Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load Two belt by Chameleon and Carbon Arms TWiNS

serevince

Interesting email you guys got. I wonder if I'll be getting one of those too.

I was thinking the same thing... I'm waiting on my Load 2 to get here.... Going on about 14 days since I placed my order... very antsy, want to try it out!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chameleon belt looks like it is flexible and would fit any size waist. is that correct? or is is stiff? The Otto belt appears to be stiff and might not fit snug on a thinner person. However, the stiffness might help in snatching shell off it. Does anybody have both?

The Chameleon belt looks like it is flexible and would fit any size waist. is that correct? or is is stiff? The Otto belt appears to be stiff and might not fit snug on a thinner person. However, the stiffness might help in snatching shell off it. Does anybody have both?

The Carbon Arms TWinS is not stiff. In our year plus of testing and R&D, we found that a stiff panel on your chest was not a good idea for most 3 gun stages and went with a system that is flexible, and modular. When we tried loading off of rigid mounts, we saw no benefit. Being able to modify the angle of the two stacked shells was a definate speed advantage, which is why we designed it that way.

There are links to videos and photos in our vendor tent as well: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=252

I have both the Chameleon belt and the Otto X2. The Otto is a solid piece of plastic and holds them secure but still allows you to pull to shells off smoothly and quickly. Since it is completely solid it did not fit me very well and the sides stuck out (I'm skinny). The Chameleon belt is flexible when wrapping it around me and can be fit very snug to my body. While it is flexible going around my body it is very stiff and will not flex if you try to bend it top to bottom. The holders are very solid and hold the shells slightly stronger than the Otto's which slows things down slightly but I think that can be fixed with some sandpaper and trial and error. I liked the Chameleon so much that I bought a second one to wrap around my chest for those higher round count all shotgun stages.

I have both the Chameleon belt and the Otto X2. The Otto is a solid piece of plastic and holds them secure but still allows you to pull to shells off smoothly and quickly. Since it is completely solid it did not fit me very well and the sides stuck out (I'm skinny). The Chameleon belt is flexible when wrapping it around me and can be fit very snug to my body. While it is flexible going around my body it is very stiff and will not flex if you try to bend it top to bottom. The holders are very solid and hold the shells slightly stronger than the Otto's which slows things down slightly but I think that can be fixed with some sandpaper and trial and error. I liked the Chameleon so much that I bought a second one to wrap around my chest for those higher round count all shotgun stages.

Did you try the updated clips? Or are you saying even the new updated clips are still really tight compared to the Otto unit?

I tried an Otto version today. I have a 28 inch waist. The Otto design is contoured for a man much large than I, lol. The board kinda flares off of my sides like wings.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the Carbon Arms TWinS FSL 12 round? Since I am used to loading from the belt, I am really interrested in this system.

Thanks,

Z

I have the 8round.

Might take a little more practice to get used to than the "broom-clip" holder style as you need to basically get your fingers kind of spread like a claw, feel between the shells, grab the shells, and kind of curl your fingers around them while you pull them out of the FSL.

Haven't practiced nearly as much as I have with weakhand 4shell, but I'm able to get 6sec shoulder-to-shoulder remount with 8shell reload pretty consistently whereas the best I can manage with weakhand is 7secs with 8 shells if I don't fumble.

The only "difficult" part to me is the last two rounds on the bottom that are resting on the bottom surface of the FSL......I have trouble getting a good consistent grip on those for some reason.....possibly because of the cutouts in the plastic.

Supposedly the vest is easier/faster to use, as MarkCo has pointed out with time differences posted around here somewhere.

Planning on trying the broom-clip style holders to see how it compares.

Edited by AustinWolv

Has anyone tried the Carbon Arms TWinS FSL 12 round? Since I am used to loading from the belt, I am really interrested in this system.

Thanks,

Z

I have the 8round.

Might take a little more practice to get used to than the "broom-clip" holder style as you need to basically get your fingers kind of spread like a claw, feel between the shells, grab the shells, and kind of curl your fingers around them while you pull them out of the FSL.

Haven't practiced nearly as much as I have with weakhand 4shell, but I'm able to get 6sec shoulder-to-shoulder remount with 8shell reload pretty consistently whereas the best I can manage with weakhand is 7secs with 8 shells if I don't fumble.

The only "difficult" part to me is the last two rounds on the bottom that are resting on the bottom surface of the FSL......I have trouble getting a good consistent grip on those for some reason.....possibly because of the cutouts in the plastic.

Supposedly the vest is easier/faster to use, as MarkCo has pointed out with time differences posted around here somewhere.

Planning on trying the broom-clip style holders to see how it compares.

Hey AustinWolv,

Sounds like you are getting the hang of the caddie pretty quickly, that's awesome! One little technique thing that might help with the last two shells; come in at them from the face of the caddie instead of trying to come up through the bottom. If you come in from the face you can start the lift then hook around the shells as they come up the channels. Also, be sure that the retainers are not adjusted too tight on the bottom shells. When you have only one shell per side the wire retainer should just barely touch or be off the shell a little. This will allow them to come up the first bit more quickly and increase your consistency with that row. The way the retainers and channels work, you don’t have to worry about those shells rattling free.

I hope that helps. Good luck with it and keep it up!

James C.

Thanks James. I'll play with the grab and see if I can't get more consistent on those last two; pretty sure I know what you are describing and that does make sense instead of trying to come up through the plastic cutouts. I have the retainers as loose as they'll go so not worried there.

Nice to hear Otto is making a "skinny" version. After getting mine and practicing for a bit, I'm not giving up weak hand caddy loading, but those will be back up for higher round count stages. The rig will be primary.

I trimmed up the Otto carrier. I cut off the end two to make it an 18 round carrier. It does two things. First it fits me better as it's only as wide as my stomach. Two, it stores easier since it's now flatter. I still have room on the weak hand side to access a belt mounted caddies should I need 22 or more rounds. I've never shot a shotgun stage that required reloading more than 20 rounds. I don't shoot the 3G Nation tour.

I still practice both methods of loading to maintain flexibility.

I just pulled the trigger on the vest. Only minor complaint is the web site did not want to take a PO box despite shipping by US Priority mail. Here in Alaska most of us have to use our PO box because we don't get home mail delivery.

Pat

We are shipping to Alaska without problem - P.O. Box we accept too :-)