Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are your thoughts on 3 Gun Nation?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't watch it. I've seen an episode and I think it's ok as a show. I'd much rather go shoot. However I think having it on tv is f-ing awesome. Local 3gun matches seem to have many more people in them lately. The more the merrier.

Split Screen!!

The Jerry vs Mike thing would have been awesome to see them start buzzers at the same time and see them run the entire stage side by side! :)

I like watching the shoot off, but it would be very cool to watch the winner through the entire bracket. Would definately have to add time to the show for that.

It's shooting, it shows "practical" shooting in a positive/professional light. Love it. Beats anything else on TV. I've watch a couple eppisodes 3 or 4 times as background filler when just filling primer tubes or sorting brass or whatever and there is nothing else on.

-rvb

I like it and the new format. I do think it should be an hour in length to show more stages. The idea of the split screen comparisons would be very cool.

The show is great for the sport of 3 gun, and I think it will draw a lot of people out to matches. I am starting to collect up the gear I need to compete partly because of how much fun it looked on 3 Gun Nation.

How many of you are concerned with the 3 Gun Nation point series so you can get into the end of year shoot offs? I know I am counting my points.

Do you guys find it fun to be able to go on the 3GN website and see how you rank against everyone else? Almost like USPSA's classification.

Personally I really enjoy all the tips and info on the show and website.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I bet a better time slot and a few commercials would do wonders for the show but it seems to be beyond their control for this season.

For every person watching 3-Gun Nation, there are thousands watching folks throw rocks on Top Shot since it comes on during the evening.

I like the new format. Even though fewer folks get the spotlight - it is focused. "Normal" people will watch television shows to connect with a character as opposed to fans who will watch for the actual sport. The new format allows both at the same time.

Drama gets people to watch and they increased it a bit this season. It is pretty civil right now and I hope it stays that way.

I would love to see a team relay race format.

With all of these corporate shooting teams, how are we supposed to know who is the best? :cheers:

Edited by DyNo!

I have to say, 3-Gun Nation is what has gotten me off the sideline and given me the drive to buy all the gear I need to get back into 3-Gun shooting. I had been lazy and only shooting IDPA because it was the easiest to be completive in around our area. Now I've got my ass in gear and I'm making a full fledged conversion to only shooting 3-Gun along with long range precision. It's also helped me get other friends interested in join me in this venture. It's an easy way to explain what 3-Gun is all about once they watch some episodes. I have to give them a disclaimer that there are no helicopter props or zip lines at local matches but the basics of the sport are shown in the TV episodes...

That said, they need internet access to all the episodes when they air. I would have to have a Dish Network package that's over $100 a month to get VS and watch it when it airs. That's not going to happen so I have to wait to see season 2.

I like the new format.

they might try a Pro-AM show,,, now and again,, not just the Pro's all the time,,,

3 Gun is for all skill Levels just showing the pro's all of the time might scare off the new folks, that think they can't Play Too.

I dont care for the new format as much, and talked about this with the 3GN crew at the Ozarks match.

I prefer a WHOLE BUNCH of match coverage and getting to see EVERY matchup in the shootoff events. That said - I fully understand - 3GN is not a show for 3gunners to watch. It is a show that is trying to appeal to all people.... and will raise interest in the sport from those not already involved in it.

Whatever format they do - we have to remember that it doesn't need to appeal to existing 3gunners.... it needs to appeal to the shooting masses.

I am super glad they are producing the show, my hats off to the crew. It does nothing but bring in sponsors, and raises awareness so the sport can grow.

I'll watch a 3gun show no matter what they do in the show, over anything else on TV.

I have to say I enjoy the show but I have to agree with some comments I like to see more of the different stages at the match being shot. Seems like they only show 2-3 stages at most a show and even those are greatly edited. Granted I understand this maybe is because they only have 30 minutes a show. So maybe in the future they can expand to 60 minutes to give more coverage. Time slot wise I like how they have 3 showings which helps me see each episode but I would like to see more of the shows online for the ones I miss or so I can see Season 1.

I think all the shooting shows deff need to start showing the amatures! They did it in season one with Pat Kelly and look at him this yr! Showing a great self sponsored shooter has earned him sponsors! He does well...and stop with all the re-runs! There is plenty of stuff in the shooting world going on to keep it all fresh...don't y'all agree!

3GN is about the only gun/TV show I can sit thru. All the others are boring as sh*t or stupid. How many shows can you make where somebody fires twice, move a step to the side and re-holsters?

Chad and those guys put alot of work into 3GN. It keeps getting bigger and better. They have great things in the works.

Chad isn't just a TV host. He shoots 3-gun matches around home every chance he gets.