Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post a Pic of your CZ's

OpenDot

You know what they say about opinions ! I won matches with all 4 guns I mentioned - searching for the perfect gun - before I figured out "pick one and PRACTICE" ! Kinda like the CZ 'cause it's more fun to be the guy on a 12 person squad who's not shooting one of the other three.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what they say about opinions ! I won matches with all 4 guns I mentioned - searching for the perfect gun - before I figured out "pick one and PRACTICE" ! Kinda like the CZ 'cause it's more fun to be the guy on a 12 person squad who's not shooting one of the other three.

I agree, I have guns in production, single stack, limited, open and revolver and my revolver and single stack are the only non CZs I have settled on. A custom 1911 I did myself and an old Colt Python I came across. Otherwise all CZs and mainly the same CZ each time.

I use a cz so01 Shadow in production because:

1. It is steel

2. It is heavy

3. It has an external hammer

4. It has a grip angle close to the 1911

5. It has a good trigger in Both modes

6. It looks awesome.

All personal preference. There is no magic. Any reliable gun will do.

Edited by lawboy

CZs to me at the top end have a double action trigger pull of a finely tuned revolver, and a single action comparable to top dollar 1911s. Kind of like the best of both worlds.

With regards to production division, it's basically like having a very low recoil single action gun.

THIS.

• 4 weeks later...

Got my SA back from CGW this week with all the bells and whistles including removing the FPB and David's front and rear sights. Love the trigger! The gun fits my hand better than the TS and I can already tell transitions will be a bit faster. Can't wait to take it out to a local match this weekend. I built this as a backup and because I am sending the TS out to CZC for a bunch of work and needed something while it was gone. Also had David throw in the SRS kit into into the Phantom, which definitely helped the absurd reset it had before. Cell phone pics for now.

20140114_231432.jpg

20140114_230215.jpg

20140114_231037.jpg

Edited by mspiredm3