Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best 9mm brass

Red Ryder

The absolute best brass is the kind people leave laying. Like the 1000 I picked up Saturday.:cheers:

My tests have shown the following

RP Win are very good with no problems.

FC and the Speer family are very good but the case walls are thinner and I had to use a u-die to get the bullet to stay put.

PMC is good.

I am almost to the point of having enough of the above to last me for years so I can finally quit messing with all of the other misc stuff out there.

I have come to the conclusion that S&B is not worth messing with. The primer pockets are tight and need reamed usually. AND they make steel cases that look just like brass! Get a magnet and check for yourself.

Get out there and get all you can and you will find it adds up quick. I have been reloading nothing but RP for over a year in production.

I prefer WIN. That is what I buy when I buy once-fired brass, and that is what I load for major matches.

Otherwise for practice & locals I use pretty much whatever... I cull S&B, EDP, and A-MERC, and load about everything else.

A-Merc gets trashed... I tumble and load everything else for practice and locals. Usually stick to Win or Speer once fired for bigger matches, just because I have tons of both.

Alot of S&B brass does have tight primer pockets, but I load it up anyway. It's not a huge deal but needs a little more ummpphh! when you seat it. Like someone mentioned, they do have that steel crap that looks like brass, so get a large magnet to run over all of your brass first.

Some of the NATO brass needs the primer pockets reamed and uniformed, but you only have to do that once. I usually do a bunch of them at one time and never have to worry about them again.