Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Area 1 Pistol Championship

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the stages are up (minus the mystery classifier) and Ken sent a great picture of the range. I have to admit that this is the best pre-match information flow that I have ever seen. Thanks Ken and company!

See you Thursday...

Later,

Chuck

Just got back from checking out the range. Easy to find, about 3/4 mile of gravel road going in. A little dusty.

Stages are FRIGGIN'AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(yes--it deserves 16 exclamation points) Ken Nelson and his merry crew have REALLY put in the time and effort on this one.

Should be a fun match--looking forward to shooting it. :D

Got to thinking. Does anybody know of an Area match with a higher attendance? I know A6 has been in the high 300's but I've never seen one break 400. Didn't know if that used to happen 80's and 90's or if this is a first. Anyone?

This is just awesome. Congratulations, Chuck! It is great to see the match growing (and off the I-5 corridor, too)

Staff match starts mid day tomorrow, I can wait to get my glock on! Stages are great, seems to be lots of close targets with precise foot position needed. Weather is fantastic and I cant wait for the festivities to begin!! See you all on the range this weekend.

The match is looking awesome,Ken and crew are fantastic.... I am really excited to shoot my first real match of the year. Not to mention seeing many freinds and making new ones.

The temps look very HOT....hope there is some sun shade in each stage! Or this Alaskan is gonna melt away......

Got to thinking. Does anybody know of an Area match with a higher attendance? I know A6 has been in the high 300's but I've never seen one break 400. Didn't know if that used to happen 80's and 90's or if this is a first. Anyone?

I don't know about you, but when we did the first of six A6 matches in 2005 and the number of competitors passed 300 with no signs of slowing down, we looked at each other and said what have we gotten ourselves into here? From 2005-2010 we had 350+ each year, and that continues today with 2011 and 2012's matches. And yes, I think it's a first to break 400. We ran the 1992 A6 and that was something like 200 competitors, which was pretty typical. Nothing broke 400 back then except for the Nationals.

Edited by wgnoyes

had a blast at Area 1.

the scoring system they had was awesome, you could see your score on within 30min of shooting a stage. very cool that it worked well.

the stages were awesome, just a little too fast. but all of the stages with 28++ rounds. with all kinds of no-shoot, hard cover, swingers, drop turners and all kinds of activated targets. easy shoots and and medium shoots (no Hard Shots).

table starts, unloaded starts, at side starts, surrender, uprange... what i am trying to say is that it had everything you could want.

i vote Ken should get nationals to be held there! in st. george UT. they got more stages than they know what to do with!.

Got to check out the stages today. Every single one looks awesome! They've put a lot of work into making the stages look really nice, as well as fun to shoot.

83de1b1c.jpg

Wow!!!

That is amazing.

Yeah, someone had a lot of time to paint all the walls with animals and scenery . all the stages were painted up nice. something to make the particle board look good.

but we are shooters and painted walls dont have anything to do with how good a stage is.... but the stages were good!!

Yeah, someone had a lot of time to paint all the walls with animals and scenery . all the stages were painted up nice. something to make the particle board look good.

but we are shooters and painted walls dont have anything to do with how good a stage is.... but the stages were good!!

Bob Wolf spent 3 hard weeks painting everything. He's a great guy and did a great job!