Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Area 1 Pistol Championship

I'm pleased to announce that the 2012 Area 1 Pistol Championship will be held in St. George, Utah on April 26-29, 2012. The web site is 2012 USPSA Area 1 Championships

The match website is up and running and we are accepting registrations. Area 1 residents will be accepted and guaranteed entry into the match until December 15, 2011. After that the match opens to all comers. We anticipate that this match will fill and be the largest Area 1 ever held.

We are running the match as a trophy only event. No prize table. There may be some prizes donated by sponsors that will be given away via random draw during the match and with various raffles. There will be a junior class on Friday April 27 as well as a free class for Veterans of the Armed Services. Note, we also have a number of free match entries for Juniors registered for the class and veterans. You can see the website for more details.

There will also be several side matches going on for your down time. The range in St. George is huge. Much bigger than we need for just an Area match. We're going to do our best to make use of it. We'll have at 14 stages plus Chrono, at least three side matches, at least two classes, raffles, giveaways and some great scenery.

St. George is in a beautiful area of Southern Utah, about 90 minutes NE of Las Vegas. It's about 40 minutes from Zion National Park and a lot of other recreational activities. If your interested www.atozion.com is a great website to start planning your vacation.

We will be doing online squadding for the match and will open that up sometime in December, before the 15th. Our MD for this match is Ken Nelson. For those of you that don't know him he's an awesome computer guy and the website and registration reflects this. You'll register through an online form. Once you submit you'll get an email back letting you know it's been received and information on how to pay for your entry. I've tried it a few times and it's pretty slick.

Take a look at the website, let me know if you have any questions and sign up early if you don't want to miss out!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks that it is during my busiest time of year as a fertilizer applicator. :angry: I will have to beg and plead with my boss to see if he will let me go. :unsure:

I thought the election was in November

The real spreading starts after they are elected. I am having to work 30-40 hours overtime over the next two weeks while a certain president goes around selling his jobs bill. :roflol:

• 2 months later...

Just a quick note to the folks who haven't signed up yet, particularly the Area 1 shooters. The cutoff for guaranteed acceptance for Area 1 members is December 15. I received an email from the MD tonight and he has 300 registered, with another 15 or so likely tomorrow based on email and other conversations. There is a good chance this match is going to max out either on Dec 15 or very shortly thereafter. If you want to go, get you app done....now. We'll have lots of great shooting, both in the match and several side events, great weather and scenery and a chance at the best prize gun I've seen in a long time. Cameron Custom has agreed to build us a complete open gun. Schuemann, Cameron Custom and Brownells are donating the parts. Scott at Springer Precision has agreed to have the gun finished in Ion Bond. Safariland has donated a complete rig, belt, 013 Holster and mag pouches to go with the gun. Like I said, best prize I've seen at a match in a very long time. The gun will be awarded to the high Area 1 Director :devil: I'm just kidding, I'd have to be high to think I could get away with that one. We will be selling raffle tickets for the package. All the proceeds of raffle will go towards the MGM Junior Camp.

I've got lots more surprises planned, but you'll have to get into the match before you can be a part. Times running out.

After shooting the Utah State Championship last weekend at the same range the Area 1 shoot is going to be held at, I am so looking forward to this match. The southern Utah crew did a great job. The match was well run, the stages were fun, the range layout worked great, and the ROs did a fantastic job.

They really have a lot planned for the Area 1 match. My son is looking forward to the junior camp and I am looking forward to meeting some of the great folks from Area 1.

Just a quick note to the folks who haven't signed up yet, particularly the Area 1 shooters. The cutoff for guaranteed acceptance for Area 1 members is December 15. I received an email from the MD tonight and he has 300 registered, with another 15 or so likely tomorrow based on email and other conversations. There is a good chance this match is going to max out either on Dec 15 or very shortly thereafter. If you want to go, get you app done....now. [...] Times running out.

Chuck

How's things look for match staff? The schedule puts this shortly after the MG Nationals. I was thinking of possibly sticking around the SW a little after the MG and could work A1 on my way home.

Mike

Looks like this match will fill up.

Wish I could make this one, never been to Utah (yet).

Can I enter the raffle without shooting the match?

Yep, we hit 350 a couple days ago. Pretty sure it's gonna be waitlist for some unhappy folks.

My thought on the raffle was to open it up to everyone but I was out voted and we're keeping it to just the folks at the match. You don't have to be present to win, but you have to buy your tickets at the match. The down side is not everyone gets to play. The upside is the folks going will have an great chance at a terrific prize package.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted everyone to know we put the final details on the Area 1 Raffle gun. Through some very, very generous donations from our sponsors we have the ultimate Open prize package we'll be raffling off to one lucky Area 1 Championship shooter. Our sponsors for this package are, Cameron's Custom Guns, Schuemann Barrel, Brownells, Safariland, STI, Springer Precision, and DC Ammo.

This is a turnkey Open Division Package. Everything you need to head to the range and shoot.

Cameron Custom Open gun, finished in Ion Bond by Springer Precision

2-140 mm magazines

1-170 mm magazine

Safariland Belt, mag pouches, holster

and

500 rounds of 9mm Major ammunition courtesy of DC Ammo.

Now the gun is still being built so I don't have all the specifics. I know it will have a Schuemann Barrel and Comp, Cameron Magwell and Sideways C-More mount, STI 2011 Slide and Frame and a host of other top quality components from Brownells.

This package will be raffled off to one lucky winner at the end of the Area 1 Championship this year. We will only be selling raffle tickets at the match. If you want a ticket, you have to be there.

All the proceeds, every penny, will be donated to the MGM Junior Camp.

• 2 weeks later...