Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 2 - Episode 10

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't like heights, Chris? That Salient looks awesome. Rooting for Jaimie from here on out. Even my wife is hooked on this, wants to have a TopShot party the final night.

No I have no problem with heights, loved the rappelling we did in the Army ...... I meant it looks like a blast! :)

Don't like heights, Chris? That Salient looks awesome. Rooting for Jaimie from here on out. Even my wife is hooked on this, wants to have a TopShot party the final night.

welll party at openb's!!!

:cheers::cheers:

I'm down with that too, Paul! Party at Bobs house! :)

If this show hopes to keep some semblance of being a competition next season, the producers need to come up with another way to determine who goes to the elimination challenge. For a group of people to decide how they were going to vote before a competion even starts and in spite of how the competion goes makes a mockery of the whole thing. Just leaves a very bad taste watching supposed adults conspire to get rid of a person who seems to be a decent guy.

That all said, glad how it ended and now in the Jamie camp to win it all. He faced incredible pressure and did what he had to do.

Replies:

Im pulling for Jaime for the remainder of the season. Everyone seems to hate him for some reason and I dont know why. I want him to clean house.And yes, lets please keep this week's thread civil. B)

I agree, a few episodes George was saying he doesn't even know what Jamie does, just ask him. Or look up his bio, I'm sure when they get there everyone goes around saying who they are, what they did to get there, etc.

Nice to see some different guns being used.

I agree. I thought the selection was really good. I like the Hi Power, as Iain said, they used a lot of 1911's, but the Hi Power was a nice touch. Glad to see the AR back, esp. all military, I'm sure everyone is at least somewhat familiar with it. The FAL was a great choice too, one that I wouldn't have thought of, But i've always been partial to seeing an HK91 on the show...

Glad Jamie is in. Ashley and George need to go.I'd like to see Gunny and Jamie in the finals

There are only 2 shows left, last season there were 3 in the final, not just 2. I'm gonna pull for Joe, Gunny, and Chris. Seems 3 very well rounded shooters with different backgrounds.

This has been a good episode!:cheers:
Agreed, but did you see the promos for next week? :surprise: Oh yeah, THAT looks like a freakin' riot! :cheers:

I agree. The Salient is going to be a lot of fun...what was the pistol, thought I caught a Silver SN on the dustcover, back to the Glock? Do XD's put they're SN's there too?

Last season they had a "worst 2 times go home right now". i liked it and hope they do it again. Sounds like they might as its the 2nd to last episode. The Salient off the back of the moving vehicle looks awesome, not to mention the heights.As for tonight's show, after the sudden the attitude change of Ashley, I'm glad to see him go. How can they all keep saying it "performance based" after last week's voting shenanigans???? That phrase was uttered no less than 5 times tonight. It'll be interesting to see how the next 2 episodes go....

Going by performance, Ashley came in at 1:25 (I think it was), which was 2nd to Jamie's. Why would he have went if it was all performance based?

Thoughts:

1) I liked this episode. Everyone dogging Jamie, him roaring through the course, Gunny storming through the stage, only to snap the FAL in half.

2a) I thought they could have done better with the platforms. Maybe one in water? so you'd get on and it would rock? I don't know how they'd do it safely though, especially with a firearm, but they all seemed pretty similar.

2b) I would've thought a moving side to side escalator would have been neat, with having to complete all your shots before you reached the end. Hard to do out in the mountains though.

3) That being said, the challenge looked a lot harder than the shooters made it seem. Also, did you notice the uphill shooting? Ashley was probably the most visible one, those elevated targets would have been tricky, even with high powered rifles.

4) The challenge seemed really neat. I'm surprised it wasn't a lot closer than it ended up being though.

5) How many bananas do those guys eat?! Right before the elim challenge, they showed the kitchen, 6 people in the house and they musta had 40 bananas on the table?!

Last season they had a "worst 2 times go home right now". i liked it and hope they do it again.

Once they get finish with the teams, they should finish with the voting stuff as well. The worst two shooters on any event go to elimination for a couple episodes then it goes to sudden death - everything becomes an elimination challenge.

I watched the show again and I have to remember how much of the 'drama' is done with overly creative editing. All we are shown are clips and sound bites from from conversations and comments that may or may not have been recorded at the same time.

I think I'm jumping on the "fastforward through the drama to the shooting" bandwagon. Make room...

Edited by Paul Santiago

Jamie shot solid, still not sure what all their heartburn is about him.

still laughed at Ashley's trash talk to Joe in the kitchen

"Remember to pack your hopes and dreams, Bitch"

I watched the show again and I have to remember how much of the 'drama' is done with overly creative editing. All we are shown are clips and sound bites from from conversations and comments that may or may not have been recorded at the same time.

I think I'm jumping on the "fastforward through the drama to the shooting" bandwagon. Make room...

The handshake snubb and the body language tell me that it wasn't edited from two different scenes............The weird thing is that I totally didnt' see the attitude comeing from Ashley until the very end.......Notice how all of a suddend the "quiet" guy starts talking more and more crap, even to his "friends"........He knew he was going home, and couldn't be saved by their voting scheme.......

CW

My 18-year-old son Sam has not been watching the show, but last night he sat down with us and watched. This is what he had to say: "Any good 3-gunner would make all these military guys look like a bunch of retards." Maybe not the most PC thing to say, but I think he hit the nail right on the head. Jerry would have run through that course in about 25 seconds.

I've always fast forward through the in house garbage sense the 1st episode, reminds me of some MTV crap type drama lol. I always FF to the shooting, show is only 20-25 minutes long that way!! lmfao

Jaime did awesome, the under dog comes a head... I hope he hangs until the end. He seems like a stand up dude with no ego (or keeps it in check well).

I'm glad dude choked and got the boot.

next week should be good!!