• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Standard US TEAM

Blake

Puente

Travis

Bragg

This is by far the best coverage of the event available online.

\

+1 I can't find diddly-squat on this match! The biggest event of our sport and nothing... so sad.

I am kicking myself for not going to Greece to cover this match. There would have been day by day updates, photos and videos, just like I did for the Women's squads at Nationals.

I may send the WS 2014 team an email in the next few weeks with some suggestions/solutions for the next World Shoot

Woah, the US is looking good going into the last few stages.

Vogel is 1st in Production by 42 points. Mink and Stoeger in 3rd and 4th.

Blake has Standard by 30 points right now.

And the most exciting part... JJ might have the lead in Open over Grauffel. Even if he doesn't, though, the US squad is sticking right there with Eric. KC and Max are within striking distance.

Jerry has a 70 point deficit to make up in Revolver, so let's be praying for a strong last day.

Europe is just waking up and already 516 downloads of the interim results from my web-site... There is clearly an interest in this information, I do not know why it has not been posted by the match organizers. The stage results are useful for the competitors but overall results each day would have increased interest as we could see the lead changing day by day etc.

We don't have the luxury of watching this sport on TV like Soccer World Cup etc. but with internet access there is no reason why we cannot upload videos several times a day and keep a running commentary on the day by day activities using a Twitter or RSS feed.

Hopefully by 2014 we will have dragged this sport - kicking and screaming - into the 21st Century....

There is almost no cell service at Universal Shooting Acadamy. Good luck getting wifi.

Plenty of time to look for a sponsor to provide a temporary wifi set up.

Hopefully by 2014 we will have dragged this sport - kicking and screaming - into the 21st Century....

Verizon has something new where they equip trucks with cellular transmitters, and roll them out to major sporting events, festivals, and disaster relief efforts for wide-spread mobile access. Maybe somebody can talk them into being a sponsor of the 2014 World Shoot.

All we need is 3G wireless access at the range. If I had that at Desert Sportsmans Club then I could have done uploads at the range. If Verizon have that ability then we definitely need to investigate that as an option, assuming that the Florida range does not already have good cell phone reception.

For the 2012 Area 1 were using IPhone/iTouch/IPad scoring. The range is in the Desert with not great signal. The MD wired the range with Wifi hubs, solar powered. From what he said it wasn't difficult. We'll have live updates from the RO to Stats and then almost immediately to the Internet. It's being tested at the Utah State match in December, then Area 1. Hopefully it will be bug free and a similar system could be used for the WS in 2014

Europe is just waking up and already 516 downloads of the interim results from my web-site... There is clearly an interest in this information, I do not know why it has not been posted by the match organizers. The stage results are useful for the competitors but overall results each day would have increased interest as we could see the lead changing day by day etc.

We don't have the luxury of watching this sport on TV like Soccer World Cup etc. but with internet access there is no reason why we cannot upload videos several times a day and keep a running commentary on the day by day activities using a Twitter or RSS feed.

Because it wasnt "prioritized"...

And dont you dare question why they didnt prioritize it... unless you organized a perfect World Shoot yourself! ;)

All we need is 3G wireless access at the range. If I had that at Desert Sportsmans Club then I could have done uploads at the range. If Verizon have that ability then we definitely need to investigate that as an option, assuming that the Florida range does not already have good cell phone reception.

How expensive would it be to set up a temporary link? I see this at farm shows and other events in rural areas. Even if you couldn't get the local phone co or ISP to do it, An amplified directional antenna, a laptop, and a wireless access point would get you functional.

BB

Blake just posted on his FB, that he won std.

"

Blake Miguez " I am the new World Champ! Thank you to all of my family, friends, and sponsors who have supported me throughout the years. It took me 16 years of IPSC shooting to achieve this title. It has been a dream of mine and one that I will never forget. There is no greater honor in the shooting world and I am grateful to have earned it. Go USA!!!"

Edited by eerw