Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forty faced.

Mat Price

Had a round not go fully into battery stuck slide grab the front slide rack it hard round goes bang on the ejector bullet hit slide and punches me in jaw case hits me in the chest lots of blood later the Sti is fine jaw is swollen and this is why I never let ro's cup my chamber on unload and show clear

Edited by Mat Price

45 I was out of wolf primers and used some soft federals i keep on hand for my open glock. Sometimes the Sti extended ejector hit the primer hard enough to set it off. This is much easier with soft primers. So I got the projectile in chin busted me wide open bled like a stuck pig. But I am aware of this so I always keep my hand away from the chamber.

Moral of the story use hard primers and case gauge even ur practice rounds.

What's bad is I was more worried about my aperio

Seen the same thing at a match one day but the Guy had his hand over the ejection port while ULSC and the round went off. Cut his hand pretty bad and scared the sh!t out of everybody. I always hold the gun away from me and use the rear cocking serrations. Glad you're all right.

We had a guy ULSC last year and when the round hit the ground it hit a rock and went off. The guy that just took over the timer from me caught a little in the face but nothing serious thankfully.

We had a guy ULSC last year and when the round hit the ground it hit a rock and went off. The guy that just took over the timer from me caught a little in the face but nothing serious thankfully.

What you mean, nothing serious???? I had serious brain damage otherwise you would not be kicking my rear :roflol:

Fullrace will probably speak up soon. He had an out of battery detonation couple years ago. Won't go into the gory details, but CareFlight was called. As they used to say on Night Court, he's feeling much better now!

So does that count as a shot on the shot timer? :huh:

Up to this point I have always cupped my chamber to catch the round as I unload and show clear. I will NEVER do that again after reading this forum, and I will advise the same to anyone else I ever see do it. I never in a million years of my anal retentive over cautious practices would have thought about this happening. I have never seen it, but it is engrained in my brain now.

Thank you very much for sharing this post. Damn.

I'm going inspect my ejector/primer relationship as soon as I get home tonight. What an eye opener!

When you load long you need to be careful that the ejection port on the slide is long enough to accommodate your loaded round leaving the gun. I had the same issue several years ago and when my gunsmith hand cycled a round out there was not enough clearance and the round could (and did) get pushed back onto the ejector. I ruined a perfectly good pair of shorts.

Seen several go off on unload and show clear always with injury and sometimes damaging the pistol.

Smooth is cool when ejecting a round by hand, just a few seconds can save pain and suffering.

Thanks for the post, hope your feeling better.

Up to this point I have always cupped my chamber to catch the round as I unload and show clear. I will NEVER do that again after reading this forum, and I will advise the same to anyone else I ever see do it. I never in a million years of my anal retentive over cautious practices would have thought about this happening. I have never seen it, but it is engrained in my brain now.

Thank you very much for sharing this post. Damn.

I'm going inspect my ejector/primer relationship as soon as I get home tonight. What an eye opener!

+1! I still do that and should know better. This thread is just another example of why not to do it. Thanks for sharing and glad it wasn't too serious.