Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 South Carolina Section Championship

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you weigh your gun this week? ;)

We replaced the steel Mainspring Housing with a Colt plastic one, for a significant weight savings. He was considering going to a Caspian aluminum grip safety, just for more "wiggle-room", but I don't know if he actually did.

I'm stoked about this match! Shooting Saturday but, will be arriving Friday around noon or so. I'll be heading to the range Friday for a little bit to keep from going stir crazy in the hotel. Best of luck to all competitors!

Did you weigh your gun this week? ;)

We replaced the steel Mainspring Housing with a Colt plastic one, for a significant weight savings. He was considering going to a Caspian aluminum grip safety, just for more "wiggle-room", but I don't know if he actually did.

Whew... Passed scale, box and chrono, so actually did shoot Single Stack today. Great match. Lots of fun running and gunning. Good luck all!

Many thanks to Jack, Lee, Linda and all the wonderful staff and sponsors for making it great. I had a solid day... We'll see how things go for everyone tomorrow.

Anyone know who won overall in Open?

I would have to guess it was Chris Tilley. But we'll see when Linda gets the computer issue resolved and the scores go out.

Edited by tackdr1ver

I wanted to thank everyone who attended our match this weekend. We really appreciate your support. Even with rain Saturday a.m., I think everything went smoothly during the match. I do want to apologize for the technical difficulty that came up with the scores. Those of you who know Linda know that she is doing everything she can to get the scores squared away. As soon as everything is corrected, she will post interim results. We will allow 24 hours for review/corrections before we post finals. I am sorry we could not give out awards and checks yesterday but I assure you that they will go out when we get the scoring issue resolved.

I would like to that Linda, Julie and Sandra for all of the work they did with stats and making sure everything was organized properly. I especially would like to thank Tom Thompson (Mid-Carolina Rifle Club President) for always being supportive of closing our range and hosting our section championship. Thanks to Frank Thompson (our Range Master) and Ken Streeter (Chronoman) for coming down from Kentucky to help. To all of my CRO’s and RO’s that worked the match, thanks for all of your help. Also, to our club volunteers that helped with set-up, the match, and take down. Special thanks to Lee King and Palmetto Gun Club for bringing a stage to the match and running it.

Finally, I would like to thank our sponsors for supporting our match:

Eyecord

Montana Gold Bullets

Starline Brass

Ranier Ballistics

Apex Tactical

Uniquetek

Lee Precision

Earinc.

CPWSA

Zero Bullets

Atlanta Arms and Ammo

We will let you know when the results are available. Stay tuned…

I have to echo what others have said, It was a very fun match to shoot. Thanks to the Staff & especially Linda Chico for her hard work. The guys on squad 7 were a great bunch of guys, and all seemed to have an outstanding day of shooting.

Linda was very upset that she wasn't able to get the results out on time and said she would do her best to have them out within 24 hours. She said she would send out an email acknowledging division/class winners when they are complete.

Edited by tackdr1ver

This was a great match. I had a lot of fun and will definitely be back next year for sure. Thanks go out to all the folks who put in their time and effort to make this match happen.

First Major Match, I was not disappointed in anything except my shooting. It was challenging and fun. Good job and Thanks to the staff.

You picked a great one for your first!

Although I enjoyed every aspect of the match, my best compliment was on the stage designs. They were challenging, but fun. That is one heckuva balance to achieve and the Jack Suber-designed matches that I've attended have had that. I even got to learn how to "speed stuff" a bunch of magazines into mag pouches under the clock, although I think that we can blame Lee King for that one. (Just kidding, Lee. We all now have a new skill-set.) Luckily for me, one of the forward-falling US Poppers malfunctioned on my first three attempts. I'd get the start signal, load the gun, stuff the mags, and engage the first two or three targets. Then the popper would just fall on its own, requiring a reshoot. I was getting pretty good at that procedure by the time I got to shoot it "for real"...

Now if they could just fix all those dancing steel targets and get them to quit moving around so much. (Just about everybody on my squad remarked, "I just can't hit steel today!".)

Edited by Braxton1

First Major Match, I was not disappointed in anything except my shooting. It was challenging and fun. Good job and Thanks to the staff.

You picked a great one for your first!

Although I enjoyed every aspect of the match, my best compliment was on the stage designs. They were challenging, but fun. That is one heckuva balance to achieve and the Jack Suber-designed matches that I've attended have had that. I even got to learn how to "speed stuff" a bunch of magazines into mag pouches under the clock, although I think that we can blame Lee King for that one. (Just kidding, Lee. We all now have a new skill-set.) Luckily for me, one of the forward-falling US Poppers malfunctioned on my first three attempts. I'd get the start signal, load the gun, stuff the mags, and engage the first two or three targets. Then the popper would just fall on its own, requiring a reshoot. I was getting pretty good at that procedure by the time I got to shoot it "for real"...

Now if they could just fix all those dancing steel targets and get them to quit moving around so much. (Just about everybody on my squad remarked, "I just can't hit steel today!".)

Yup, lots of fun. I got to hold the timer while you experimented with three variations of loading the gun, stuffing mags and then leaning around a wall. My personal favorite was the first trial where you just went strong hand around the wall while still stuffing mags!

To me a lot of the fun is getting to be creative about how to shoot a stage. I saw a lot of different ways to shoot just about every stage just in our squad. That is the sign of good stage design. There was a lot of good stage design in this match.

I do think the guy that did #6 is just a bit off but........................ It was one of the stages I had the most fun shooting.

It is also very nice to just shoot and not to have to paste, or seting steel.

Thanks