will be dropped off the list on March 1, because you still could put it in the mail on March 1.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

803-629-7095

Thanks for the reassuring words! I sent mine in last week so this update will help me patiently wait. :)

60% cacao ok?

Thanks again.

3.3 Range Officers may assess additional "unsportsmanlike conduct" procedural penalties to competitors that intentionally fail to make a good faith effort to engage and hit targets on order to gain advantage. The Range Master and Match Director shall be the final arbiters of any such penalties.

This is like just pull the trigger at a long shot and not really try to hit it. Never seen it called. Usually this will be explained in the written stage briefing or by one of the RO's. Don't worry about it. Just shoot every target you see as fast as you can and life will be good.

It's because of last year's long range stage. :D

I don't think you need a rule like that (plus it is kind of arbitrary) - all you have to do is make the time penalty severe enough to make it worth hitting long range targets. If a 300 yard miss is +5, that target might not get hit a whole bunch compared to one that is +30.

Yeah and considering that it is 100sec max and if it is windy then you know hit it once take the penalty of +5sec if you miss it so that you can hit other targets and don't timeout. So i will be called with "unsportsmanlike conduct" if i do that?