Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not understand it either. The results are in a file, USPSA sends those to the server and the results show on the web-page as both overall and stage results.... and bear in mind that USPSA is hardly pushing the envelope on coverage either.

Instead they create an enormous .pdf file that they upload to uniflip.

It makes no sense to me whatsoever. This is not the first WS that has had this problem. I suspect that 2014 will be a game changer for this sport with regard to coverage..

Edited by BritinUSA

Latest info I received was that some of the Open squads could not complete their stages and will not finish until before lunchtime Sunday before Shoot Offs ....therefore Final Results have been delayed until then............interesting to note that it appears as if Blake Miguez (USA) has won Standard div, Robert Vogel (USA) won Production div, and Ricardo Lopez (Ecuador) beat out Jerry Miculek for the win in Revolver

Vince Pinto posted that they were trying to get results posted on a timely basis but "lost interest" after being criticized for the delayed posting.

Wow. Yeah, that's a shining example of sportsmanship and event management, right there. :ph34r:

Blake's squad (the Standard SS) ended in the morning, so that result should be pretty close to final, assuming there were no dark-horses on the other schedule. As others posted, the Open SS was cut short by lack of daylight and will resume in the AM. Production, Modified, Ladies Open and Revo all finished in the afternoon-- as far as I know, they are all finished.

I would not expect official "overall placement" results until well after the Awards Ceremony. For some reason, a number of people want it to remain secret until then. I don't get that since it's not like everybody doesn't know who won already, but there it is anyway.

No Excel in Greece apparently

Problem is that the missing stage scores mean you can't import text copies into excel cleanly. All the stage points bunch up one after the other for each shooter, and don't make nice neat columns by stage number.

So interim score results have to have missing scores inserted as blank cells, or you lose the sense of who did what in the individual stages.

BTW, the interim results mentioned above were the same as were posted on Oct 6th. Revo shooter results for the top shooters only covered stages 13 through 30.

Note to IPSC World Match Organizers: This is a "HELLenic" of a way to run a World Shoot. :devil:

It's 6:30pm in Florida. What time is it in Greece?

I KNOW, I KNOW...

IT'S TIME TO HAVE FINAL WORLD SHOOT RESULTS POSTED!

Lost interest in posting results because of criticism? Wow...

A few shooters left to shoot tomorrow AM.

Shooting through Thursday is the last we will get until the final scores are posted.

I'm guessing Tuesday unless the General Strike in Greece Monday delays things further.

I thought only Open shooters are left to shoot 1 stage? If so, then they should be posting the standard, production, modified and revolver results. I see on Jaime's FB page he has posted the top 8 plus 4 alternates for the Standard shoot off....SO,.I know who the top 12 in standard are...

Vince Pinto posted that they were trying to get results posted on a timely basis but "lost interest" after being criticized for the delayed posting.

Wow. Yeah, that's a shining example of sportsmanship and event management, right there. :ph34r:

It's pretty eye opening to read the threads on the global village about all this.

The pat response seems to be "if you've never organized a perfect world shoot, then shut up"

It's pretty eye opening to read the threads on the global village about all this.

The pat response seems to be "if you've never organized a perfect world shoot, then shut up"

The disdain they seem to have for fans and sponsors around the world is nothing short of shocking. What a turn off.

and yet, those same people continue to be "voted" in year after year, election after election. How does that even make sense?

*** Back to Topic ***

Big congrats to these guys for winning:

Production - Bob Vogel (USA)

Standard/Limited - Blake Miguez (USA)

Modified (last championship) - Zdenek Henes (Czech)

International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC)

Congratulation to Ricardo Lopez from Ecuador who beat revolver legend Jerry Miculek to retain his title as World Champion. Also to Blake Miguez from USA for becoming the new Standard Division World Champion. Final results for Open Division will be announced soon (shooting is still happening this morning)

I am kicking myself for not going to Greece to cover this match. There would have been day by day updates, photos and videos, just like I did for the Women's squads at Nationals.

I may send the WS 2014 team an email in the next few weeks with some suggestions/solutions for the next World Shoot

Europe is just waking up and already 516 downloads of the interim results from my web-site... There is clearly an interest in this information, I do not know why it has not been posted by the match organizers. ...

Hopefully by 2014 we will have dragged this sport - kicking and screaming - into the 21st Century....

Make sure you don't show up and get shown the door. There has been talk of getting rid of cameras in the name of competitor equity (can't show your team mate the timing of a mover).

Along with that conversation, they spoke of only allowing "official" match coverage. Which would mean prior approval, I'd suspect.