Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 USPSA 3G Nats...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are only so many weekends to hold matches. If you look at a calender with the 3Gun schedule, USPSA pistol schedule, IDPA major match schedule, SHOT Show, Bianchi, NRA show schedule, Timmy's birthday... There are at least 60 weekends of stuff out there. Can't really think of a weekend that wouldn't step on something. Choice comes down to your ability to staff the match and how many potential competitors you're going to lose to the other event. In this case, I doubt we'll lose many to the NRA Show, one or two? As far as the Larue match? Maybe a few more, but we also might gain a few who want a warmup before shooting Larue. If I was planning to shoot the Larue, having the USPSA MG Nats the weekend before wouldn't dissaude me one little bit. Wouldn't be the first time I stuffed too much into 10 days.

We had some serious issues with staffing the match last month. Some because of staff treatment (compensation, ability to shoot, whatever.) but a big factor from the staff I talked to was it being so close to the Pistol Nationals. Most were still wiped from 10 days of that match, but physically and real job wise. I know they wanted to move it earlier in the year. If you put it in May you have the Single Stack Nationals, Bianchi Cup, CMMG Midwest MG. Early June is the MGM Ironman, Johnson HM match and a host of Area matches. Kind of leaves April, unless you want to run around the Las Vegas desert in July.

There are only so many weekends to hold matches. If you look at a calender with... USPSA pistol schedule, IDPA major match schedule, SHOT Show, Bianchi, NRA show schedule...

The other successful 3 gun matches are the ONLY conflicts that the majority of us willing to travel for 3 gun look at. no way would I personally miss something like Multi gun nationals for a one gun match.

Chuck, Did you just suggest that the USPSA Multigun Nationals might be used as a "warm up" for a big outlaw match? That kind of makes a statement, doesn't it?

I know USPSA is much larger than Multigun and must take care of the pistol shooting/ROing crowd that is interested in the various handgun nationals, Bianchi, Steel Challenge, and all that other stuff. I'm sure this is the weekend that made the most sense. Please don't be offended. It just struck me kind of funny since I only look at the three gun calendar plus SHOT and NRA Shows. April has every weekend full while March, May, September, and October each only have one event at this point.

There are only so many weekends to hold matches. If you look at a calender with... USPSA pistol schedule, IDPA major match schedule, SHOT Show, Bianchi, NRA show schedule...

The other successful 3 gun matches are the ONLY conflicts that the majority of us willing to travel for 3 gun look at. no way would I personally miss something like Multi gun nationals for a one gun match.

That's you. But I know a lot of major three gunners, like Tony Holmes, Bruce Piatt, Jerry Miculek and Mike Voigt, just to name a small few that shoot Bianchi. And I doubt you could talk Bruce into giving up the Bianchi Cup to shoot the MG Nats. The point is no weekend will completely avoid conflicts. You just need to pick one and roll.

As the Multi-Gun Forum Mayor you really need to consider the needs of all your constituents, not just yourself. :goof:

Edited by Chuck Anderson

Chuck, Did you just suggest that the USPSA Multigun Nationals might be used as a "warm up" for a big outlaw match? That kind of makes a statement, doesn't it?

I know USPSA is much larger than Multigun and must take care of the pistol shooting/ROing crowd that is interested in the various handgun nationals, Bianchi, Steel Challenge, and all that other stuff. I'm sure this is the weekend that made the most sense. Please don't be offended. It just struck me kind of funny since I only look at the three gun calendar plus SHOT and NRA Shows. April has every weekend full while March, May, September, and October each only have one event at this point.

March can be iffy in Vegas, especially if you go a week or two before SMM3G. May is slammed as is October. September could work but we've done that and it's still a push with other events cramming in. You'll likely see the Pro-Am 3G, Ozark 3G and FNH match all trying to cram into the late August-September time frame. The upside is we've got a ton of matches to choose from. The down side is now we have to choose.

As far as it being a warm up, I always use the previous match to warm up for the next. No different than saying SMM3G is a warm up for the USPSA MG Nats.

And no offense taken. Just trying to get information out there before someone decides USPSA had it out for the Texas MG and was trying to crush them with the awesomeness that is USPSA MG.

I'm pretty mixed on that particular date but I am VERY glad they have gotten it scheduled & announced this early! Wish I could make it but I can't however, that might be the same if it were in fall, also. Either way, at least we know when it is & we know it before next year.

Whoever got the match scheduled & announced deserves a BIG ATTABOY!!!!!

MLM

This is going to work out for me,

My wife wanted to go to Vegas for my 40th and it just so happens to be right in the middle of the MG nats. :cheers:

Its too bad it conflicts with the NRA show, but I understand at some point a decision just has to be made and its better sooner than later.

Years ago 3-gun nats was in Vegas in the summer. (fire in the desert in 02??) I swore never again, the heat was unbearable for a northern guy. <_<

The NRA meeting is more important to the industry than I think you realize. Sponsors, MDs, etc, etc. I would really hate to miss my first 3G Nats since the first Multi-gun inception in 2004...

jj

I understand it's an important event. But there isn't a whole lot to be done about it. The contracts are signed. Date is set. As the MD who put his HM match on top of the HM, HO, Trooper and TI match at the Ironman I'm sure you understand sometimes there just isn't the perfect date. That said, I noticed the dates posted are for 5 days. Kind of makes me wonder (and this is complete guess, not BOD approved, not inside info, just a guess) if they are planning to allow RO's and maybe some folks who need to get to the NRA show to shoot on Wed or Wed/Thurs. Again, just a wild guess.

YES,it is difficult. But...

1. When we announced, IM hadn't yet.

2. IM doesn't have Heman, they have Heavy tac, which is heavy rifle only.

3. When they did announce, it was pro/am format, am that weekend.

4. We also made it possible that those who want to do both will be able to.

5. It was not intentional.

.jj

Wow, as others have said kudo's to an early decision!

Now my schedule is almost set...

April looks like this;

6-7 Ephrata MultiGun in Ephrata, WA hosted by Pat Kelly and Carl Carbon...of course RO and shoot

Travel straight to Vegas,

11-15 USPSA Nationals...shoot and RO (I hope)

Travel straight to Liberty Hill, TX.,

20-22 Texas MultiGun Championships...shoot and RO (I hope, sent in app but have yet to hear back)

Travel straight to Colorado,

28-29 Colorado Multi-Gun Championships...shoot and RO for Mark P.

Head home and lick my wounds,clean the guns, reload, and change the oil in the truck. Now if my shooting buddy Bill Sahlberg and I don't kill each other before we get back and our wives haven't thrown our stuff into the garbage it looks like a good time :cheers:

Living the dream! It will surly get me out of the house and keep the wife from pressuring me to get to the TO-DO list that I am into right now.

Ahhhhh....Retired life!

Busyhawk

Haters gonna hate. No date would be perfect, the best thing to do is pick a date early and those that can make it will, and those that can't won't. No use pouting about it now. I am not sure if I can swing it, but at least I can try and plan.