Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load Two belt by Chameleon and Carbon Arms TWiNS

serevince

In case you were curious.

Load Two Belt by Chameleon: $117 holds 20 rounds

2011-08-26_20-51-42_714.jpg

Carbon Arms TWiNS $200 holds 16 rounds (Pictured is a $50(?)V-TAC MOLLE rig with $230 worth of TWiNS)

2011-09-09_19-21-25_433.jpg

Side by side of individual shell holders. The Chameleon is molded and the TWiNS is machined. The Load Two appears to be much stouter, it's much smoother all around since it's molded. You could easily fix the sharp edges on the TWiNS with a little sandpaper (if they are even a factor for you) The Load Two belt holds the shells too securely. While this may change with use. The TWiNS is way easier to strip shells from out of the box.

2011-09-06_17-10-46_484.jpg

So for a cheap option at the cost of a little speed (may change with use?) the Load Two is great. For more speed out of the box and more versatility (more mounting configurations) with double or triple the cost the TWiNS is the way to go. If the Otto belt combines the speed of TWiNS near the same price point as the Chameleon, it will be a winner.

In the end, they both have strengths and weaknesses. For me, I'll prob be sticking with the TWiNS.

Cheers

Vince

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought a twins belt and the quality is very nice! I filled it up once and loaded my shotgun with it. My first reaction was crap it holds the shells too tight! When I grabbed them out the high tension of the clips messed up my hold on the shells which isn't a good thing. I plan to practice my ass off with this thing and see how it compares to my moderate paced weakhand loading. I'll try to get ya"ll some video and feedback.

I really like the way the Chameleon looks, could be more comfortable. I went with the Mark Otto because I got it in 4 days and the cost per shell holder. Otto belt was $150 and hold 22 shells.

The GRiTS loading is a lot faster for me. (Grip it, rip it, tip it, slip it).

Going to be interesting to see how many of these are going to be at the 3 Gun Nationals.

I agree with the comments on the Load Two belt.

It's built bomber and is very comfy. If it didn't have a such a death grip on the shells it would be awesome. Especially at the price.

The TWiNS is all that and a bag of chips, but it cost almost as much as as some of the guns I compete with. Lol

Cheers

Vince

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I ordered my Load Two belt on Aug. 30 and received it on Sept. 9, using the cheapest shipping option. It was $133 (including shipping to CA) for the model with 14 loadings (28 shells). It also came with a spare holder, hex keys and bolts.

The clamps are a little too tight, but Chameleon does recommend using sandpaper to change the strength of the grip. Haven't tried the sandpaper mod yet.

its cool that the units are coming out.

I will have to do a photo of how my twins unit is set-up

What I like the most about the Twins unit over Belt loading is that I can see the shells in the holder on my right side. that way I can put slugs and shot mixed and know what I am grabbing.

A stage that has slug shots mixed up in the middle is not a problem at all.

photos to follow,

At any price better is better.

I use the Load Two Belt already 2 years and I had never problems with the grip, because i load the belt with shells 24h bevor the action, so the holder are more openly.

looks like the holder have som kind of "memory effect" when the holder are for longer time unloaded...

today i shoot with 2 Load Two Belts one above the other (2x10 loadings), that I have more place on the right side for my rifle-manipulations.

:D 40 shells... :huh: should be enough

Bela at Chameleon answered my emails very quickly. I did wait a long time for shipping but that seems to be a anomaly.

Right now I would try the Otto version. As nice as the Chameleon-Fabrics belt is, it has too much tension on the shells out of the box.

I have left some shells in mine to see if that makes a difference and will report back with results.

Cheers

Vince

Updated to the review: I was gone over the weekend, and left shells in the Load Two belt. It significantly loosed the grip on the shells. They still require a firmer grip than the TWiNS or else the shells will shift in your grip as you strip them.

I personally would not start with a dremel on these. I would start with leaving the shells in and practicing with it to break it in. If it still isn't as loose as I want, my next step will be some light polishing.

Cheers

Vince

Edited by serevince

Can't figure out how to edit my update in the original post. Is there a time limit on edits, or am I dense?

Vince

In case you were curious.

Load Two Belt by Chameleon: $117 holds 20 rounds

2011-08-26_20-51-42_714.jpg

Carbon Arms TWiNS $200 holds 16 rounds (Pictured is a $50(?)V-TAC MOLLE rig with $230 worth of TWiNS)

2011-09-09_19-21-25_433.jpg

Side by side of individual shell holders. The Chameleon is molded and the TWiNS is machined. The Load Two appears to be much stouter, it's much smoother all around since it's molded. You could easily fix the sharp edges on the TWiNS with a little sandpaper (if they are even a factor for you) The Load Two belt holds the shells too securely. While this may change with use. The TWiNS is way easier to strip shells from out of the box.

*UPDATE:I was gone over the weekend, and left shells in the Load Two belt. It significantly loosed the grip on the shells. They still require a firmer grip than the TWiNS or else the shells will shift in your grip as you strip them. I personally would not start with a dremel on these. I would start with leaving the shells in and practicing with it to break it in. If it still isn't as loose as I want, my next step will be some light polishing.*

2011-09-06_17-10-46_484.jpg

So for a cheap option at the cost of a little speed (may change with use?) the Load Two is great. For more speed out of the box and more versatility (more mounting configurations) with double or triple the cost the TWiNS is the way to go. If the Otto belt combines the speed of TWiNS near the same price point as the Chameleon, it will be a winner.

In the end, they both have strengths and weaknesses. For me, I'll prob be sticking with the TWiNS.

Cheers

Vince

Edited by serevince

I agree with you that the LoadTwo belt holds the shells way too tightly when it's new. I left mine loaded for like a week and put it out in the sun for a day (loaded) and left it in the truck the rest of the time in 85+ degree weather. Saturday night was the first time I practiced with it and after around 10 times of loading 8 I was able to get down into the 7-8sec range about 50% of the time. The rest were still under 10 sec. I then shot my first match with the system the next day and although it still holds the shells tight, it has loosened up. For anyone getting a LoadTwo belt, I'd recommend filling it up and leaving shells in it for a few days and then practice. The key to getting the shells out smoothly seems to be pulling straight out. It holds them too tight so if you try to pull to the side too much you'll mess up your grip on the shells. That all being said, I had a ton of compliments/interest in the system yesterday at the match and I'm definitely faster with it than I was with weakhand loading 4 at a time. YMMV :cheers:

I just recieved this email from Chameleon...

Hi Jesse,

based on reactions of our clients we modified new generation of the clips. And to the clients they already have our belt we send free new version too.

You beat me to it. I received the same email. Can't wait to try the new clips. This might change my opinion since it could eliminate my only complaint.

Cheers

Vince