Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load Two belt by Chameleon and Carbon Arms TWiNS

serevince

I just got the Twins vest and used it in a match today and I got 1st place. My shotgun is what did it and that is usually my weak area. I beat two of my buddies that usually stomp me. This thing is awsome. I only had 45 minutes of practice the night before with the vest to get used to it. I cut my reloading time in half from what my weak hand load is.I am super happy.

Pat

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, you guys are killin' me. I haven't gotten very consistent at weak hand/caddie loading yet, and you have got me thinking I need to jump ship already! Last match, I left a trail of shotgun shells on the ground like Hansel and Gretel. I would still need caddies as we usually have a long shotgun stage with 35-40 targets....gotta keep working at it. Maybe a combination of the two is what I need....hmm!

If you are in the Denver Area, Let me know and I'd be happy to let you try out the SSL and FSL from Carbon Arms.

That's a nice offer Mark, I may just take you up on it. I get down there occasionally......and I'm coming down for sure to your April match. I'll be the guy leaving a trail of shells behind me :roflol:

I'm so glad I moved away from snow and ice. The reloads looked pretty fast considering the loss of dexterity cold brings.

Is there any special kind of porting that should be done with these systems. I have a stock SX3 and am a little concerned that the forks will eat my thumb even more than standard weakhand loading.

I'm so glad I moved away from snow and ice. The reloads looked pretty fast considering the loss of dexterity cold brings.

Is there any special kind of porting that should be done with these systems. I have a stock SX3 and am a little concerned that the forks will eat my thumb even more than standard weakhand loading.

I need to get my gun moded just been too lazy and short on funds to do it. My thumb got a blister on it from the 30 minutes or so of practice I did the night before the match. (first opportunity I had)

Pat

Pat,

Are you switching over to Tac Optics? I have the Chameleon belt and have my 8 round reloads down to under 6 seconds. Were those videos at Birchwood (I'm at work and the videos wont play), How much longer are they going to run matches? I will be down to Anchorage over Thanksgiving weekend and was hoping there would be some type of match that Saturday.

John

Pat,

Are you switching over to Tac Optics? I have the Chameleon belt and have my 8 round reloads down to under 6 seconds. Were those videos at Birchwood (I'm at work and the videos wont play), How much longer are they going to run matches? I will be down to Anchorage over Thanksgiving weekend and was hoping there would be some type of match that Saturday.

John

Dale lets us shoot both divisions at the matches. You pay 25 for the first division and $15 for the second one. The Birchwood schedule for this month is

11-13-11 Steel Challenge shoot

11-20-11 Three gun

11-27-11 Steel challenge

I am at 8 seconds for 8 shells from the vest at this point. So your ahead of me by a lot. Dale said he is going to run matches all winter as long as people show up.

Pat

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got to compare my Load Two to an Otto system. Form and Function, the Load Two wins out.

1) I like that the belt is flexible. It conforms to any body type/shape. Also lets you wear it high or low.

2) The shell holders are replaceable if you break one, as opposed to everything being one piece.

3) It is modular. I bought the 28 rounder, but even with my "extra real estate" (ie tactical tummy) I took several of the holders off. Running 11 of the holders (as opposed to all 14) allows the shell/belt to fit between my mag pouches and holster without any interference. In 2 minutes, I can put the other caddies back on is a stage dictates the need. I could also take off several more if necessary to accommodate regular shell caddies on my belt.

However, the shell tension is still a bit of an issue. I have left shells in my belt for several weeks. The tension still causes me to fumble shells occasionally. I know that I need to practice more, and this will cease to be an issue. I have gotten decent at reloading with the belt, but the shells come out of the Otto belt so smoothly/freely

Now that I have had a direct comparison, I plan on breaking out some sand paper and seeing what I can do to lesson the tension on the shells.

Edited by HS101

I bought the Mark Otto, and my g/f has a Chameleon Load Two on order; we wanted to be able to compare. The stiffness of the Otto may become an issue, but I only plan on wearing it while shooting a stage where it is necessary; right after unload and show clear, it's going back onto the cart. :)

For a few nights, I sat on the couch wearing the Otto belt while watching TV and just practiced grabbing two and loading them into the gun. The plan was to get the basic motion down. Then last night I actually tried a standing reload against the timer. With minimal practice so far, I did have a few flubs, but not many. Getting eight reloaded shot-to-shot in 7 seconds was easy; my smoothest runs were 6--6.5 seconds. By comparison, my weakhand reload time for eight shells is 8--10 seconds.

I think this will be a winner! I am also looking forward to comparing it to the Chameleon belt.

• 3 months later...

Over the winter I invested a fair bit of time and switched to the load 2 method. At a local match this weekend there was a fellow competitor, who was shooting resonably well and I could tell that he is working hard to get good. He was really struggling with shotgun reloads, so I introduced him to the load 2 method. He spent about 12 minutes (no exageration) and pulled down a 7sec reload. We timed him off his caddies and he was running 11 sec weakhand. He confessed that he had about 15 hours legitimate weak hand practice to get to 11sec. Dude was so amazed with his seamingly effortless progress, he decided to order a Twins chest rig as fast as he could pull the money together.

We've been developing a load 2 system over here at TACCOM ovee the last few weeks. We've seen what is out there on the market presently and to come up with something that is as good or better was a tall order for sure. I personally know Mark Otto and the Casanova Boys at Carbon Arms....and good people too! People that know me, know that I am a designer....can never stop that design mode of thinking; maybe it's a curse (nah).

We had some hurdles to overcome while coming up with our design.

1) Had to actually hold the shells (and allow for ease of grabbing)

2) Needed to be adaptable to the many different styles of gear attachment.

3) Needed to be Modular

4) Needed to be user adjustable for tension

5) Needed to be able to take abuse

6) And lastly.....had to be inexpensive.

Believe it or not, this is sort of a throw back of a design I did about 4 years ago using plastic conduit clips on a chest rig for my 20 gauge M2.

I am sure that you'll be starting to see them pop up at matches that we will be sponsoring this year.

Which one is the best system?? I'll never say, some is just going to have to get some of these, compare and make their own decision.

There is a short write up about them and a pic in our dealer forum.