Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 USPSA 3G Nats...

I don't see where you are getting no unbagging longguns in the car. The rule is it must be bagged OR have a chamber flag. If it is flagged it can be unbagged (oh I made a rhyme).

I tried to get it in the new rules to be able to pull your holster from the belt or the belt altogether with a pistol in it but was out voted.

Ok, according to the paragraph below from the Rifle Rules, I can have my rifle in a cart but can only place it there in a Safety Area or under the direction of an RO. I can't see how this allows me to unbag at my car and transfer to a cart. To me this is more than a gray area and I for one will not test the ROs and will be in a Safety Area when I unbag.

Doug

5.2.1.3 Carried in a slip or case (it is preferred that the rifle is carried

reasonably vertical). Alternatively, the rifle may be transported

or stored without a slip or case, whether or not reasonably vertical,

in a mobile rack or carrier, provided the firearm complies

with Rule 5.2.1 and is only placed or removed under the supervision

of a Range Officer, or while in a Safety Area, or when

being transferred directly to/from a staging area as described in

Rule 5.2.2.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will agree the rule is not clearly written. My understanding and what I thought we had done was say it needs to be flagged or bagged. After reading it trying to do this post I see where the confusion comes from. The rule is a mess. Yet another example of why the rules need to be completely rewrittten. I wlll assure you it is clear in the new rules but unfortunately we won't have then approved for this match.

I will get with Amidon as to how this rule will be interprated at Nationals.

I will agree the rule is not clearly written. My understanding and what I thought we had done was say it needs to be flagged or bagged. After reading it trying to do this post I see where the confusion comes from. The rule is a mess. Yet another example of why the rules need to be completely rewrittten. I wlll assure you it is clear in the new rules but unfortunately we won't have then approved for this match.

Hello sir. I'm sure you're very busy, and I hate to pester you about this, but it's getting close to game day. Do we have a definitive answer on this--at least for the Nationals?

Thanks for your time.

with inclemant weather predicted for Friday. . . . how will this affect the bagging and staging of long guns in the racks?

Will the R.O.'s allow us to keep long guns covered untill called to the line?

or will they get a chukle when the scope fills up while you stand around waiting?

We'll be using Time-Plus (Outlaw) scoring this year, and the BOD has approved several rule amendments to ensure that we have fewer re-shoots. Open will be UNLIMITED CAPACITY this year. Tactical will be no more than 8 in the tube at any time (like FB3G last year). That means no loading of the tubes after the start signal, and a chamber empty start w/ Tactical SG will only have 8 rounds in the tube...not 8 rounds in the tube and one on the carrier.

There will be no chrono, since PF scoring will not be used.

Ah!!! Well I guess 2-3 ain't bad. Blue Ridge is the only match left that makes us keep those antiquated 8 round tubes for tactical. I don't think I know anyone that doesn't have an 9, 10, 11, or 12 round tube on their Tactical shotguns.

Y'all have fun this weekend. Hopefully next year this one will move back to the end of the year where there aren't matches every weekend.

Hello sir. I'm sure you're very busy, and I hate to pester you about this, but it's getting close to game day. Do we have a definitive answer on this--at least for the Nationals?

Thanks for your time.

You guys are making me nervous because every year there are those same couple of RO's(not going to name names) that play the gotcha game to see how many people they can DQ, and I can see how they will use this to get some shooters.

Why can't we simply use the rules like at outlaw matches that say flagged is safe and guns should be moved in a reasonable vertical position or pointed into a berm.

P.S. The mayor will be missed!

Just got off the phone with John Amidon.Nobody is going to get DQ'd for unbagging at your car. Make sure you have a chamber flag if the gun is not going to be bagged. I have unbagged my long guns at every Nationals at my car to put them in my cart. I plan to do it this time also.

Also, a loaded shotgun shell is not a chamber flag!

Edited by chendersby

Just got off the phone with John Amidon.Nobody is going to get DQ'd for unbagging at your car. Make sure you have a chamber flag if the gun is not going to be bagged. I have unbagged my long guns at every Nationals at my car to put them in my cart. I plan to do it this time also.

Ya for common sense!

Thank you very much.

Made it Vegas only to find out that one of my bags did not. Had a scare with the ammo also, but got it all fixed. Now to see if I can locate a holster for a 6" STI. Or maybe the airline will find it. Also has all my shoes are in the same bag. I really don't want to try and shoot in cowboy boots. May have to make a shopping trip in the morning.

Mike

Made it Vegas only to find out that one of my bags did not. Had a scare with the ammo also, but got it all fixed. Now to see if I can locate a holster for a 6" STI. Or maybe the airline will find it. Also has all my shoes are in the same bag. I really don't want to try and shoot in cowboy boots. May have to make a shopping trip in the morning.

Mike

PM sent

Thanks for the offer guys. Airline called they have the bag. It got inspected and didnt make the plane. It also had some extra pistol ammo.

Mike

Bags with ammo are 99% certain to get inspected, so pack spare ammo in your gun case and the risk of your bag getting inspected decreases quite a bit.

Got a chance to walk some of the stages with Pete yesterday while the staff were shooting. Some of the props and target presentations are really creative. I think my favorite is the spinning clay bird holder ('course I haven't tried to shoot it yet...).

Many thanks to Pete, Carl, Phil and the crew. The setup looks awesome :bow:

Got a chance to walk some of the stages with Pete yesterday while the staff were shooting. Some of the props and target presentations are really creative. I think my favorite is the spinning clay bird holder ('course I haven't tried to shoot it yet...).

Many thanks to Pete, Carl, Phil and the crew. The setup looks awesome :bow:

Have a good match, Charlie!

Just to clarify, the ROs were told yesterday that this applies to long guns only, handguns must be cased and uncased at safe areas or under supervision of RO. Long guns can be removed from case at vehicle provided a chamber flag is properly inserted.

Took a long lunch and went to watch a bit of Stage 10 ... cold and wind blowing nasty ...

Stages are looking great and spirits are high despite of the weather (was 90+ on Monday and Tuesday), I hope to be able to go back tomorrow and take some pictures.

Results are posted at www.lchico5u.com/mgn2012.html (and a link posted on www.uspsa.org). EzWinScore does not yet have an upload of Time Plus results (which we are going to be adding so we can get the results into the official USPSA results area, but it may take a while to get the code and web support written and tested).

Results are posted at www.lchico5u.com/mgn2012.html (and a link posted on www.uspsa.org). EzWinScore does not yet have an upload of Time Plus results (which we are going to be adding so we can get the results into the official USPSA results area, but it may take a while to get the code and web support written and tested).

Any idea of timeframe? Our State MG match is in two weeks and we have been hoping it would get done for Nationals...but I am guessing no?