Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What gun have you sold and regret it to this day...

I would imagine, if you are like me, you dread parting with any firearm. But if you have, what is the one that really stands out as the one that got away...

For me, a sweet shooting, tight action, NM 1911...

I would imagine, if you are like me, you dread parting with any firearm. But if you have, what is the one that really stands out as the one that got away...

For me, a sweet shooting, tight action, NM 1911...

STUPID STUPID STUPID! ! ! Is what I tell myself everytime I remember the Marlin Camp Carbine in .45ACP that I had and sold. One of the most fun guns EVER.

I actually dont regret any of mine. I won a 629 44 mag about 6 years ago and never fired it. Sold it to one of my dad's friends and financed my new muzzleloader. Sold a gun I had no use for to buy a gun I really wanted and love. Sounds like a win to me B)

A correct '43 GI 1911A1. It wasn't as-issued since at some point it had been parked, but otherwise everything was right. It went to a true collector and finished his collection of 1943 issued US small arms. I regret it every time I think about it. The only consolation is that there isn't anyone more deserving to receive it. The gentleman had recently retired from teaching helicopter pilots at Ft. Rucker, and has a long service history including combat flight in Vietnam. He was like a kid with a new toy when I finally gave in and let him take it off my hands.

I owned a few different Colt 6" .22 Diamondbacks. Wish I had kept at least one of them. Not because they are worth so much now, I think the Pythons and Diamonbacks are some of the best looking guns ever made and I just always loved shooting them.

Sold a Winchester model 94 30-30 that my Great Great Grandpa had handed down through the family . I was young and thought a 100 bucks was a lot of money . When my Dad found out he was pretty bummed and thought I was lying when I told him I didn't have the guys name or number anymore but unfortunately this was prior to cell phones and e-mails so I really didn't have the info .

I owned a few different Colt 6" .22 Diamondbacks. Wish I had kept at least one of them. Not because they are worth so much now, I think the Pythons and Diamonbacks are some of the best looking guns ever made and I just always loved shooting them.

Diamondback are SWEET! Always wanted one...or a Python.

Sold a Winchester model 94 30-30 that my Great Great Grandpa had handed down through the family . I was young and thought a 100 bucks was a lot of money . When my Dad found out he was pretty bummed and thought I was lying when I told him I didn't have the guys name or number anymore but unfortunately this was prior to cell phones and e-mails so I really didn't have the info .

That's a bummer... :(

"the one that really stands out"

All of them is a cop-out answer. The discussion is about which one you miss the most. :sight:

I have several I miss, probably my mint Bren Ten, just for coolness, I regret selling the most.

On the other hand I have 2 or 3 others I couldn't wait to see go! :ph34r:

The 80's vintage Smith & Wesson 29 with an 8-3/8" barrel and two custom holsters. I still grump about not insiting on first right of refusal and the buyer lost it on loan when he lost his job.

On the other hand, 1897 Winchester pump shotguns couldn't go soon enough after they cost me big points at matches for puking big time (time and again).