Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New xdm

gunshrink

I just picked one up at our local gun shop. They were having a Springfield Armory day and they had all the popular stuff there. Even Deb from the Custom Shop was there!! I got to run 20 rounds thru there 5.25 demo and had to have one. They had two for sale and they were gone in less than 1 hour. After a bit of a break in, it will be going to Rich for one of his awesome trigger jobs. Only bad thing about this gun is I think the resale on my Canyon Creek 4.5" 9mm just took a hit!!!!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The new range where I went to work at today had a new bitone 5.25. Sooooo sweet. I was busy with training so I didnt get a chance to shoot it, but I will on Wednesday. The trigger is WAY better than other XDMs Ive played with, even better than my broken in XDM 40

Wow....really....was waiting for an S&W Pro 5" in .40 (dual purpose gun) as a Production gun and home defense etc. And this came XDM along and then I got to thinking I could deal with the 9mm thing. But at that price....I think I"ll have to pass....that is as much as I paid for a slightly used Hardchromed Edge?

I just picked one up at our local gun shop. They were having a Springfield Armory day and they had all the popular stuff there. Even Deb from the Custom Shop was there!! I got to run 20 rounds thru there 5.25 demo and had to have one. They had two for sale and they were gone in less than 1 hour. After a bit of a break in, it will be going to Rich for one of his awesome trigger jobs. Only bad thing about this gun is I think the resale on my Canyon Creek 4.5" 9mm just took a hit!!!!

Wow....really....was waiting for an S&W Pro 5" in .40 (dual purpose gun) as a Production gun and home defense etc. And this came XDM along and then I got to thinking I could deal with the 9mm thing. But at that price....I think I"ll have to pass....that is as much as I paid for a slightly used Hardchromed Edge?

You paid $750 for an edge? I'll give you your money for it.

Does it have a diffrent roll pin for the striker in the 5.25 vs the 4.5 model?

No, the sights, slide and barrel are the only differences.

That's strange, that they would not try to fix the roll pin issue. In the 1 year I shot the xdm in competition I had 2 break on me. Another guy at my club also had 2 break on him in 1 year

That's strange, that they would not try to fix the roll pin issue. In the 1 year I shot the xdm in competition I had 2 break on me. Another guy at my club also had 2 break on him in 1 year

What roll pin issue? Third season for my 40 XDm, and have yet to break one. I have had the pin out a few times, but it is still the original pin. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, I always say. Having said that, I do carry spares ;)

What roll pin issue? Third season for my 40 XDm, and have yet to break one. I have had the pin out a few times, but it is still the original pin. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, I always say. Having said that, I do carry spares ;)

Stop drinking the kool aid..Its broken for many people. Im not trying to rain on the hype. Its a honest question.

Stop drinking the kool aid..Its broken for many people. Im not trying to rain on the hype. Its a honest question.

They break only for the people who don't maintain their pistol, and that is an honest opinion. I've seen a lot of folks who don't change their springs to and wonder why they get weak or break too, but I don't consider that defect, as they only have so many spring backs in them also.

Edited by Loves2Shoot

If you dry fire without a snap cap you will lessen the life of the roll pin. I had to change the roll pin in my primary gun at 38K rounds and I don't dry fire-just live fire. It probably would have lasted a bit longer but it had a crack in it, time to change.

Rich

You paid $1,400 for this gun?

I'm picking up mine tomorrow. I paid $769 thru my local gun store. Included was a extra mag for a total of 4, a nice Springfield hat and T-shirt and 1 hr range time. No transfer as they are the selling dealer. I like to support the local shop if possible....

My comment was that someone stated the price was $1,399? I also saw a post on XDtalk that indicated the price ar Cabelas was that high? BTW....I paid $1,400 for an used Edge with 4 mags and other minor additions.

Proof positive that folks can post bad info faster than it can be corrected. He did try to correct it once he went back and realized it was a Springfield Custom Shop XDM 4.5" but it appear the mis-information was already out there.

I'll sell you 2 XDM 5.25 9mm's for $1400 :D

The problem here is that that there was an incorrect post way early, before he guns were even released that said one was at a Cabellas and it was $1400.oo. That was a Custom Shop XD, not the new 5.25. That has now spread like a virus and at this point you'd have to go back weeks of posts to trace origin and find that the originator admitted it was an honest mistake. Unfortunately, the error still circulates, and new readers may think it's a $1400.00 gun. IT AINT!!!

The guns are now arriving at dealers shelves and it appears to be more like a $700.00 to $800.00 gun. That is cheap for all you are getting.

I am now having a second 5.25, this one Bi-Tone tricked out a little at the Springfield Custom shop for Kippi to use for USPSA production. Unless it shoots better than mine, in which case she will get that Black one. Don't tell her I said that!!

Rob

I got my first shipment the other day, the first ones out will be the 4P upgrade- trigger job, tungsten guide rod, extended release, new front sight with a full width dovetail(blk or f/o), traction grip treatment, and barrel/slide/frame tightening.

I will be getting some Bi-Tones(stainless steel) next week. There are a few that are not spoken for as of 7/21 so let me know if you want one. Photo's will be added over the weekend.

Later,

Rich

I have yet to see one these myself but ordered one anyway and just found out today that I should have it sometime next week :cheers:

Already have a few Springer Precision essentials waiting for it but, this new gun has a high bar to meet as I am very happy with my existing pair of 5" XD9's.

Edited by xdnok

Just looked at a 5.25 last night and it appears to have a .125 fiber front sight. If correct based on just visual observation why didn't SA go with a .10 fiber?