Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What NEW product does Dillon need to work on?

I'd just be happy to be able to pull the handle on my 650 and not worry about the primer system exploding!:ph34r: There seems to be a fix for every other problem!

Not to bust on Case Pro, but how about a "reasonably priced" (definitely not 600$ +) case roll sizer made by Dillon ?????

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I recently picked up my 650, basically to load 9mm, 223 and 308, for which I use quite a bit of military brass. I love my 650, but find that I have two tool heads per caliber, one for depriming/trimming and then one for loading. After decapping I have to deal with the crimped primer pockets. I have the dillon super swage, and while it works, it is a very manual process. I'd love to have a 1050 but it is really more machine then I need, that and the cost of caliber conversions, small/large primer setup etc.

So what I'd really like is a 'brass processing press'. I'm thinking a auto indexing progressive with 3 stations, 1 for a universal decapper, one for primer pocket swage and one for a trim die.

Something in the price of a 550 or 650, auto index, case feeder and swaged primer pockets would be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like a "rebuild kit" for the 650 that had common wear parts.

It could include the major springs and other common parts customer service sees that wear out. It could be a couple bucks. Enough so that people didn't ask for it for no reason, but cheap enough where it didn't seem like you should just call for every part free.

I have been trouble shooting a used (I know it is pretty high mileage) 650 and have been calling for stupid springs and 2 cent parts more than I'd like. I'd happily pay a few bucks to replace all the springs with one call.

Don't get me wrong, customer service has been great, they send whatever I ask for. Just would have been nice to get it all before I even started reloading, and then maybe every 5 years or something.

Edited by bofe954

Another vote to fix the spent primer launch system. Plus the no primer advance if there is no case. AND a vibra prime clone. I love my 650 but I want dillon to hear me loud and clear. I will NEVER buy that overpriced primer fill system you sell. Bench space comes a a premium for many of us.

• 1 month later...

I'd like a "rebuild kit" for the 650 that had common wear parts.

It could include the major springs and other common parts customer service sees that wear out. It could be a couple bucks. Enough so that people didn't ask for it for no reason, but cheap enough where it didn't seem like you should just call for every part free.

I have been trouble shooting a used (I know it is pretty high mileage) 650 and have been calling for stupid springs and 2 cent parts more than I'd like. I'd happily pay a few bucks to replace all the springs with one call.

Don't get me wrong, customer service has been great, they send whatever I ask for. Just would have been nice to get it all before I even started reloading, and then maybe every 5 years or something.

You mean like this? http://brianenos.com/pages/dillon/pics.cal_conv.html#sparts 650 spare parts kit, commonly broken/worn out parts to give your 650 a minor overhaul.

Well I recently picked up my 650, basically to load 9mm, 223 and 308, for which I use quite a bit of military brass. I love my 650, but find that I have two tool heads per caliber, one for depriming/trimming and then one for loading. After decapping I have to deal with the crimped primer pockets. I have the dillon super swage, and while it works, it is a very manual process. I'd love to have a 1050 but it is really more machine then I need, that and the cost of caliber conversions, small/large primer setup etc.

So what I'd really like is a 'brass processing press'. I'm thinking a auto indexing progressive with 3 stations, 1 for a universal decapper, one for primer pocket swage and one for a trim die.

Something in the price of a 550 or 650, auto index, case feeder and swaged primer pockets would be awesome.

This is a wonderful idea for those that like their 550 or 650 but don't want or need to go to a 1050. I would definitely buy something like this.

Sent using Tapatalk

Could modify/extend the primer punch on the 650/550 to act as a longer primer pocket "Swager", one for small and another for large primer pockets? This combined with a universal die for the top that has a threaded rod on it to keep the force off the shellplate, a semi-swager 600 design except press friendly and possibly cheaper? Two seperate toolheads, one for case prep and the other for loading; deprime/resize, deswage, case trim, then I don't know about the other stations. The design is simple, and for most calibers a Lee universal deprime die can be used that has an "extended" drop down rod that presses against the bottom of the case when it deswages. (The Lee die has a collet for the rod, so it will slip upwards before something binds or breaks). I have the Swager 600 but if the press can be utilized for this operation I am all for it.

I'd just be happy to be able to pull the handle on my 650 and not worry about the primer system exploding!:ph34r: There seems to be a fix for every other problem!

Not to bust on Case Pro, but how about a "reasonably priced" (definitely not 600$ +) case roll sizer made by Dillon ?????

I'm all for this, I run all my brass through a U-Die on a single stage first... a poor man's Case Pro ph34r.gif I'll definitely buy something a lot more cheaper.

THe ability to stop primer feeding on the 650.

Remove the plastic cam that advances the primer feed, top right plastic piece on the front frame held by a single bolt. I remove mine after I prime my primer tube when setting up/adjusting the press.

THe ability to stop primer feeding on the 650.

A BETTER POWDER THROWER.

You can put a small washer between the primer index arm and the rotary primer disc. If the hole in the washer is small enough it will prevent the peg on the index arm from going into the hole in the primer disc thereby preventing it from rotating the disc.

Not sure what the complaints are about the 1050 priming system. That section of my 1050 has not been an issue on mine.

My biggest complaint is the 1050 spent primer tube. Really? What the eff? It would take no effort at all for Dillon to make the hole a bit bigger, tap it, have a threaded brass rod that screws into said tapped hole, drops down and then a rubber tube to carry the spent primers away.

An in-line type of press would be great.

As for the exporting thing ... I contacted Camdex last year and they had no issue shipping it to Canada for me. Not sure what the difference would be.

I would be happy with easy adjust knobs on the powder bars. There might be a way to make a primer hopper that flips and fills tubes but there might be issues with the primers blowing up.

Excellent replacement knobs for Dillon can be ordered from this fellow - http://home.comcast.net/~videodog/

I bought some Mr. Dials. They work really well.

http://www.mrdial.com/

Dillon dropped the ball by not doing this themselves.